Tired of waiting!

Online Users: 1,330 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 21

BB84 Posts : 388 Registered: 3/31/06
Re: Tired of waiting!
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 4:25 PM Go to message in response to: chicago22475

I sort of know how some of you guys feel.  We haven't been together that long....just since last Christmas.  We decided to get married in June a few weeks ago....so I am so ready to get engaged and get the ball rolling.....I know he has a plan for how he's going to do it.  I'm thinking he's waiting for the holidays.  We are also going to Florida next month....so who knows.  But waiting patiently can be difficult!  Every time he takes me somewhere nice, I'm thinking it could be the night!  LOL.  I'm feeling a little better this week.  I know it's coming.  I should be excited now, not totally anxious!

chicago22475 Posts : 4 Registered: 11/6/07
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 7:49 PM Go to message in response to: BB84

well my bf did ask me what type of ring i want so i guess mines is coming to i just don't know when maybe it's the holidays for me as well. we shall see.

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 8:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was with FH for over four years before he proposed.  Same thing happened with us.  I kept nagging him and bugging him.  He bought the diamond over a year before he proposed.  It drove me crazy because he wouldn't propose to me.  I couldn't understand why he wouldn't, but it was worth the wait. 

I completely agree with PP about questioning do I really want to spend the rest of my life with him, because it's FOREVER and it sounds so daunting!  I got my answer yesterday.  My FH is on a week long training exercise and as much as I HATE his snoring at night, I found myself missing it Monday night.  In fact, I couldn't sleep!  I have definitely found my match!  You should try to avoid giving him an ultimatium (sp?), but make sure he knows how you feel and that you do not intend to wait forever.  Good luck!

BB84 Posts : 388 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 2:09 PM Go to message in response to: chicago22475

That's a good sign!  Hang in there!

bridesrocks Posts : 478 Registered: 9/25/07
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 2:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I know the waiting is long...but it's so worth it hang in there.  I have been with FH for 3 years when he proposed.  I was so ready 1 year after we were together and he was too but financially things weren't great.  When things started to go better I was waiting and waiting and still nothing.  I was talking to him about all kinds of wedding stuff.  But still he wasent' getting the hint or was just ignoring the hints...Finally when I gave up and when I lease expected it he proposed.  Two days before Christmas.  The wait really sucks but it is so worth it.  He will marry you maybe he's planning something really special give it time.
Until I marry my Rockstar!

Jordansgirl1205 Posts : 4 Registered: 11/29/07
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 11:38 PM Go to message in response to: chicago22475

Hello ladies! My boyfriend and I will have been dating 6 years this December 5, 2007. He bought the ring last November and planned to propose last New Years, but due to some family stress it did not happen. Now we are in a better place and I am really hoping that we will get engaged in Oahu this March. I know it is hard to not talk about it, but it needs to happen. My bf told me like so many others, that I need to stop pressuring him, so that he can make is special and feel like it is truly coming from him. Good luck!

Deletedhandle Posts : 49 Registered: 11/13/07
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 3:02 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of waiting... but i'm taking the approach that most engaged ladies have given- i've been trying REALLY hard not to bring it up at all... i've lasted 4 days so far, which is a crazy accomplishment for me- i have "word vomit" when it comes to the ring, engagement, wedding, marriage and all the like.

wish me luck!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine