Does anyone wear their hair down?

Online Users: 1,305 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11
Does anyone wear their hair down?
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 8:41 PM

Im pretty sure i want to wear my hair down with a flower.  So i sent it to a friend and she said no, noone wears their hair down.  Does it really look that bad?  Heres a pic, dont mind the no makeup lol.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/Prinycesa07/myhairr.jpg

Thanks all.

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."

Love2u Posts : 1,661 Registered: 10/24/07
Re: Does anyone wear their hair down?
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 8:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am wearing my hear down, and I think you look beautiful!  I think alot of it has to do with the formality of the wedding, but even in formal weddings, I've seen lots of brides with half-updo's.
Love2uKiss

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 8:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm sorry my computer is not allowing me to see your picture.  I wore my hair down and it was fine.  Do what makes you feel most comfortable.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

MelissaJuneBrid... Posts : 698 Registered: 3/13/07
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 11:50 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

My friend wore her hair down and it looked really nice. You have to do what is most comfortable for you. I really don't think there's a "rule" to this.

MelissaSmile

Wunderbride Posts : 41 Registered: 1/17/08
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 12:28 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'll be honest, I don't believe that that haird style is elegant enough for a wedding however I do believe that having your hair down is wonderful!  You just need to find the right style for you. I plan on having my hair down.  To me it makes a bride more beautful. Don't let your friend convice you that brides are only to have their hair up because its not true.  Its just a matter of finding the right style Laughing Hope I've helped.
I'd rather die like Christ than live unholy.

Kayla04 Posts : 72 Registered: 11/15/06
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 10:40 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I wore my hair down for my wedding with some curls and everyone loved it.  I am not a person who loves to get dolled up but it was still nice for the wedding. I am going to be in my friedns wedding in April and have decided to wear my hair down.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;96/st/20080303/e/Our+Anniversary/k/cb8c/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 10:47 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Unfortunately, I couldn't see your picture for some reason :-(

However, I think it's fine to wear your hair down, as long as it is dressed up a bit (curled, decorative hair pieces/barrettes.. etc.). I plan on wearing mine half up/half down & very curly.

~ STEPHEN & MELISSA - DECEMBER 27, 2008 ~

When is my wedding

Retired Posts : 808 Registered: 4/17/06
Posted: Apr 20, 2008 6:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Here's the way I see it: look through classical paintings and you'll find all the hairstyles are eithr down, or only half-up. It's a romantic look; look at the lades in Lord of the Rings. All of them look positively elegant and stunning, but their hair is down.

I'm wearing mine down. I look like a doofus with an updo. I hate my ears and I hate how my head looks with an updo. So go with what you're happy with, people wear their hair down at weddings all the time.

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 24, 2012 10:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

A-line Gold Halter Sweetheart Drape Beaded Open Back Prom Dress With Sweep Train
Save up to 16% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $168.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-halter-sweetheart-drape-beaded-open-back-prom-dress-with-sweep-train-p-31800.html

aley Posts : 16 Registered: 9/6/12
Posted: Sep 26, 2012 10:44 PM Go to message in response to: Kimberly212

most people say to not your hair down as it could turn out to be hot when you sweat and there is a slight possibility your hair night start itching

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Dec 5, 2012 7:36 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 1245 is just $379.99.

Uberoom1 Posts : 26 Registered: 12/10/12
Posted: Jan 4, 2013 12:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I wore my hair down, danced like a maniac for hours, and my hair still looked good at the end of the night. So if you want to wear your hair down do it :) its your day!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine