I spoiled my surprise...UPDATE!

Online Users: 1,298 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 42

JAllen Posts : 793 Registered: 9/1/06
Re: I spoiled my surprise...
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 9:32 PM Go to message in response to: bri88

That is so awsome!  Congrates and welcome to the officially engaged club! haha  Soooooo, lets see the BLING!!!

http://www.mywedding.com/vanceandjammie/

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 9:38 PM Go to message in response to: JAllen

Congrats!  That's so adorable.  :)  I'm glad you didn't actually spoil your surprise.

-Ness

Oh baby don't it feel like Heaven right now? Don't it feel like something from a dream? - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 10:09 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

quoteEven when you expect it, you don't.  I was still completely floored and thinking, "Is this really happening!?!" [/quote]

That is SOOOO true. Congrats and I'm glad you were surprised anyway! 

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

R&R: June 21, 2008

bri88 Posts : 17 Registered: 1/29/08
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 1:53 AM Go to message in response to: JAllen

Thanks I am so excited! Ok here is the ring. It is like twice the size that I was expecting, and I LOVE it. This is my first time posting pictures so hopefully it will work!

Message was edited by: bri88 Message was edited by: bri88

Message was edited by: bri88

luvmygemini Posts : 737 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 12:53 PM Go to message in response to: bri88

Congrats! glad to hear he really surprised you after all! very nice E-ring he has great taste!!! I wish you the best...now the fun stuff begins planning the weddingSmile

RMB0414 Posts : 1,386 Registered: 8/2/06
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 12:59 PM Go to message in response to: bri88

Congratulations Bri!!!  That is so sweet - I love hearing all the different ways our men pop the question!!  I knew mine was coming as well, and had a feeling when he was setting up my easter egg hunt lol - the first egg I found he screamed at me and told me I had to pick that one last!  It was like it was calling out to me "find me, find me!" - so by then I knew what was going on.  But just like someone else said - it is still so exciting when it's happening because you can't believe it really is!

Your ring is beautiful too - I love it!!  Do you have any plans for anything yet?

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

FutureMrsSherriff Posts : 17 Registered: 11/26/07
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: bri88

beautiful ring!! and congrats!! that sounded really cute..

i didn't so much spoil the surprise... i was SHOCKED. I had been talkin gabout wanting to get married foreever, and he always had a reason why we weren't ready yet... right up until the minute he proposed! 

we were downtown toronto, walking around at the botto of the cn tower, and i was buggin him about getting engaged, and he was like, "Cari, just wait another year or so, so that i can finish paying off my student debts" (he's still paying them off) ... so it was a legit reason... but then I was like oooh alright, and was looking up at the cn tower, because it was all lit up beautifully with lights, and we were standing on the gazebo at the bottom, which was also lit up, and then i turned to look at him, and he was on one knee... and i was like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, GET UP!!!" and he was like no just a second, i'm serious...

so i didn't necessarily ruin my surprise, but i sort of ruined the moment!! haha 

DaisypathWedding Ticker

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: bri88

I'm blinded!! What a NICE ring!

Get used to the first picture you posed... you're going to be doing that ALOT from now on!

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

R&R: June 21, 2008

JAllen Posts : 793 Registered: 9/1/06
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 1:57 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

Your ring is sooo pretty!!  The vintage style seems to be pretty popular right now!  Its lovely!  And yes, prepare for hand cramps from fanning out your fingers gazing at your ring so much! haha  Congrates!!!

http://www.mywedding.com/vanceandjammie/

JayJ Posts : 1,080 Registered: 4/22/07
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 2:11 PM Go to message in response to: bri88

oh my gosh, that is so cute! it's awesome that he still managed to totally surprize you, too. congrats Bri! :D

www.MattAndJesy.com <3           http://llama.jjammies*

marty08 Posts : 1,110 Registered: 7/1/07
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 2:11 PM Go to message in response to: bri88

That is soooo sweet what he did!!....I agree with the others...ouch..hand cramps...when I picked up my ring the 3rd time of having it resized....I almost got in a wreck because I was making it sparkle in the sun!!

That is one hell-uv-a gorgeous ring!!...CONGRATS!!

bri88 Posts : 17 Registered: 1/29/08
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 2:26 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

We haven't really planned anything yet. I am still basking in the glow of being newly engaged. I am actually a wedding and event planner (but still kinda starting out), so everything should come together pretty quick once I actually start working on it. I know pretty much everything that I want, but I haven't got in contact with anyone about availability. We haven't even picked a date yet! It's really weird, most of my clients already have dates when they hire me, so I never deal with that, and I admit I am a little lost when it comes to that! Anyways, thanks for all your support, and I am sure I will be on here alot in the months to come!

bridesrocks Posts : 478 Registered: 9/25/07
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: bri88

Congrats to you girl!!!  That was so sweet of him!
Until I marry my Rockstar!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine