Chartreuse - What colors to use with it/Is it a fall only color?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12
Chartreuse - What colors to use with it/Is it a fall only color?
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 7:07 PM

I really want to use chartreuse and brown (or a lighter neutral color) for my wedding colors, but our exact date has yet to be set.  So many places have mentioned that color combination as a fall color.  Why can't it be used in other seasons?

I really want to use granny smith apples or pears in my centerpieces.  I will also be using hydrangeas (antique and green), gardenias, peonies and a few cymbidium orchids in my wedding/reception.

I really want a rustic, elegant outdoor wedding.

I'll be bummed if I can't use the colors I want.

What do you think?  Is that color combination for fall only?  What other colors would go good with chartreuse (very similar to a granny smith apple)?

Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it. - Song of Solomon 8:7

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Re: Chartreuse - What colors to use with it/Is it a fall only color?
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 7:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think your color combination is lovely and can be used for any season.  Check out this bio on the knot for lots of pictures of the charteuse/brown colors with a rustic theme.  

http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/user/page.aspx?username=NPwedding

Good Luck!

-Janice 

Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 7:19 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Wow, thank you, Janice!

That site is almost exactly what I want.  I think it's so elegant.

I bookmarked it - it's even where I'm getting married (Northern California)!

Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it. - Song of Solomon 8:7

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 7:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am glad you like it.  I loved it too.  I used her bouquet as an example for my florist, except I had burnt orange instead of green.

:)

Where in Northren CA are you getting married?  I was married in Napa back in October.  Its beautiful up there!

-Janice 

Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 7:45 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

We havent really decided where we're getting married.  I've looked at a few venues, but nothing has been exactly what I'm looking for.  I'd love to find an old rustic barn (with facilities VERY close by) and use that for the ceremony then have the reception outside afterwards.

Right now, we're a bi-coastal couple.  I'm in Metro Atlanta and he is in Contra Costa county (Antioch area).

Northern California has the most amazing views.  I know I'm going to LOVE living there.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 5:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Barns I can help with too.  Cornerstone Gardens in Sonoma has a barn... See bio:

http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/user/default.aspx?UserName=BarnHunter

Also BarnDiva is pretty popular. http://www.barndiva.com/events.htm

I would love to live in Northern CA, except for the cost of living.  I love wine country and wish we could live there, but oh well!

-Janice 

Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 8:40 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

WOW!  Thanks so much!

I love the Cornerstone Gardens barn because it's small and intimate.  We're planning to have just about 50 people there, so it would be perfect for the ceremony AND the reception.

Although, BarnDiva's menus are very original and so tempting. 

I'll have to check out both places when I'm on that coast again.

Ugh, long distance planning sure is a pain.

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I did my planning long distance too.  And it definitely is a pain!  We made 2 weekend trips up to Napa for tastings and stuff, but most of it was handled by email and phone.  It was like a second full-time job some days. :)

Not sure if you would be interested but I would highly recommend my photographer, Day of Coordinator, my hair/makeup lady and my florist.  All four were amazing!! 

Lush Floral   www.lushfloral.com

Loic Nicolas   www.loicphoto.com

Traci Steuteville  www.napavalleycelebrations.com

Lisa Zomer  www.lisazomer.com/brides

If there are any other vendors you want recommendations on, let me know, I can pull out my planning binder and forward you my research.  :)

Good Luck!

-Janice 

Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 7:43 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Janice,

Wow, things sure get hectic over the holidays.  I got a bit off track in planning, but I'm back on the ball again now.

I found this small place ( http://www.sfwedding.org/ ) and I love it. I requested more information from them today - hopefully they will mail it soon.

Thanks so much for giving me some of your vendor information.  I'm really excited about your makeup/hair lady - I'm definitely going to contact her.  I also plan on contacting your florist when I am back in the SF Bay area.

What did you do for music? I would love to have an acoustic guitarist to accompany another stringed instrument for our ceremony.  I'd also like a DJ or band to play for a portion of the reception when the guitarist isnt performing (ideally, he would be a good vocalist, too!).

As for catering - I'm not sure what I will do, yet.  I am leaning towards a more organic menu and it's looking like it will be quite expensive and difficult to find someone with a menu of items I'll actually eat. LOL

Any info you can pass along, I would LOVE to have.

Oh, what did you do for transportation arriving/leaving the wedding and reception? I was thinking of an old classic car - something VERY classy.  Any ideas?

Posted: Dec 29, 2007 12:02 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi Vague!  I am in PA for the holidays and my planning info is at home in TX.  But for music, I used the organist through the church and the church coordinator tracked down a vocalist to lead our gathering hymn and to sing during the unity candle lighting.  But, I have a ton of vendor lists at home from the venues I visted that have DJs listed.  I will gather them together and post a list for you.  We didn't hire a DJ or anything for our reception since the restaurant had nice overhead soft jazz playing during dinner.  We used an ipod for our dances and the overhead jazz the rest of the evening. 

Try the Girl and the Fig for catering.  I think they might be along the lines of what you are looking for.  But yes, catering isn't cheap in the Bay Area!  I will post more from my lists when I get home. That's the only one that comes to mind off the top of my head.

We used Super City Limo for our wine tour.  I was very happy with them.  They are pretty no name, but I got a great deal (6 hrs, 20 pass stretched hummer - $1000).   There is a classic car place too, but I will need to find their info when I get home.

Lisa is a doll.  She was one of my favorite people I met throughout the planning process.  I keep meaning to send her a note with some pro-pics for her website too.  

I will touchbase again when I get home next week.  Good luck!!

Happy Holidays!!

-Janice 

Daisypath Ticker

ashley88 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/20/08
Posted: May 20, 2008 4:11 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

I am thinking about having Traci as my planner as well. Tell me what your experience was with her.

Posted: May 20, 2008 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: ashley88

Traci was great!  I would recommend her in a heartbeat.  I hired her for just the day of coordination at my reception since the church already had a coordinator.  She was wonderful, handled everything at the restaurant, got the rooms setup, everything was perfect!  Plus she's very sweet, easy to get a hold of, and knowledgeable.

Good Luck with your decision!

Janice 

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

MrsBirchJr Posts : 28 Registered: 3/4/08
Posted: May 23, 2008 10:49 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Vague, I am using chartreuse and turquoise are my accents colors with black and white for my August wedding.  All of the decor is going to be turquoise with chartreuse flowers such as orchaids, spider mums and pom pom.  I saw an arrangement

http://www.teleflora.com/product.asp?id=168062

and fell in love with it.  You can use this one to look at other flowers with chartreuse in it. 

http://www.teleflora.com/category.asp?rcid=99043

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine