Unusual Circumstances-Engagement Party Help!

Online Users: 1,251 guest(s), 4 user(s). Replies: 5

MrsCole Posts : 9 Registered: 2/23/08
Unusual Circumstances-Engagement Party Help!
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 3:01 AM

Me and my hubby-to-be want our marriage and our school to co-exist, so, as you may have noticed in my signature, we've got 2 years before the actual date of our blessed event. The problem? He wants to propose to me this year because we're both very excited about finally deciding to move ahead and want to shout it to the world xD But...Since we're not getting married until after we're out of junior college and ready to go into university, we'll technically be engaged for a little over a year. So, I'm wondering, what am I supossed to do about an engagement party? Should we throw it when we get engaged or wait until it's a little closer to the wedding? Any help on this will be muchly appreciated~Thanks ladies!

::What love has brought together let no man (or mother-in-law) tear apart::

When is my wedding

cristine Posts : 45 Registered: 7/5/07
Re: Unusual Circumstances-Engagement Party Help!
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 6:15 AM Go to message in response to: MrsCole

We got engaged in Oct '06 and will be married June '08.  We waited to have the engagement party until June '07.  This way it was nice out and could be a more casual bbq by the pool.  I think you can do it however you want.  

KirklandSmith Posts : 9 Registered: 11/21/07
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 11:52 AM Go to message in response to: MrsCole

well.. im not having one... i feel like its juss an excuse to get more presents...  instead...... me and fh are gonna have a marriage shower.... were its all of us  somewhere ( havent descided where yet).. and we are gonna eat.. and then have presents ( if anyone bought anything)
`*To be Mrs. Smith*`

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCole

We didn't have a party until 2 days before our wedding.  If you really want one, have it whenever you want.

OnigiriArmy Posts : 168 Registered: 6/7/07
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCole

An engagement party is not like a shower. It's not really about the gifts. it's about getting everyone together for a party to announce your intentions, so don't worry about looking gift grabby.

On that note, have the party whenever the best time to have a party would be. There's nothing wrong with announcing your engagement 2 years in advance by having a party, but there's nothing wrong with waiting to formally announce it either.

Have fun!

Our webpage: http://www.mywedding.com/brentandkristen

2bMrsRichardson Posts : 4 Registered: 7/11/07
Posted: Mar 9, 2008 9:46 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCole

Dont feel bad about letting the world know. You can verbally announce it and have the party later.

.....and its not about the gifts. its a time for both families to come together to celebrate your union. If people buy gifts that great!!..if not, its ok because you'll get plenty during your other showers and parties.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine