Anyone waiting until marriage to have...

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 69

FutureMrsNajar Posts : 159 Registered: 11/15/07
Re: Anyone waiting until marriage to have...
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 9:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH and I are abstaining till our wedding night also. We have been dating since April 2006 and our wedding is in June 2008. Sometimes the temptation is overwhelming and we need to walk away from each other to cool off. We both seriously cant wait!

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 2:24 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

In my experience, the first time with a new partner is always kind of awkward and unsatisfying. Maybe I just lack some special skill, but with the relationships I've been in, it's always taken us a while to get on the same wavelength. That goes for kissing, too, actually. I've had to coach a few guys on kissing. So, I admire the resolve of people who abstain but for my personal situation I don't think that would make sense.

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 10:54 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

uhitsme,

WTF??!! you can't sleep in the same bed even though you've been married for 10 years? married in a church or not, you are married, plain and simple. and you didn't need to " confess" anything. it is not a sin to have sex with your husband/wife, even if ou were married outside a church.

complete bullshit!!

Emily and Jon Smalley

just married 2-24-2007

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 3:54 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well according to the Church being married by a JOP is not really being married. And if u can hold out uhitsme i think thats major bonus points.

Anyone as nervous as I am about the first night?? FH and I are super excited and he's ready to go. I'm just a little scared it will hurt ....Embarassed

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

~ June 28, 2008 ~

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Nov 22, 2007 4:17 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

Well i know my FH and i will NOT see each other let alone be sleeping togeathe the night before our wedding we were thinking about waiting a few months before our wedding but i bairly get to see him as it is im lucky for a month out of a year so i know we could do it but i dont think we will wait for a few months or weeks before the wedding, but deffinlty no sack sessions for 24hrs before the wedding!

AdorablePlanet.com bridal shower invitations

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

Check out my personal site :myspace.com/dixidarlinxo

Check out my wedding website too: http://jharrellandbpittman.weddings.com

EnchantedEverAf... Posts : 88 Registered: 9/3/07
Posted: Nov 24, 2007 10:16 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

I'm a  virgin too, but I've read a lot and it's supposed to be okay as long as you don't get too nervous (you know how when you're nervous your mouth gets dry?...same concept apparently) and as long as you are aroused enough. FH and I have to do thet walk away thing sometime too...we'll usually go play a  videogame or something, lol. just keep your mind off of it! hard, I know.

If then true lovers have been ever crossed,
 it stands as an edict in destiny.
then let us teach our trial patience,
because it is a customary cross,
as due to love as thoughts, and dreams, and sighs, wishes, and tears, poor fancy's followers." ~Hermia, MSND

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Nov 24, 2007 11:38 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

I can understand your anxiety, and I know everybody experiences different things, but I really think if you relaxed and he takes his time with you, you will be fine.

At least I was.

Congrats and good luck to you all finding the strength to keep your "promise"! I'm still looking for it...

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 2:27 AM Go to message in response to: EnchantedEverAf...

lol we have to do the video game thing too! That actually works. Are you guys actually planning for the night of the wedding? I think I might be too tired ...

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

~ June 28, 2008 ~

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Nov 26, 2007 9:22 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

i just got married and the entire night before i could not sleep, not a single wink.  i was up at 7am, married at 2:30, reception til 10:30, went out after, didn't get to our room until after 1am.....trust me you will not be too tired!  the excitement of the day will keep your adrenaline high!  you will be so happy and excited you won't want to sleep for a few days

but then you will Smile

frogmart Posts : 3 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 1:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am 24, and a virgin.  I told my FH within the first few weeks we were together I was waiting for marriage, and he has never pressured me one bit.  We.ve been together now for over two years, and have just under two years to go.  We have also lived together for over a year now!  Everyone in my family knows, and I recently told my FMIL, just to let her know what an amazing son she has.  The one thing I do want to be sue of is the romance.  I want us to be intimate, and WANT each other.  Like my mother syas " a plutonic relationship is a dead one".  It's fun to be creative, and sexy, but still keep that forbidden fruit a mystery!! 

Jerseygal8785 Posts : 144 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 1:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

ok my take is you have never had sex with any man including you FH then wait until after marriage - very romantic.  If you have had sex with other men but not your FH then do it before the wedding! to me sex is about feeling - some sex is bad and some is good - if you have expereinced it then you will know if your FH is bad or good.  I can't image being stuck with bad sex the rest of my life! If you have nothing to compare to then wait and be traditional, you wont know the difference and it will just be good. My honey are very happy - I am cutting off sex 1 month before the wedding. FH is sure he will make it!

headoverheels8 Posts : 80 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 1:26 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

YES!! my fh and I are both virgins. It is very important to both of us to keep our relationship pure. I want to wear white at my wedding and know that it means what its supposed to. I was the first girl my FH every held hands with and kissed. We both believe God created sex only for within marriage. I'm glad that in this day and age I am not alone in this cause I feel like I am sometimes. 

MelissaJuneBrid... Posts : 698 Registered: 3/13/07
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 9:49 AM Go to message in response to: headoverheels8

FH is 22 and I am 21. We have been together since we were 16 and 15. We are both virgins and we are waiting until our wedding night. We both agreed on that early on in our relationship. White it is very difficult 99% of the time we only have 5 months to go, which is so exciting! I just know that night will be so special to us and someday when my kids ask "well mom did you wait until marriage" I can proudly say "yes, your dad and I both did." But for us it all stems from our faith in God and is something we chose to follow.

MelissaSmile

Message was edited by: MelissaJuneBride08

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 12:18 PM Go to message in response to: MelissaJuneBrid...

Wow Melissa! You guys have been together since 15 and 16 and you made it work. You guys are an inspiration to us all. I know what you mean about telling our kids. I want our kids to save themselves for marraige too. I would feel like a hypocrite if i hadnt. Yay for us june brides with only 5 months and XX days until we get to do it! Did you plan your honeymoon for right after the wedding? FH and I postponed the honeymoon 3 weeks because my sister and cousin both virgins on their wedding day said it was a little awkward to travel and have fun with all the pressure and that it would be more enjoyable to wait. So we are going after 3 weeks.

~ June 28, 2008 ~

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 12:43 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

That's so great Melissa, I didn't know that! I've been with FH since we were 13 (with a 2 year break in our early 20's) and he was the first and only person I've ever "been" with... at the time we were both 23 and both virgins.

Well God much have touched something in us, because we haven't done the do since November and we made the New Year's Resolution to wait until we are married. As I've said earlier in this post, we've tried before and have failed many, many times. The sex was good, VERY good... but once it was over, there was this overwhelming feeling of guilt. Saying we are going to wait feels different THIS time....it's easier to NOT fall, I don't know how or why, but it is.  Maybe it's because of our deep rooted Christian beliefs AND the fact that we now know the exact day when we will be, as the older people say, "legal" lol.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

R&R: June 21, 2008

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine