Help!

Online Users: 1,272 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 13

EnchantedEverAf... Posts : 88 Registered: 9/3/07
Help!
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 2:47 PM

Hardly anyone seems to ever respond when I ask a question on here, like one between 1 and 3 people. I asked this question before and only two people had anything to say. my FH brought up male engagement rings and said "I'll be really happy if I get one, but I won't complain if I don't" so does he want one or not? I can't tell and he won't really give me a straight answer. And then there's the question of when to give it to him in relation to when he proposes.

If then true lovers have been ever crossed,
 it stands as an edict in destiny.
then let us teach our trial patience,
because it is a customary cross,
as due to love as thoughts, and dreams, and sighs, wishes, and tears, poor fancy's followers." ~Hermia, MSND

Gregslizzy Posts : 197 Registered: 6/11/07
Re: Help!
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 3:09 PM Go to message in response to: EnchantedEverAf...

It sounds to me like he would really like one. He probably wouldn't be too disappointed since they are not very popular yet. I would get him one if I were you.   As far as when you should present it to him, I think you should plan it out and surprise him with it, probably within 3 months of his proposal. That way, he can also enjoy wearing it before he gets the actual wedding band, unless of course, the ring you choose for him ends up being the actual wedding band.  Good luck, and I'm sure more people will respond this time.

Here comes the bride!!

ryanandamanda Posts : 376 Registered: 7/25/07
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: EnchantedEverAf...

I know I responded to your last one....   So really I've never heard of a male engagement ring before.   But it sounds like you FH wants one.  My FH is wearing his wedding band but it's not really an engagement ring he's just wearing his wedding band early.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: Gregslizzy

Thank you, and what a quick response, wow. and I keep looking for something he'd like but everything seems either really understated or really overdone, lol. I do have this ring i inherited from my grandfather, it wasn't his wedding band but it's white gold with this really interesting finish that is sort of criss crossed and rough, but so tiny you can barely tell the design is there, lol, I don't describe that very well do I?

as due to love as thoughts, and dreams, and sighs, wishes, and tears, poor fancy's followers." ~Hermia, MSND

MrsMaldonado Posts : 2,852 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 3:37 PM Go to message in response to: EnchantedEverAf...

Yup, sounds like he does....I got my FH one, too...it's gorgeous.

48 weeks to go!
   Getting married October 4th!
 Bryan & Emy's Wedding Website

LisaN Posts : 285 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 4:14 PM Go to message in response to: EnchantedEverAf...

You could give him the one from your grandfather as his engagement band? If not, I've heard of people just giving silver bands as male engagement rings.

As for people not responding, a lot of people don't look at all the forums/threads. I am guilty of doing this also but I'm trying to make it an effort to see the forums now. :)

~Lisa

Love2u Posts : 1,661 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 4:45 PM Go to message in response to: EnchantedEverAf...

Sometimes I don't answer just because I don't have an opinion, just don't know, or don't know how I contribute further than other posters. 

Love2uKiss

MrsMcCain Posts : 580 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: EnchantedEverAf...

never heard of a male engagement ring before.... But, it sounds like it might mean a lot to him so maybe just get him one, it would probably make him really happy :)

MrsWhtrse04 Posts : 116 Registered: 3/1/07
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 11:40 PM Go to message in response to: EnchantedEverAf...

I have never heard of a male engagment ring, but it does sound like he might like one. I think him saying he would be happy if he got one is a big hint that he does really want one.  

MrsWhtrse04 Posts : 116 Registered: 3/1/07
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 11:41 PM Go to message in response to: EnchantedEverAf...

I have never heard of a male engagment ring, but it does sound like he might like one. I think him saying he would be happy if he got one is a big hint that he does really want one.  I think if my FH knew there was such a thing he would want one too

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 2:26 PM Go to message in response to: EnchantedEverAf...

I would say he wants one, he just won't be disappointed if he doesn't get one.  Why not try something different and propose to him with his engagement ring?

When is my wedding

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 9:04 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

so do you think it sounds good that I can use my grandfather's ring and when he proposes to me I can just give it to him then?

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 10:23 PM Go to message in response to: EnchantedEverAf...

I know that when I say things like that, "Well, I'd like one but wouldn't complain if I didn't" I usually am hinting tha I really, really do want whatever I'm asking for. But guys and girls are really different, and some guys just do really mean what they say. Maybe just be straight foward with him and ask him what he really wants.

BB84 Posts : 388 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 5:02 PM Go to message in response to: EnchantedEverAf...

Sounds like he really wants one!  If you think he'll like your grandfather's ring, that sounds really sweet.  I think it would be cool to surprise him with it when he proposes.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine