November 2008 Brides

Online Users: 1,299 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 290

November22Bride Posts : 397 Registered: 1/8/08
Re: November 2008 Brides
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 2:13 PM Go to message in response to: hotforteacher

How exciting about your dress!!! I can not wait till mine gets here... this weekend is going to be very busy for me.

Saturday me and FH are going down to my moms (where the BM dress shop, e-pic, are) and staying there all weekend. My BM is going to try on the dress again (fingers crossed). Then she is going to help me work on the invitations. I need to make a trip to the craft store since thats the last day to use a 25% off coupon (off entire order). I need to get my eyebrows waxed. And I’m meeting with the DJ.

Then Sunday one of my BMs is going to do my hair to make sure it doesn’t go flat for the e-pics on Monday. Also me and FH are going on a double date with the BM that doing the sample dress, she has a new BF and she wants us to meet.

Monday are my e-pics... I’m really stressed about them, I really want them come out good. Me and FH only have like two pics of us together. So this is really going to mean a lot to me

JUST ONE MORE CLASS TO GO!!!

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 1:21 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

hey ladies, i posted my e-pic, heres the link

http://www.brides.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=59791&tstart=0

also i need to find a new place to get my BM dresses make... this really suck.

whats going on with you all?

jennyinnc Posts : 21 Registered: 11/23/07
Posted: Aug 15, 2008 9:20 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Nov22 - I loovvvvvvvvvvve your engagement pics!   Wow you are so photogenic yourself and the 2 of you look great together.  Wow i really love them!  You must be pleased.  How are you going to use them? (If anything special besides framing.)

We have our invitations done and sending out on Monday. My really sad news is that my wedding dress came in and doesn't fit :( It is a combination of the store suggesting a dress that was an inch too small for my waist and then me gaining weight this year. ( UGH!!!!)  At first I felt hopeless but now I actually feel okay about it though, because a seamstress is letting out a little bit and then as far as closing the gap at my waist, now it's my job to eat low carb and exercise a lot.  Wish me luck!!!  We both want to do it for the wedding and our health anyway but now it is imperative. I guess if things don't go well I will have to ask a seamstress for an alteration miracle. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.   

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 11:31 AM Go to message in response to: jennyinnc

Jenny, thanks I really love my pics too, but believe me when I say I am not photogenic. You should see the pics I didn’t post, one eye open the other closed, double chins (that I don’t even have)..lol. Anyways I’m going to make a guest book with the pics. I started putting it together (online) last night ad its looking really good so far.

Anyways I’m sorry to hear about your dress. I’m sure they you will be able to make it work.

tips- 1-fabrice do stretch out, think about your freshly washed jeans when you first put them on, by the afternoon their are most likely a lot looser. So trying on your dress a few times (I don’t mean wear it and clean house) might loosen it up.2-eat low sodium foods, so you don’t hold watter.3- make sure you are getting enough fiber, it helps you digest your food better.

So I found a lady that is going to make my BM dresses. She’s only charging $100 for each (that’s such a good price), and she wants all the girls to be in there by this Saturday to get measured or she won’t be able to have them done in time. but I cant get a hold of my MOH her cell is always off, she doesn’t have the internet, the number she gave me for her FH is a bad number, and I don’t even know where she live. So its not looking like she’s going to be in my wedding after all.   

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 11:25 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Hey how has everyone been? Well I’m finally 1/2 ways done with my stupid invitations... My dress came in last week. My mom has picked a date for my shower (that I really don’t want to have). I keep forgetting to schedule our first dance lesson. My BMs won't pick out their shoes (and they need them for there first fitting). My MOH and I have been playing phone tag for 2 1/2 weeks. FMIL won't pick out her dress. My mom keeps changing her mind about her dress. O and did I mention I’m only 1/2 ways done with invitations? I have had the hardest time getting the stupid things to print. I spent 3 days trying to get the RSVP cards to print. the fist 2 days the stupid cards were just coming out of the printer bank and finally last night I got them to print but they keep printing in a light gray (this is odd because it should have printed in burgundy) but I just printed them in the gray because I was fed up with it. I hope everyone will be able to read them ok.Well that’s my life, I hope everything is better with you all.

mscindy813 Posts : 102 Registered: 9/3/07
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 11:22 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Nov22:  Sorry to hear about the printing problems!  I don't want to rub salt in the wound, but my invites are ready to be mailed on Tuesday.  Tuesday is my day off so I'll be taking them to the post office to be "hand canceled."  You'll get them done.  Just remember to be patient and try not to stress over the little things.  I couldn't.  I am OCD to begin with so for me, I felt like I was checking and rechecking and still rechecking the names and addresses over and over to make sure everything was OK and I'm still not confident.  That's just my anxiety taking over that NO ONE will receive their invitations!  But I know that every one received their STD's a while back and I used the same exact list and FH and I even verified everything together, so it's out of my hands haha

Apparently, tomorrow is my "surprise" shower, though my MOH did tell me this week that my FH will be taking me somewhere tomorrow morning at 11am (wink, wink) So I'm pretty excited about that  I kept stressing that I didn't want any fuss, but I have to let that go and accept that if people wanted to do this for me, they wanted to.  I feel bad because I never registered because I wasn't planning on having a shower and since we have a house, we truly don't need anything.  I have plenty of extra towels, have no more room in my cabinets for more pots or pans, so I just feel bad for anyone who may have asked if I'm registered.  Oh well!

I go for my 1st gown fitting on Monday, the 15h.  My mom has her gown and my FMIL will be getting hers soon, so I'm not worried about that.  Last week, we finished up our sessions with our pastor so now we'll just e-mail back and forth the program details to make sure everything is listed correctly, etc.  Pretty much it.  Can't believe it's coming up so soon!

Hang in there Smile

jennyinnc Posts : 21 Registered: 11/23/07
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 11:28 AM Go to message in response to: mscindy813

cindy, i just was wondering... maybe it's a lingerie shower??????? ;-) have fun!

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 1:45 PM Go to message in response to: mscindy813

Well I got more of my invitations printed lastnight but I’m still not done I’m trying to work on them a little ever night. I just found out the FSIL hates the BM dress I pick because she cant wear a bra (she thinks her boob are to small) so I’m going to offer to buy her extra padding the next time I see her, I hope that will make her feel better about the dress.  FMIL and my mom are sill driving my crazy about their dresses I’ve gotten 16 emails this morning from the two of them about their dresses and I’ve only been at work for 2 1/2 hours. gggrrrr

Cindy have fun at your shower!!!!

BrandNewAmy Posts : 341 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 5:43 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Hi ladies!  I just wanted to post that I got my invitations in the mail on Tuesday and we received our first response card back yesterday!  Yay!  So I guess that means it's official, huh?  Can't back out now or anything?  ;-)

This month FH and I have to get our favors done (CD), and we have to finalize our menu, reserve our rehearsal luncheon place, and figure out what the hell to give our attendants as gifts.  We have wracked our admittedly feeble brains and have come up with...nothing.  Nada.  We had the fun idea of getting everyone a cool cowboy hat (since they're all coming to Texas), but we decided that there was no way we'd be able to figure out everyone's hat size.  I didn't even know there were hat sizes!  So we're back to the usual types of gifts:  flasks, glasses, blah blah.

Anybody have any suggestions?  Our bridal party is all older -- the youngest is 40 (not including the RB and FG of course) and they're VERY close friends or family members.  So cookie cutter really doesn't cut it.

Help!

NewAmy

P.S.  I hired my photographer to do a trash the dress session about a month after the wedding!  I think I'm more excited about that than the wedding itself, seriously.  I'm going to go for a walk in the park near my house with my dog, photographer in tow.  There are a few really great photo opps there.  I'm going to surprise FH with a photo of his two best girls for Christmas. ;-)

Check out our web site:  http://amyandrodney.wedquarters.com/ 

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 12:41 PM Go to message in response to: BrandNewAmy

Amy- I was thinking about getting my BM and GM (the ones with kids) those digital picture keychain, I thought that would be cute. Also I was thinking about paying for manicures for the BM or jewelry to go with their dresses. I’m still not sure also. For your trash the dress are your really going to trash it or just get it a little dirty? I would love to do a trash the dress but I’m way to in love with dress #2 to get it dirty.

Will I’m almost done with my invitations I worked on them Friday evening and most of Sunday. I just need to print out 100 maps (that need to be hand fees in the printer 1 by 1) and address the envelopes (I’m printing them out)... I can't wait to be done.

Also this weekend me and FH went house hunting and we put in an offer. I’m so nerves I haven’t slept in 2 days. I really think I have bitten of way more then I can handle... the wedding and now a house... at least I’m done with school for the time being.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 9:14 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Hey all!  Hopefully everyone is doing well!  I'm happy to report that yesterday, my invitations went in the mail.. well, I brought them to the post office and the nice man started hand canceling them right away, so hopefully everyone will start receiving them soon!

My bridal shower was this past Saturday and it was great!  It was planned by my MOH, my mom and my FMIL.  They've been busy planning for months.  I had a heads-up, but I was very surprised at how many people were there.  Basically, every woman who's comng to the wedding made it.  Even distant family who lives about 100 miles away, which was very special.  Though I never registered, I received a lot of great gifts and gift cards.  The "theme" was so cute.. bridal gown theme.  The invitations were a bridal gown and the favors were "Cindy's Shower Gel" which had a bridal gown on them.  Also, little bridal gown candy bags filled with personalized M&M's and my FMIL's homemade chocolates!  So I found the cutest Thank You cards that coordinated with the invitations!

Just waiting now til Monday to go for my 1st fitting. 

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 11:56 AM Go to message in response to: mscindy813

cindy- i'm glad to hear that you had fun at your shower... your theme sounds kinda like mine, heres a link to the suplies my mom bought. http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&tabOn=products&categoryId=123173&CatIDsList=121054;123172;123173

well im finally done printing my stupid invitaions, now all i need to do is address them, i cant wait to be done...

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 1:17 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Very cute!!  Mine were more of a pink and white whimsical bridal gown on a hanger.  And the little bridal gown candy bags look like little sachet bags which are adorable.  I really don't have any pictures to upload since I'm at work.  Good going on the invites!

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 3:26 PM Go to message in response to: mscindy813

That sound cute, post pics when you get a chance... I’m not dot care much for pink and that’s they we went for this set...

O my gosh!!! I’m so over whelmed. Saturday we went house hunting, Sunday we make any offer and today it was accepted. We need to tell them by tomorrow if we accept their counter offer. This is moving way to fast. If we take the offer we can move in October 11, the day of my shower so that means FH and his brother will be doing the 100 mile move by themselves. I am so freaking out right now.

BrandNewAmy Posts : 341 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 9:35 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Nov22 -- deep breaths, honey.  Yes, things are nutso, but that's how wedding time always is.  When it rains, it pours!  :-)

That's so exciting about the house.  Have you decided to accept the counter-offer?  If not, remember that there are a gazillion houses out there that are perfect for you; you just have to play the waiting game until they come along.  If you've decided to go for it, well, you can always do a lot of the moving on October 12.  Because showers take precedence over moving, of course! lol

Well, I do menu cards this weekend and come hell or high water (literally -- Ike is closing in on Texas), we WILL get at least some of our favors done.  That's a huge project, and FH is mostly in charge of it, so I've gotta get on his butt and make it happen.  He still thinks there's all this time in the world to get everything done!  Men...

Like my new ticker?  Finally got one to work.  Our honeymoon is going to be in New Mexico -- Taos and Santa Fe. 

Cheers everybody -- we're all at the two month mark or less now!

Amy

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine