Wedding Date Drama

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10
Wedding Date Drama
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 11:10 AM

Ok, so i'm not officially engaged yet, but it's definitely happening soon.  Here's the problem.  A friend of mine got engaged in Dec and is having her wedding next year (Summer).  I have always wanted a spring wedding, is april or may too close?  Does she have a right to be mad if that's when I had mine?  we'd be in eachother's weddings too.  HELP!

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Re: Wedding Date Drama
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I would simply sit down and talk to her about how you feel and work things out. She'll be grateful that you've taken the time of her pre-arranged wedding into consideration. It was nice to read this post. 

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Thanks! I hope that works, I do feel that that is ample time in between, plus I just thought it would be fun to be in the same situation as a good friend.  Ya know, bounce ideas off of, bitch too if necessary :)

goldelox20 Posts : 152 Registered: 8/6/07
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

having weddings around the same time as your friends is really not that big of a deal.

Case in Point:  I'm getting married in august, friend 1 is getting married in sept., friend 2 is getting married in oct., FH friend is getting married in nov. (and in another state).

friend 1 and I have our bachelorette parties in back to back weekends and she understands that I'm not able to be at her bridal shower b/c it's the weekend after my wedding.  Friend 2 hasn't given me any dates for pre-wedding parties, but if I can't make it, she knows why - we're all going through the same things at more or less the same times. 

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 7:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

She shouldnt be mad...when else are you supposed to do it. My very close cousin is getting married 3 months before me and I even set my wedding date first...at first I was a bit annoyed but now I'm completely over it and am actually glad she's having her wedding first...takes some of the pressure off me.

Formerly San Ramon Bride

The Big Day: 9/20/08

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 8:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

The fact that you are concerned speaks volumes about your character.  Sit down and talk to your friend and tell her your concerns.  I wouldn't care one way or the other, but everybody doesn't think alike!

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 5:53 PM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

thank you so much!  It's good to hear that I'm not a crazy person for thinking this was perfectly ok :)  Only 6 more months for you, congrats!!

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Have your wedding when you want it.  You get your day and she gets hers.  No she should not be mad at you for getting married before her.

DutchBride Posts : 118 Registered: 3/11/08
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 5:57 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsperry

I could understand her being angry if you had it on the SAME day as hers, but I do not think it should be a big deal if you have it before hers at any point and time.  She should be as happy for you, as you are for her.  I definitely wouldn't be angry if my friend got engaged after me, but got married before me.

* Marijke *

I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand & that the Eskimos has a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me when you sleep & there are no words for that -Brian Andreas

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 12:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

ok I feel you girlfriend and my situation is similar to yours a friend of mine is getting married june 10 of this year and my wedding date was june 14 of this year she asked me to be in her wedding and I agreed to be in it to give her support as for me i pushed my wedding back to june 14 2009 because of that and other reasons so to make a long story short I don't think she will be upset with you as long as you are there for her big day if she's truly your friend she will understand your happiness too.
We Are in It To Win It!! And It Is A New Begining For Love.

Message was edited by: Tanjill

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 5:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Tanjill-Your baby girl is absolutely precious!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine