Help with a black & white wedding theme please????

Online Users: 1,307 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 17
Help with a black & white wedding theme please????
Posted: Oct 20, 2007 12:45 PM

Hi! I am doing my wedding theme in black & white. I am at a loss on an accent color, etc. Does anyone have any photos of their own black & white wedding they'd be willing to share? From the reception to the wedding party maybe? I really need HELP! Thanks ladies!
jennifer

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Help with a black & white wedding theme please????
Posted: Oct 20, 2007 4:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have tons of photos that I'm happy to send you. Just contact me through my website.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

ricksang Posts : 100 Registered: 7/28/07
Posted: Oct 20, 2007 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: myra

My wedding is black and white only. But, some really pretty combo's I have seen are b&w with lime green or fire engine red, or pink, or even electric blue. B& W can be mixed with anything, even platinum with b&w would be beautiful!

Jax013 Posts : 283 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 1:38 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi Jenee!  FH and I are having a black/white/red wedding.  The girls are wearing red with white flowers and black shoes.  The guys are wearing black pinstrip tux with red tie, FH will have white tie.  For the reception.....black tablecloths with white dishes and black napkins.  I am making the centerpieces that are red and will have white tealight candles as well.  Our cake is going to be white with black ribbon and red strawberries running down the sides.  So as you can see, Red is the color we are adding to our black&white theme.  Hope this helps a little......let me know how you make out and if i see or hear of anything else, i will share:)

Best~
Jackie & Bill 10.12.08

Jerseygal8785 Posts : 144 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 2:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My is Black and White too!! My accent is red roses.  Centerpieces, flowers, etc . . red roses. Some people do pink which is also very pretty! I don't recommend blue with white and black then you have a "Bruise" theme!

pattitoo Posts : 1 Registered: 10/25/07
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 2:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We're doing b&w as well.....we finally decided, after looooong discussions, to use silver as our accent.  Both of us are very simple in taste and didn't want to take away from the simplicity of the b&w in photos, etc, but wanted something.  We decided on the silver after I found a pair of silver shoes I really liked, in the right size, at the right price.  Our entire wedding party is geographically coast to coast....literally.  So this way, all the girls will have a LBD they can use again (and are easy to find) and will all have silver shoes.  The guys can do silver however they want.  I left that to FH to figure out.  Good luck!!!

soon2bblt Posts : 23 Registered: 2/22/07
Posted: Dec 25, 2007 1:38 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi, I am doing a black and white wedding also.  I chose my accent color to be a deep red.  I don't know the name of the color, but it is in between a fire engine red and a burgundy.  I LOVE it!  I love the look of a black and white wedding- very classy, and like it was said previously- you can pair those with any color!

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 9:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

a lot of people do black, white, and red - pretty common. A great combo is black and white - but with two accent colors - such as slate gray and purple. It sounds odd, but if you have a kohls department store near you - check out the vera wang clothing and bedding. The slate gray, black, white, and purple combo comes up a lot and looks really classy. - you can decorate your table with neat silve accents (check this out http://www.plumparty.com/partysupplies/21751.html) and here is a link to the kohls vera wang bedding http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/saleevents/old/0913/homepage/3asvvwbedbath/PRD~c10526/Simply+Vera+Vera+Wang+City+Night+Comforter+Set++Accessories.jsp
Erin

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 11:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi, I am doing black, white, silver and pink. My bridesmaid dresses are black with pink sashes, and the bouquets all pink. My table cloths are black & white velvet damask, silver charger places, tall clear vases fill with swarovski crystals and a ball of pink roses on the top of the vase and a light at the bottom of the vase to make the crystal sparkle. My cake is white with pink accents.

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Dec 29, 2007 12:00 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ours is black & white with dark gold as an accent color. Bridesmaids dresses are gold with black sashes. I plan for their bouquets to be red and dark pink roses. Table cloths at the reception will be white with white chair covers with gold ties. The cake is 4 tiered, square, white and will have dark gold ribbon around each layer of the cake. Centerpieces are white rose topiaries in terra cotta pots. You can check my ideas in my albums. Good luck on picking your perfect accent color!

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 2:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think B&W is a beautiful idea, we tossed it around for our wedding too. A deep red is always beautiful. I also think Tiffany's blue  (turquoise) adds a nice pop of color - I am also a bit biased since that is my accent color. 

DestoB Posts : 638 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Jan 2, 2008 5:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

hi jennifer!  we're doing black & white too.  i've been debating back and forth with accent colors but had an epiphany last night in my sleep.  i had a dream about my reception venue and instead of an accent color, i had different patters of black and white.  all of the tables had a round white table cloth with square black table cloths over the top and each table had a runner.  they alternated between b&w polkadot and b&w stripe.  it was awesome!!!  of course, it was all in a dream but i'd like to think of it as more of a creative inspiration!  =)  keep us posted!

SoontobeGriffiths Posts : 2 Registered: 6/21/07
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We decided recently to do black and white as well! We are most likely going to have red as the accent color. Bridesmaids in black dresses (so they can wear them more than just for the wedding) with white flowers of some sort. I will carry red roses. Groomsmen in black tuxes with red ties, with white bouts. I'm way excited to start planning!
LeighAnn

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 5:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

After much thought we have finally settled on b&w, also.  I think the accent color should depend upon your own personality and the tone of your wedding.  If you want soft and pretty you may choose something pastel or a metal (bronze, silver, gold, etc.).  If you are going for strong and bold choose a rich, saturated color, like red or a deep purple.  I happen to be very fond of jewel tones.  So the entire ceremony will be done in b&w, with exception of the flowers.  Then the reception will feature b&w accented with red, fuschia, yellow, green, and blue.
Kiss 

soon2bblt Posts : 23 Registered: 2/22/07
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 12:02 AM Go to message in response to: BoysMissLady

I know I posted previously about this, but I now have to change something.  After reading everything that you guys have said about the B&W wedding, I realized that mine is not really B&W at all.  I am the only one wearing ANYTHING white!  I don't know how it got like this, but somewhere along the lines I decided that no one else could wear anything white, because I need to stand out.  So, my colors are basically black and red!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine