married with pics....sorry, it's long

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11

MrsBranch Posts : 97 Registered: 8/30/07
married with pics....sorry, it's long
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 11:35 AM

Well, it’s been about a month now.  The wedding was great, even though it wasn’t without drama.

To start with, my grandma had a mini-stroke the Tuesday before, and wasn’t released from the hospital until Friday.  She’s fine, but didn’t feel like coming to the wedding.  Then, on the Thursday before, DH’s grandma calls to say that his cousin (a groomsman) wouldn’t be able to come because of financial difficulties.  She came up with the solution to have DH’s uncle fill in.  They pick up the tux from the cousin who can’t come.  Problem solved, or so we think.  My programs were already printed, but what can you do?

Saturday was the rehearsal.  This is when my nervousness kicked in.  I couldn’t stop laughing, but we got through it.  Afterward, we had a nice dinner at the hotel where I work.  After the dinner, several of us met up in DH’s hotel suite to have a few drinks and play video games.  I left his room about 11:45pm, but couldn’t sleep once I got to my room.  I slept about 3 hours, but it was not a straight 3 hours.

Sunday, I got up about 6:30am to shower and get ready for hairdresser.  That took much longer than expected.  We actually had to leave my mom there (she had driven herself) to make it back to the hotel to meet the limo.  Did I mention it’s pouring down rain at this point?  The limo picked us up about 1pm.  We get to the site by 1:15 and get dressed and apply makeup.  There’s a funny picture of me somewhere wrapped in a tablecloth so I wouldn’t get makeup on my dress.  While getting dressed, DH calls to say there was a problem he will tell me about later, but not to worry because it’s fixed.  Of course, I demand to know.  His uncle didn’t check the tux before leaving Atlanta (we are in Kentucky), and only the jacket was in the bag, not the pants.  My SIL comes to rescue and calls After Hours to get a pair of pants.  It’s now 2:30, and we wait.  The photographer starts with boys then us.  About 3pm, I’m starving.  All I had to eat was half a doughnut.  My mom has to go to Burger King. 

Somewhere along the way, the wedding rings were lost.  I thought I would faint.  They were located about 20 minutes later.  They had been packed away in the boxes we were supposed to take home after the wedding.

The wedding itself started on time.  I was so nervous.  I don’t remember anything about how I got down the aisle.  I barely remember anything from the ceremony.  It’s all a blur.  I do recall thinking that the crowd looked pretty light.  (Later, I figured that of the 119 people who had said they would be there, 41 of them didn’t show. UGH!)

The reception was beautiful.  Our first dance was to Valentine by Jim Brickman and Martina McBride.  The DJ was fun.  The food was good, especially the hors d’oeuvres.  The centerpieces were gorgeous.  I was a little stressed by the empty or near empty tables caused by the smaller than expected turnout.

All in all, it was great.  If I had to do it over again, I would do everything exactly the same, except with my grandma there.

You can see the pics at:

www.kriechphoto.com/12.09.07

It's all the proofs, so there are over 300 of them.  Enjoy!

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
Re: married with pics....sorry, it's long
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 12:50 PM Go to message in response to: MrsBranch

I'm really sorry about your grandma, i'm glad she's feeling better. i love your pictures, you look amazing! i love #63 with you looking down, it's so pretty!

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 4:39 PM Go to message in response to: MrsBranch

Congrats! You guys look soooo happy!

Good luck, happy planning & happy wedding day

KitKatBar Posts : 983 Registered: 7/23/06
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: MrsBranch

I'm sorry about your grandma, but I'm glad she's doing better now. your pictures are beautiful, you looked so lovely! Congrats on your big day!

lmc07 Posts : 271 Registered: 1/4/07
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 8:32 AM Go to message in response to: MrsBranch

Congratulations on your beautiful wedding!! You look so happy together!  You looked gorgeous in your dress - and I love your delicate tatoo!!

I am sorry to hear what happened to your grandmother and I know how you have felt about it - my granny was not able to come either, due to some illness (she is 81). But she has already seen the photos and that made her very happy!! 

NewMrsSass Posts : 722 Registered: 12/31/06
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 9:17 AM Go to message in response to: MrsBranch

Congratulations!!! Enjoy your new DH!

MrsBranch Posts : 97 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 10:50 AM Go to message in response to: savex389

Thanks.  That's one of my favorites, too.

EvaMarieBride2B Posts : 36 Registered: 4/26/07
Posted: Feb 14, 2008 11:27 AM Go to message in response to: MrsBranch

Your pics came out gorgeous!

*EVA~*~ 

I'M MARRYING MY HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART ON OCTOBER 11, 2008! 

RoBelle Posts : 1,236 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Feb 14, 2008 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: EvaMarieBride2B

CONGRATULATIONS YOUR WERE A VERY BEAUTIFUL BRIDE AND YOU BOTH LOOK HAPPY!!!

lostinthemission Posts : 102 Registered: 3/19/08
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 12:31 AM Go to message in response to: MrsBranch

I don't know how you kep it all together. But, beautiful pics.

Future Mrs. Sweet

Belle1154 Posts : 235 Registered: 11/2/06
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 12:37 AM Go to message in response to: lostinthemission

congratulations!! you look lovely and i am glad your grandma is feeling better.

i have the same dress as you :-)  i love it! 

"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine..."

I marry my prince on April 19, 2008

http://weddings.partyspace.com/dianaallen

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 10:11 PM Go to message in response to: MrsBranch

Sheath Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Chiffon Wedding Dress Style Marion
Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine