ATKINS!!

Online Users: 1,349 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 7
ATKINS!!
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 12:19 PM

I started Atkins last Monday...i have lost 9 pounds in one week. Is anybody else doing Atkins??

G

MrsMaldonado Posts : 2,852 Registered: 3/7/07
Re: ATKINS!!
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 12:31 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That is a lot of weight to lose in just 1 week....I heard it was safe to lose up to 2lbs in 1 week. Be careful.
*Emy*

Bryan & Emy
October 4, 2008
Bride & Groom
www.mywedding.com/BryanAndMariaEmanuelasWedding

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 12:43 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMaldonado

I know it is a lot, with most diets the first week is usually water weight. I'm sure it will slow down. My fiance has lost 16 pounds in 3 weeks. I want to lose about 20 more and i will be happy!

Soon2BSenora Posts : 1 Registered: 2/11/08
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 10:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think a much safer bet if you want to be healthy in your dieting and actually keep the weight off afterwards is to do it the traditional way--by exercising and eating a balanced, low-calorie diet.

this diet is really unsafe because, while Dr. Atkins swore up and down your cholesterol won't go up and all of that, it will really mess you up.  Did you know he died of heart disease?

Also, to be completely realistic here, this diet is not sustainable.  Dr. Atkins tells you this is a diet for life, but you can't keep it up when most foods are carbohydrate-rich.  You'll definitely get tired of eating the same things all the time.

And then when you do inevitably get off the diet, you gain everything back and very likely more!  I know this from experience--I tried the diet myself when I was in high school and lost like 15lbs, and when I got tired of it, I gained 25.  My major in college is Nutrition and Dietetics, and by just following what I've learned, I've been steadily losing all of that with no problem, and I get to enjoy any food I want.

We just have to face it... there's no good quick fix for losing weight.  Our major problem as a society is portion sizes--my biggest advice is to just eat less at a time.  Eat until you're satisfied, not full, and save the rest for later.

Just a little friendly advice... good luck with your goals and with the wedding!!!  :)

Soon2BSenora

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 5:49 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BSenora

Thanks for your concerns but this is what is working for me at this time. Eventually i will be increasing carb intake and adding in whole wheats and lower carb breads and things like that.

I am not looking for a super quick fix! I have tried several diets and this is the one that i see results a little more quicker. I hate counting calories and points and all that other crap.

I thought Dr. Atkins died from falling and hitting his head? Maybe i'm wrong.

Thanks for replying!!

Posted: Mar 16, 2008 12:36 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Atkins died from falling and hitting his head and he never recovered from it. I did Atkins 5 years ago, lost 120 pounds and have kept it off. Everyone has to do what is right for them.

If any of these diet "experts" would read the book, they'd know that part of Atkins is to eat vegetables as if you've lost your mind. In fact, Atkins, himself said that if you stay in the first two weeks of the diet where all you can eat is meat, cheese and lettuce, (basically), you're cheating yourself. It's true.

I lost the bulk of my weight after I started to incorporate Atkins compliant vegetables. These starchy foods, on the other hand, were what was making me put on weight. I also HAD high blood pressure. Now, I don't. The ketogenic way of eating has been proven safe and effective long before anyone knew about low calories, (which technically is the worse thing you can do for your body. Low calories? When your intake falls below your BMR AND you're burning 500-700 calories each day through exercise, how are you going to keep functioning?) Anyway, I say keep doing what's best for you.  

Lovefest08 Posts : 34 Registered: 11/23/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 1:07 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

So, I'm curious... how is it going? Are you still on Atkins? Have you seen more results?

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 1:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 3132 is just $359.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine