fishing themed wedding reception

Online Users: 1,362 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5
fishing themed wedding reception
Posted: Jan 4, 2008 5:12 PM

Im doing a fishing themed wedding reception with the hooked on love theme! I have some ideas such as fish bowel centerpieces and fish themed cake but would like to hear some more if anyone has pics or info. let me know!Smile

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Re: fishing themed wedding reception
Posted: Jan 4, 2008 5:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

For favors for the guys you could use real fishing lures!  They'd love to be able to use the favor!  You could have small bowls with your wedding colors in those glass marbles on the bottom and put a betta fish or gold fish in them.  (Then give them away at the end of the wedding to the kids!) Fish-shaped soap favors for the ladies?  (now that I've bought all the stuff I see I bought too much and so my soap favors didn't cost as much as I thought!)

Just a few ideas off the top of my head, I'll have to look for more...

classysassysara Posts : 27 Registered: 4/13/06
Posted: Jan 4, 2008 11:05 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

What fun!  Keep in mind you don't have to be literal about the fish thing....just use the concept as a guide.  Natural greenery and other outdoorsy type items - branches, water, stones, etc - can add a lake or ocean feel.  Seashells, sand, etc.  Use items you might find on a boat / dock - such as heavy rope, netting.  I have lots of pictures if you need ideas. My only other piece of advice - no real fish....unless they are cooked and served with lemon (hehehehe).

- Sara at www.classysassyweddings.com

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 12:08 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

This would make a good cocktail or "signature" drink at your reception; I posted it for someone else earlier:

Blue Fin
Recipe created by Blue Fin, New York City
Serves 1

Blue Fin The best thing about this drink, created by Blue Fin in New York City, is it's fun garnish: Swedish fish.

INGREDIENTS

1 ounce Absolut Citron or other lemon-infused vodka
2 ounces Hypnotiq Liqueur (available online at www.smokerisebottle.com)
1/2 ounce white-cranberry juice
Swedish fish candy for garnish

In a shaker, combine 1 ounce Absolut Citron, or other lemon-infused vodka, 2 ounces Hypnotiq Liqueur, 1/2 ounce white-cranberry juice. Shake well and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a Swedish Fish candy.

Good luck!

Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it. - Song of Solomon 8:7

Sugarpuddin911 Posts : 50 Registered: 4/18/07
Posted: Jan 5, 2008 12:10 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

What kind of fishing are we talking, pound or lake fishing or ocean fishing? If it is the first you could use minnow buckets as containers for centerpieces.  If you have a ring bearer and it is a more casual wedding he could carry a old time fishing pole or cane type poll with the rings attached where a hook would be. I like the idea that someone else mentioned about fishing lures  as favors.

Could you give us more detail about what type of wedding you are having? 

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 10:04 PM Go to message in response to: Sugarpuddin911

You could name your tables after lakes, ponds, rivers, and streams in the area.

You could use long fishing poles to create an archway  when you enter the reception site. I'm thinking- find a way to stand them on the floor so they make a "tunnel" for you to walk through. You know you how the soldiers do it with their swords. Could be cute leading to the dance floor. IDK.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine