Anyone been to Sandals???

Online Users: 1,259 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4
Anyone been to Sandals???
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 1:40 PM

Has anyone been to Sandals All inclusive resorts? 

I am curious about some of the additional fees.  We are on a tight budget so I want to make sure of what we can afford additionally before we go.

We are booking a butler suite with 24 hour room service...is there an additional fee for that?  How about the on resort photo shop, what kind of fees do they charge?  What about the leaving tax I heard about?

Above and beyond all that, how was your trip?  What month did you go in?

Thanks for your help!!!

www.mywedding.com/kevandcrisi

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: Anyone been to Sandals???
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 11:31 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We stayed at the Sandals Regency in St. Lucia for our June/ July 2006 honeymoon.  We had a wonderful time.  There are restaurants open 24/7 at the resorts, so butler service is not necessary, unless you really think it is worth the couple extra grand you will fork out.  If you are on a tight budget, I would skip that service.  We had conceriege service available, but we never used it.  Honestly, we are just not that lazy.  We like to plan out our own stuff.

There are additional fees if you buy their pictures.  And then, it just depends on what size you get.  They are not cheap.  Probably at least $10- $15 per pictures (unframed).  For all countries, you have to pay departure tax...in cash.  You should be able to check with the airlines to find out the exact costs.  We just always make sure we have at least $40 in cash per person left on us so we can leave and it has always been more than enough.

Andy extra activities and excursions you will have to pay extra for.  You can check Sandals website for excursions and prices for each location.  That is what we did to get the best idea of what they had to offer. I do recommend the private beach dinner.  It was probably our best meal while we were there.

jamiewilso Posts : 2 Registered: 7/22/11
Posted: Sep 29, 2012 4:16 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

One of my cousins has been to Sandals Regency and he told me he had a great time.

However, you can go to tripadvisor to know about various other destinations and hotels.

Catherine88 Posts : 170 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Oct 5, 2012 2:06 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Some costs in detail,you can consult a travel agent.Good luck!

ahmet Posts : 3 Registered: 2/10/13
Posted: Feb 13, 2013 10:59 AM Go to message in response to: Guest
RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine