Best self-tanners/lotions?

Online Users: 1,273 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 13

daybug Posts : 159 Registered: 10/7/07
Best self-tanners/lotions?
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 3:58 AM

I am getting married in June and I want to have a nice tan, but I'm really trying hard to stay away from the tanning beds. They get so addicting and they're just not healthy. So....wondering if any of you have  a self tanner or tanning lotion that you swear by. What about ones that don't smell...the few I've tried all seem to stink so nasty!

Message was edited by: daybug

SoonToBeAWard Posts : 280 Registered: 5/22/06
Re: Best self-tanners/lotions?
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 4:21 AM Go to message in response to: daybug

Stay away from the tanning beds! I live in Australia so hopefully the ones that I am going to recommend are available in the US. 

Loreal - Sublime Bronze Air Brush Effect - Self Tanning Dry Mist (this is in an aersol can) The effect is great but you have to be careful not to overdo the application.

St Tropez Everyday - Daily Moisturiser Gradually Builds a Subtle Tan. I use the Medium to Dark. You can get it in Body and Face versions, although I use a small amount of the Body version on my face and it works fine. I have been using this the past month or so and I love it.

Hope this helps! Lisa x

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 9:19 AM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeAWard

ITA. Loreal sublime bronzer by far works the best for me.

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 9:27 AM Go to message in response to: daybug

I am half hispanic so I have a great "normal" skin tone, but sometimes we can all use a boost...so I use Neutrogena tanning mist...they have different shades and no worries about orange hands etc since it comes in an aerosol can and you just spray it on. The cost is about $11.00 USD

I will be using it before my wedding instead of "fake and bake" at the tanning bed (although it is so relaxing to me)

http://www.tickercentral.com"> border="0" src="http://www.tickercentral.com/view/984k/1.png">>

www.myspace.com/tysmyboo

kellysue Posts : 8 Registered: 1/7/08
Posted: Jan 13, 2008 12:21 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

South Seas Skin Care the leading airbrush tanning solutions company has come out with some new self-tanning products...most of my clients that don't opt for an airbrush tan choose to use the aerosol tahitian tan mist and the self tanner. Let me know if you need more details

Kelly Richardson

Owner, Sonoma Tanning

(707) 546-1452

krista210 Posts : 450 Registered: 7/14/07
Posted: Jan 31, 2008 3:11 PM Go to message in response to: daybug

I use Nivea and I will never use anything else until it is gone from the market (i hope that's never!!). It is really subtle and its a lotion so you apply it daily for a gradual tan. I like that it comes in two different shades depending on your original skin tone. And it doesnt smell bad at all. Both FH and I will use it before our wedding (we're both a couple of pale redheads!!)

08jada08 Posts : 165 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 9:33 PM Go to message in response to: daybug

I have recently checked into getting a spray tan at a shop here where I live. It is really cool because they have a person customize your color, you get 3 sessions for $100.00 and they last 7-10 days so I am going to go in about 3 weeks to try it out and then 2 weeks before the wedding and then 2 days before thats what they recommend, I am also getting married in June on the 14th.
May 17th I marry my soul mate.

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 4:15 PM Go to message in response to: 08jada08

I like Sea & Ski!!  Hard to find though =(

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: May 21, 2008 5:52 PM Go to message in response to: daybug

I've been using Jergen's Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer for Medium Skin Tones for about a week. It's a gradual tan and although I love the color and the shimmer it gives my skin, I wouldn't say it's great at giving my skin a darker color. I still have tan lines and will probably be using a spray a couple days before to hide them. But it smells great! Very sweet smelling!!! HTH!

Ms. Pinky

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;103/st/20080530/e/Our+Wedding/k/1da4/event.png[/img]
[/url]

scatterjoy Posts : 117 Registered: 9/27/06
Posted: May 21, 2008 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: daybug

I love the Dove Energy Glow Moisturizer with Subtle Self Tanner!

Brookitacita Posts : 59 Registered: 12/4/06
Posted: Jun 6, 2008 5:52 AM Go to message in response to: daybug

I've been doing Versa Spa -- it's a form of Mystic Tan. I love it. It takes about 60 seconds. You get in, it sprays, you change positions a couple of times, you get out. It gives you an even tan from head to toe that lasts about a week. Also, the tan is not spraying you with color. A lot of people think of it as "dying" your skin. It's actually a chemical that takes up to 12 hours to completely work that causes your skin to produce its own tan without UV damage. Because of this, you don't have to worry about being a funny color that doesn't match your skin tone or becoming darker than you would like. I love it! There is, however, an option to get bronzer or no bronzer, which means that the bronzer version does actually spray you with color as well. But it's simply a cosmetic just like the bronzers we buy for our faces and it washes off. They put that option in there for people that want to see immediate results, so you can tell exactly what got sprayed. It can be nice because you can tell if your tan is even right away. I have noticed, that sometimes my face is slightly speckly when I get the bronzer (I think because it goes on over my makeup which I usually don't remove) but it evens out after about an hour and the finished product has never been speckly at all. I get it done at California Sun Center, and it's $25 to get just one, and if you buy a package it's cheaper. The cheapest package (which I bought) is 10 tans for $15 each. When you think about how much you spend on hair (cuts, highlights, etc.) and makeup, $15 each really isn't that much to treat skin that covers your entire body. It's well worth it to me.

dryden5 Posts : 330 Registered: 2/4/08
Posted: Nov 8, 2008 3:33 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

I think I wanna try Jerge's for our wedding I shouldn't have any tanlines to cover.  Will it be enough of a notice or not worth it?
myspace wedding countdown

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 3:25 AM Go to message in response to: daybug

Pronovias Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-pronovias-c-420_473.html

christy1985 Posts : 1 Registered: 11/16/12
Posted: Nov 16, 2012 10:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

are you still able to find it? i have been looking everywhere!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine