Anyone waiting until marriage to have...

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 69

HooahBride Posts : 341 Registered: 9/19/07
Re: Anyone waiting until marriage to have...
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 1:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am a fellow waiter! :D I am still a virgin, he's not, but he has been very good about it, and he respects that...we have been together for over a year, and the closer that wedding day gets...the HARDER it gets...I just wish it were here. :S lol
Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypathWedding Ticker

Angele Posts : 76 Registered: 8/15/07
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 8:46 PM Go to message in response to: HooahBride

wow! while I admire your ladies' resolve, there is no way that I could be part of the whole waiting for the wedding night deal. I like sex, and while FH and I had a small period where things had cooled off a little bit, for the most part we can't keep our hands off eachother. sex is too much fun to wait for, especially if I had to wait a year or longer. besides, I hate being dog drawn, even more than my FH does.

soontobewed7222... Posts : 88 Registered: 12/22/07
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was a virgin before my FH and was waiting but he's the only one i've been with and everybody assumes we started having sex right away we waited until two monthes after he moved into my house thank you 'sorry pet peeve' but I' very happy the man I'm going to marry is the only one every to touch me in any sexaul type way. :)
The medieval bride

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 4:27 PM Go to message in response to: Angele

DARN COMPUTER!

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

R&R: June 21, 2008

LaTrece Posts : 11 Registered: 4/1/07
Posted: Jan 21, 2008 1:53 AM Go to message in response to: soontobewed7222...

Actually it was the opposite for me and my FH. He was a virgin when i met him and i wasn't! We didn't have sex until we were together for at least 2 months. Now with him in Hawaii and me in Japan.... NO sex for us. I actually won't see him until a week until our wedding. So... basically we’re practicing abstinence for the next 7 months. (But so not by choice) It sucks!!!

Love, like pure magic,
Is life's sweet mystery!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10743;116/st/20080816/e/I+marry+my+Best+Friend%21/k/0168/event.png[/img]
[/url]

nickakels Posts : 71 Registered: 1/3/08
Posted: Feb 9, 2008 8:58 PM Go to message in response to: LaTrece

I'm a virgin and FH isn't, but he has been so good about waiting.   He was my first boyfriend & he's known from the beginning that waiting is important to me.  We've been dating for 2 1/2 yrs, but we were best friends for another 2 or 2 1/2 yrs before that. Our honeymoon starts on our wedding night, but we're going somewhere close and quiet so there on't be too much going on at once. I'm so excited!

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 9:02 PM Go to message in response to: nickakels

A question for all you waiters out there:

I have an extremely conservative, over-achiever friend who has brought up the idea of saving 1st kisses for marriage; what's your take on it?

How far is too far?

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Feb 10, 2008 5:47 PM Go to message in response to: nickakels

That's a negative for me... I love kissing. No kissing before marriage is taking it way too far and is beyond crazy in my opinion. Goodness sakes it's a KISS.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

R&R: June 21, 2008

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 10:46 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

I love kissing too :)

For us, there's no sex, being naked (or anything that involves birthday suits). There's more than that, obviously, but those are the basics.

KatharineC Posts : 940 Registered: 2/6/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2008 4:32 AM Go to message in response to: nickakels

Wow, I admire and applaud all you girls! I didn't think there was anyone who waited anymore! That said, I always believed I was going to abstain till marriage (Catholic upbringing and all), but when I met my FH it was clear to me almost immediately that this was going to be a very special relationship, and I knew early on that I wanted to marry him. So we did IT. :-) But we were both virgins so we've only ever been with each other, which I love. And I did really well with the waiting for that special someone; I was 25 when I lost my virginity.

On October 31st 2008 I marry my One True Love!

OneLuckyGal Posts : 9 Registered: 8/5/07
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 10:06 PM Go to message in response to: KatharineC

A HUGE kudos to all the gals waiting until you are married!!!!!  I haven't however I think it is totally honorable and romantic to wait until your first night 'together as one'.  Congratulations to all you laides waiting! (and not waiting!, being a bride is worth all CONGRATS!)
Make a dream your reality, one day at a time.

FutureMrsNajar Posts : 159 Registered: 11/15/07
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 2:43 AM Go to message in response to: nickakels

LOL that question cracked me up. My cousin waited for the first kiss thing. I personally think thats too far ... Im having such a hard time with the no sex thing! Anyway my cousin and her now husband wanted to wait for their first kiss. so the whole time they dated he could only kiss her on her cheek and her forehead. Even when the priest said you may kiss the bride he kissed her on the forehead so they can have their first kiss be special and between only them.

Well ... Their plan backfired because the photographer made them kiss and they were so embarrassed. Plus my cousin said since they hadnt kiss their first night together was really awkward.

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

~ June 28, 2008 ~

Belle1154 Posts : 235 Registered: 11/2/06
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 1:22 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

I am SO excited to see this post!! My FH and I are both virgins and waiting til we are married (in 2 months!)

He waited until he proposed to kiss me, which was perfect for us.  We were able to really enjoy that but still saved a lot too.  Let me tell you, though, I dont recommend a long engagement if you want to wait...we have been engaged 16 months and it gets hard.  But we are staying true to our decision and our reasons behind it.  

I have a lot of friends who have waited for the wedding day to even kiss and I definitely see why they do it.  I mean, it is a fact of biology- when you start kissing, the waiting gets harder and the temptations get stronger.  I personally like that my first kiss was not in front of everyone and that my FH and I got to enjoy kissing as just kissing for all this time...but I definitely respect those who are waiting for EVERYTHING.

"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine..."

Message was edited by: Belle1154

Posted: Feb 16, 2008 10:07 AM Go to message in response to: Belle1154

FH was my first to even hold hands with & I am super shy & modest, so the physical part of our relationship has gone in slow-mo.  It seems like saving EVERYTHING for marriage would be complete sensory overload...

Also, there's frustration that goes with having so many physical rules & limitations: if I waited 4 more yrs to get married like my family wants, we'd be so frustrated with our rules we'd probaly start taking it out on each other!  I've seen couples who were waiting for their wedding night but dated for an extremely long time (like 7+ yrs) & were at eachother's throats all the time because they tried so hard to keep their relationship from moving forward that they actually started pushing it backwards. THE POINT: whatever your limits are, girls, you and FH have to stay a team (even though it sounds cliche and corny) in keeping to your promises.

I think it's important to remember ALL aspects of a relationship(spiritual, emotional, mental, & physical) without being on the same page on all of them, you're in trouble.

Does anyone know a good book (preferably Christian) about purity that's aimed at engaged couples.  All the one's I've found are about adolescence and are 90% irrevalent. It's good stuff, but  "don't put more into a relationship than you're willing to lose" doesn't apply so much and "don't sleep with that kid in your 10th grade Biology class, it's not fair to your future husband" completely misses the mark!

goodbye, and happy waiting!

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 8:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh my Gosh-let's see, I am getting married on July 19, 2008.  If I had remained abstinent until my wedding night, I'd be a 41 year old virgin now! Yeah-it took me that long to find Mr. Right.....With all due respect abstinent ladies, you really don't know what you're missing! My heart goes out to you all!  There's nothing in the world like the intimacy associated with making love to the man you KNOW you want to spend the rest of your life with. I can't imagine my life without my future husband and all the benefits associated with being with him. Good luck and I wish you all a wonderful wedding night!Innocent 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine