Sophia Tolli Dresses

Online Users: 1,230 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10
Sophia Tolli Dresses
Posted: Jan 31, 2008 4:29 PM

hello and congrats to everyone! i have fallen in love w/ sophia tolli's dress 'audrey #y2700' and am trying to find the best price i can. all the stores in fl have quoted the dress at $1375 and that's out of my price range. if anyone knows of any store anywhere in the usa that sells it for cheaper, i will be forever grateful! my wedding is still a year away, so i have time, but i don't want to give up hope that i can wear this one! thanks ladies!

MissyF Posts : 275 Registered: 9/23/07
Re: Sophia Tolli Dresses
Posted: Feb 1, 2008 12:07 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey, I got my Sophia Tolli gown at Treasures Formals and Bridal in Roswell, Georgia. I got one of the cheaper gowns, and I'm pretty sure that they don't usually stock gowns much higher than $1000, but they're more than willing to order a gown for you just to try on, with no obligation to buy. I would call them and ask their price, but don't be surprised if it's not a whole lot less than what you've heard..... I think that's just one of the more expensive dresses in the line. Good luck! Sophia gowns are GORGEOUS!
Woman to my man. Slave to my budget.

Posted: Feb 1, 2008 7:03 AM Go to message in response to: MissyF

thanks so much! i'll give them a try. every little bit helps!

Posted: Feb 1, 2008 9:34 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I got mine at The Wedding Shoppe in St. Paul, MN.  I drove up from Kansas City, and was not disappointed.  I saved in three ways:

1)  The shop was having a Sophia Tolli trunk show the weekend I went. 

2)  I tried on the gown at a different shop in town earlier in the day (a place called Heartstrings Bridal) but went to the other shop in an attempt to bargain.  I told The Wedding Shoppe what Heartstrings had quoted me.  Of course they would want to offer a better price to beat their competiton, but it was even easier than that.  The Wedding Shoppe wasn't carrying a sample of my gown.  At that shop, if you buy a gown without trying on a sample, they give a 20% discount. 

3) There is no sales tax on apparel in Minnesota. YES!

I see you're in Florida, so the shop in Georgia might be a bit more convenient for you.  Good luck finding a deal on the dress of your dreams!

Posted: Feb 1, 2008 1:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

thanks! that's some good info. i'm glad you got your dress for such a great price, too! i actually have some friends in MN, so I could always go for a visit and also pick up my dress while I'm there! I'll call them to see if they can give me a deal. and i'll make sure to not try on the dress so i can get that discount!

Posted: Feb 1, 2008 1:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ah, just to clarify, they only give the discount if they don't CARRY a sample.  So you should cross your fingers that they don't have it in the store!

Posted: Feb 1, 2008 2:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

oh ok, well hopefully i'll luck out! thanks again

MarryinginSoCal Posts : 7 Registered: 9/25/07
Posted: Feb 9, 2008 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi! I ordered the same dress and just to let you know, I ended up paying way more than what you were quoted.  Not that it changes anything for you, but man, I wish I had paid your price!!!

I'm so happy with the dress, though. I must have tried 25+ gowns and this one was the only one that really made me feel special.  Funny how that works!  

Good luck! 

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 4:16 PM Go to message in response to: MarryinginSoCal

aww, really? that's not good. did you buy it when it first came out? they must have been charging more then. =( not fair! and how long did it take for the dress to come in? 

XYZ1 Posts : 367 Registered: 1/7/08
Posted: Feb 10, 2008 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Bestbridalprices.com carries Sophia Tolli (although the page doesn't seem to be working right now). I would give them a call and see if they carry your gown.  Good luck!!

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 11:26 PM Go to message in response to: XYZ1

yeah, i already called them and it wasn't good. =( they said even though the dress is on the "Sale" page, they didn't mean that dress was on sale, but i could get a ton of other crap for a discount. i tried to argue w/ them and said that's false ad. b/c there's nothing that says this page is for junk, it specifically says the dress is on sale just like the others, but they refused to sell it for less than $1375. i'm still looking..... thanks though! my best bet so far is the MN shop, so i'm sure i'll be buying it from them, but i'm still hoping someone else has it for a little less. the wedding is still a ways off, so i'm not down to the wire yet. i've probably got another month before i need to order it.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine