Is he hinting?

Online Users: 1,315 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

EnchantedEverAf... Posts : 88 Registered: 9/3/07
Is he hinting?
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 11:16 PM

Okay girls, my FH is proposing sometime between now and february, I know he has the ring and I know what it looks like. The diamond is my grandma's and the new setting I picked out, I was even there when he ordered it. he's had the ring for 3 months. he just asked a question, he wanted to know if he got an engagement ring too, because he noticed that a friend of mine's FH wears his ring already. I told him that it isn't traditional but some people seem to be taking to the idea lately of male engagement rings. I said that it's mostly a personal preference and asked if he really wanted one. he said that he'd be happy if he got one but woldn't complain if he didn't...is this guy speak for "I'd really like one but I'm not going to ask for it because I'm a man."? or should I just take what he says at face value? I think it's a sweet and romantic idea that he likes that it would mark him as takenbut I'm also fond of tradition and this would be stepping out of tradition...then there's the issue of what the parents might think on both sides. So I'm kind of confused about what he wants...HELP

If then true lovers have been ever crossed,
 it stands as an edict in destiny.
then let us teach our trial patience,
because it is a customary cross,
as due to love as thoughts, and dreams, and sighs, wishes, and tears, poor fancy's followers." ~Hermia, MSND

ryanandamanda Posts : 376 Registered: 7/25/07
Re: Is he hinting?
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 11:49 PM Go to message in response to: EnchantedEverAf...

Mine has been wearing his ring ever since we got it.  But his is his wedding ring not an engagement ring.  There is a long post about this somewhere.....

My mom was kinda like What?!  when she saw he was wearing his, but I'm good with it.  I think it's a to each his own type thing.  He has already been calling me his wife forever and then people look at his had confused. : )

What's he waiting for anyway?  As far as popping the question?

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 9:12 AM Go to message in response to: EnchantedEverAf...

i think it's becoming a trend, i started a thread on this a while back and there were so many replies saying that the bride's FH had a ring or someone they knew had one

i would take it as a hint, coming from a guy 

Posted: Oct 24, 2007 9:48 AM Go to message in response to: ryanandamanda

lol. we actually had a three day "debate" about this. because all I care about is getting engaged and being able to freely tell people that i'm marrying him without them grabbing my left hand and then frowning when they realize I don't have a ring. part of the reason that he waited was that his parents asked him not to rush into anything (which I think he read to much into, i think it was merely a general statement because both of his siblings had marital issues, one divorced, the other stayed w/ their spouse...that couple though was together five years before they married) but you know, his parents got married 4 months after they MET. We're waiting till 2009 to get married we'll have been together over 2 years at that point...I don't think that's rushing. so he held off to prove he wasn't rushing anything...which, I'm all for respecting one's parents...but personally, I don't think parents should have that kind of say. he also had said he wanted to make sure his parents were "okay" and that we had a family "bond" before he asked. about which I completely freaked out. If they aren't okay with this as much as he talks about marrying me, then they must have some hidden issue with me, and two...a family bond happens after you actually become family. by the second day of the argument he had said that that wasn't really that relevant to why he wasn't doing it and that he has this "plan" of what he wants to do. this plan from what I can tell has changed a zillion times because he couldn't make up his mind, and when he finally had an idea this older woman (his manager) told him that it didn't seem very original...and he's very caught up in originality, so it seems he changed his mind again...even though he thought this was a great idea. he asked my dad two weeks ago (don't most guys ask within the week of proposing?). anywho. Thrird day he starts talking about marraige and I finally told him I don't want to talk about it anymore. he said on the way back to my house it would be soon...and my response was that he's been saying that since he got the darn thing...so yeah after talking to him I'm not so frustrated anymore...but idk. I don't care how he does it, i don't need anything big. I just wanted simple and private, so that we don't get that thing when you're in the middle of a bunch of people and you get this huge "awww" anyway...enough of my rant...lol

as due to love as thoughts, and dreams, and sighs, wishes, and tears, poor fancy's followers." ~Hermia, MSND

Posted: Oct 29, 2007 8:04 PM Go to message in response to: EnchantedEverAf...

does anyone else have some opinions on this is he hinting that he wants one?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine