Buying Rings Online

Online Users: 1,322 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 16

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Re: Buying Rings Online
Posted: May 7, 2008 1:12 PM Go to message in response to: DocsGyrl402

We're in California and my husband bought my rings (e-ring and matching band - Jeff Cooper Designs) from Security Jewelers in Michigan.   He said they were wonderful to work with.   I think if you're going to buy online, you should go with a reputable company.

http://www.securityjewelers.com/index.php

I should add that the jeweler supplied my husband with all of the details (4 C's) of my center stone before he purchased it.  I believe he saw the GIA report before purchasing it.  If the jeweler cannot do this, don't buy from them.

Daisypath Ticker

Message was edited by: CaribbeanBride08

Del3 Posts : 113 Registered: 11/1/06
Re: Buying Rings Online
Posted: May 8, 2008 6:47 PM Go to message in response to: DocsGyrl402

Hey I hope this works my last reply just disappeared.

My FI and I split from buying online and using a jeweler.  He bought a loose diamond from Blue Nile.  Perfect for him because they let you search by the four c's and other characteristics.  And he loves researching.

Then I saw a ring that I like from a site called ringdesigner.com.  But the site seemed a little fishy.  So my FI took a picture of that ring to a local jeweler (NOT a chain, most of them won't set loose stones) and the jeweler custom made the ring and set the stone.  The price was actually less than ringdesigner sold the ring for.

I would really recommend Blue Nile though. Their pre-set ring selection is very traditional, however.  So if that's what you like they'll have it but they don't have really unique pieces.  With any e-ring there you can choose any diamond in their database, so you get to pick the diamond that fits your budget.  My FI has bought pre-set jewelry from there for me and I have really like that as well.  They have nice customer service and an unconditional 30 day return policy.

Buying a diamond online we saved about $1500 for the size and quality of diamond we wanted which put it in our budget.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine