Question for the fitness gurus out there! :)

Online Users: 1,252 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 6

geminibridetobe Posts : 83 Registered: 6/5/07
Question for the fitness gurus out there! :)
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 12:17 PM

Hi!  I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a chance to get nice muscle definition and become tone for my wedding in 3 months (specifically in the arms and the abdomen area.  Is it hopeless?  I would still start now to attempt it but I was just hoping to hear some encouring news regarding this...thanks!! 

Belle1154 Posts : 235 Registered: 11/2/06
Re: Question for the fitness gurus out there! :)
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: geminibridetobe

I am in no way a fitness guru, but I have some ideas.  

One word: Pilates.  That, to me, is  one of the most effective toning workouts, and if you use a video, it is pretty easy.  You can get videos that target specific areas like you mentioned.  Pilates is even more effective if you pair it with a cardio activity, like running, elliptical or spinning.  If you do pilates like 2 days a week and maybe run for a half hour two days a week, you WILL see results.  Pilates, I think, will give you results regardless, but the cardio will help.  

If you dont want to invest in pilates videos, I would suggest doing situps, crunches, leg lifts, etc every night.  20 minutes a night can do wonders!

Hope this helps! 

"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine..."

I marry my prince on April 19, 2008

http://weddings.partyspace.com/dianaallen

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 11:43 PM Go to message in response to: geminibridetobe

I know a number of women who have managed it.  Pilates as suggested, strength training at a gym would also be a good suggestion.

Good luck!

hulabride08 Posts : 270 Registered: 10/22/07
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

For toning, my trainer recommends 2-3x a week.  This is on top of the 30-60 min of cardio per day.  It seems like a lot of exercise, but that is the newest recommendations out there.  When doing strength training...you can target all areas or just the abdomen and arms too.  Good luck-hard work and dedication CAN get you there!

Can't wait til my Honey Pot is my Husband!!!

Kica Posts : 90 Registered: 10/3/07
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 9:18 PM Go to message in response to: geminibridetobe

I'm not a guru, and I can't say if there is a chance... but I'd say trying to do it in three months is better than not trying at all. It wouldn't hurt. Just keep it up.

I've got two months to improve myself... I only work out four days a week. But I don't have an expetations (did I spell that right?) for what I want to look like or lose... so I'm just taking whatever I get within my time frame.

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 9:22 PM Go to message in response to: geminibridetobe

So, luckily, a pal of mine is a personal trainer.  For abs, she trains a yogalaties (sp?) class...combo of yoga and pilates.  She has given me lots of tips on taking these same moves from the yoga room to the weight room.  For instance, I learned all the basic yoga/pilates moves and now I replicate them using weights.  I hope this makes sense.  Basically, it's just adding more "core" strengh control. 

And yes, lots of various types of cardio usually about 30-40 minutes at least 3 times a week.  I'll do jogging, then eliptical, then bike or take a cardio class.

Arms are easy!  Weights.  I haven't used over 40 lbs in any of my lifting, but my upper arms and shoulders are beautifully defined now.  I don't use any of the machines.  When you have to do a butterfly arm movement using just your own body force, it's so much harder and the results are amazing.

I've been working out for about 4 months now with my pal so YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 3:25 PM Go to message in response to: geminibridetobe

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine