i am so frustrated with myself .. vent

Online Users: 1,323 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

WeddingBelle08 Posts : 118 Registered: 7/31/07
i am so frustrated with myself .. vent
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 7:55 PM

I started a post months ago based on the fact that I think food controls my life. It still does and I am so frustrated. I don't need to lose alot just 10-12 pounds. But I LOVE to eat.. especially food that is not healthy for me. Like tonight, we have plenty of healthy food in the fridge, but today was a tiring and stressful day so we resorted to ordering a pizza and coke. I'm so sick of this. I just want to feel healthy and lose the weight to look amazing for my FH on our honeymoon at the end of June. I want to be as small as I was when we first started dating. I feel uncomfortable naked.. along with the cellulite and veins on my legs. I just need some support... and to vent.. thanks for listening:)
**On June 28, 2008... I'm tying the knot!!**

Belle1154 Posts : 235 Registered: 11/2/06
Re: i am so frustrated with myself .. vent
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 8:08 PM Go to message in response to: WeddingBelle08

I know EXACTLY where you are coming from.  I don't technically need to lose weight but I would like to lose like 5-10 and tone up a little so I can look good on my honeymoon.  I joined a gym near where I work, but I no longer have time to go on my lunch break and I commute to far to go after work so the gym is out...and thought I KNOW what we consider "healthy" I still want to grab the junk because I am stressed.

So here is what I say:  Dont beat yourself up about it.  Set some realistic goals for yourself, even if it is things like eat one piece of fruit a day or replace most caffinated drinks with water.  When the weather allows, take some walks which is good fitness and relieves stress.  And ALLOW yourself treats!  Eating pizza and coke for a night will NOT make you gain weight.  You are stressed and planning a wedding...you DESERVE treats.  You dont have to micromanage what you eat, just have some general guidelines. 

And remember that your FH thinks you are stunning and incredible no matter what you are wearing or how you look.  He is going to be so thrilled to see you walk down that aisle and be with you on the honeymoon that he wont care about 10-12 lbs.  You will be beautiful and glowing as a bride marrying the man of her dreams!

"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine..."

I marry my prince on April 19, 2008

http://weddings.partyspace.com/dianaallen

EveT2007 Posts : 1,949 Registered: 8/31/06
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 8:15 PM Go to message in response to: WeddingBelle08

Hi, Belle -- Hey, if you only need to lose 10-12 lbs you are in MUCH better physical shape than the majority of American women.  Give yourself credit for that!

That said . . . there was a time when I needed to lose 10-12 and then it became 15-20.  As the years go by the pounds tend to pile on slowly but surely.  Ah, and the cellulite and veins.  If it weren't for old-fashioned airbrushing and newfangled Photoshop, you'd see these on all the swimsuit models over age 18 too.

But you are so right that eating healthy foods in appropriate quantities is the best way to keep your figure.  What kinds of foods do you honestly love that are healthy and not high-calorie?  Does your grocery store carry convenient versions of them -- such as prewashed salad mix, preshredded carrots; apples and bananas you can buy individually rather than a 5-lb pack?  Maybe make a bargain with yourself: you can have the pizza if you eat 2 raw carrots first.  You can drink the Coke if you first drink 2 glasses of plain water. 

I lost 14 lbs (2 inches off my hips -- YAY!!!) in the 7 weeks leading up to my wedding by staying on a calorie-counting diet and Just Saying No to desserts.  I used www.nutritiondata.com to look up calorie counts for various foods.

Then, too, is there a way you can incorporate a little more exercise into your daily routine?  Even just standing up every 15 min, if you work at a desk, is good for your body and burns some calories.  Or parking at the far end of the parking lot so you have to walk a little farther.  And of course there's the "indoor non-spectator sport" that many couples like to use as their workout ;-)

I hope your FH doesn't make uncomplimentary comments about your body.  If he does, you can tell him from me that that is a sure-fire way for a guy to turn off his wife's passionate tendencies!

EveT

AmyDR Posts : 452 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 8:19 PM Go to message in response to: WeddingBelle08

Maybe this will help you....I have a lot of weight to lose and honestly I lack motivation but I'm still going to try.  One of the things my nutritionist has told me is that you can eat anything you want but the biggest thing is the portion size.  Perhaps if necessary you reduce your portion size.  The other option is to make a meal a head of time that is healthy that will provide easy left overs that you can just heat up.  Buy things that you can use to put together a quick salad.  Also don't forget to eat 2 small snacks a day such as a quarter cup of almonds or yogurt.  Increase your protein and decrease your carbs and sugar but do not take them totally out.  The best meats are poultry and fish.  Anyway, I hope this helps.  I know it helped me for a year before I relapsed and I lost 50 lbs.

WeddingBelle08 Posts : 118 Registered: 7/31/07
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 8:35 PM Go to message in response to: AmyDR

Thanks guys for the immediate responses. It's inspirational to come here and have amazing women support you and make you feel better about yourself. No, my FH doesn't say anything about my weight-- he loves me for me. But also like Eve said... yea now's it 10-12 to lose, in a year from now it could be 20 lbs to lose. I want to work on it now until it gets way too late.
**On June 28, 2008... I'm tying the knot!!**

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 3:17 PM Go to message in response to: WeddingBelle08

Weddingbelle I hear you. You're not the only one. And I also could stand to lose about 10-12 pounds. For me weight watchers really works. Because its not a diet and it doesnt make you give anything up, which is unrealistic. It just teaches you ways to eat the right portion sizes and before you know it you're eating healthier foods anyway.

For me I buy bagged salad and keep sliced almonds and craisins on hand at all times so I can just throw them in the salad.  I'll eat a HUGE salad for dinner or lunch or maybe a smaller one with dinner. I try not to buy too much junk but I'll buy 100 calorie packs because its just enough sweet or salty.

I go to the gym about 3 times a week for about an hour each time. I focus on weight lifting and always do at least 20 mins of cardio. I know you said you're very busy for the gym, but even walking at night gets you moving.  Every little bit helps. 

Daisypath Ticker

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 1:42 PM Go to message in response to: WeddingBelle08

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 1232 is just $419.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine