Any 30+ Brides Out There?

Online Users: 1,268 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 411

mizhines Posts : 271 Registered: 7/31/07
Re: Any 30+ Brides Out There?
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 3:09 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Hey everyone!

So it's about 80 degrees today in CT, so I am going to cut out of work early and try and enjoy the first warm Friday of the year!  Just wanted to pop by and say hi to everyone!

Newfie-- LOVE the sparkle accent on your serving set/toasting flutes!  I did get the garter about 4 or 5 days after I ordered it and it's adorable (looks just like the pic on Ebay).  I also got proofs of our invites, so I'll be sure to post them this weekend.  They're very simple, but FH is anxious to get them done so he can send them to Ireland, and neither of us wanted to spend a lot of money on them, so we went with something that was classic (and not expensive!).

MuffinB-- Good to hear from you!  I'm sorry to hear about your postponement, but it sounds like you're being extremely smart about the situation-- there's no reason to put yourself in a bad financial situation just to have the wedding right this second-- you're still going to be getting married, and it will happen at the time that's right for both of you.

Hope everyone's having a great day!
Leigh

"Make me a bicycle, clown!" - Wedding Crashers

NewfieBride2008 Posts : 242 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Apr 24, 2008 3:12 PM Go to message in response to: mizhines

Hi Ladies,

I AM GEING MARRIED IN FIFTY DAYS.  Omigosh.omigosh...omigosh.....

How is everyones week going?

Leigh - Thanks for the compliments on the servers and flutes, I love them.  I LOVE sparkle, the more the better as long as it is tactful!

How was your beautiful weather? 

We bought our invites from the clearance section and they are simple and gorgeous!

Great about your garter!

I decided to use my fluffy victorias secret garter for my hens party and I am going with these for the wedding.

How is everyone else's week going?

http://www.TickerFactory.com

mizhines Posts : 271 Registered: 7/31/07
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Hey everyone!

Newfie-- your wedding is going to be here SO SOON!  It looks like you're in great shape-- love the garters, they're so elegant with a little bit of "sparkle" too!

So, we got our invitations back this weekend-- now it's time to start stuffing them before FH's mom gets here from Ireland this weekend!  I need to make sure FH doesn't try to sneak more invitations home, which I'm sure he's trying to find a way to do Wink.

Oh, and I took my boudoir pics yesterday!  I was totally nervous, but it actually ended up being pretty fun and not as nerve-wracking as I thought it would be.  It definitely helped that my photographers are a married couple, though-- they were joking around the whole time and totally put me at ease.  They seemed excited about how it came out, and hopefully FH will feel the same way (he better!).

Hope everyone's having a great day!
Leigh

"Make me a bicycle, clown!" - Wedding Crashers

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 10:46 PM Go to message in response to: mizhines

Hi ladies!

Newfie, I can't get over how similar our tastes are! I swear we like the same things. I love your flutes. I flagged the website because when the time comes, I'm getting those flutes! and the garters! too cute. You've got to tell me where you got those. I want mine in black, though.

I bet it feels good to have everything come together, right? With invitations in the mail, RSVP's coming in, budiour sessions....I'm nutty for getting excited reading all your posts, but what can I say? I love it.

Mizhines- I bet after a few minutes you were posing like a hot diva! (in a very classy and sexy way, of course ; )

I checked out your site, Newfie- really nice!

Well, as for me, things are still up in the air : ( I still don't feel 100% comfortable moving forward and putting down deposits yet. Thanks for all the encouraging words. I know that when the time comes, it will be the wedding of my dreams and that I did the right thing by waiting it out.

Have a great night.

MrsB2Be08 Posts : 58 Registered: 7/24/07
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 4:17 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

I'm new to this thread - saying hi!

I'm 33 (34 by our wedding day) and my fiance is 30.  This will be the first marriage for both of us.  We got engaged just over a month ago and still have everything to do for the wedding but, somehow, we're pretty relaxed about it.  I think we're just feeling very lucky to have found each other and to be at this point together.

"Are any of you planning for kids?"

Yes - planning to hit the ground running!  I'll start pre-natal vitamins in November and we'll start TTC on the honeymoon.  

J & E's Wedding Plans - 2.28.09

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: MrsB2Be08

Welcome Newbies!!

Leigh - You did it!  YAY.  Good job on the boudoir pix.  I am glad you had a good time!  Are your invites all out yet?

Muffin - Yes, we do have similar tastes.  I will def post pictures of everything and let you know where I bought my garters and anything else you may like.  The site where I bought my garters did not have black.. I don't think, but I doubt that will be hard to find..........Thank you again for the compliments on my flutes and cake serving set, I must say I LOVE them and in the light with votives.....I am so giddy like a little girl getting her first pair of ballet shoes!

Your time will be here soon! 

Yes, ladies I realize that when tomorrow, May 1st, arrives..I will be saying 'I am getting married next month'  I have my paper bag in my hand!  ( Breathe.....)

I ordered my cake topper, it will be a crystal covered  five and a half inch 'S' and I will place little crystal dangles on the top.

I did pick my cake, I need to post some pictures!

Now I am working on programs and welcome bag books.  I am very particular about these so I'd like to do them myself.

My shower / Stagette is next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am making my veil for that ( my BMs were against it, but again, I am particular)  I have a mini tiara ( that sparkles of course) and I am going to add crystal covered green tulle = )

P.S - Muffin - Did I ever tell you that my friend daughter calls me aunt sparkles?  Go figure ( wink)

Ladies - half way through the week....what else is new?

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: May 7, 2008 10:08 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Hi ladies!

Just wanted to drop in and say "hi"!

Newfie-how was your shower /stagette? I hope you had a blast and that it was all you hoped it would be : )

Aunt Sparkles!! ha, I love that!

Posted: May 8, 2008 2:23 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Hello Muffin, Leigh and all of the other fabulous women here!

My shower and stagette is this saturday!  I am really excited.  I made my veil last night, OMG you all will laugh but it is so fun.  I have a little silver tiara with rhinestones on it.  I then took green tulle ( go figure....IRish) and made the veil.  I added rhinestones to it and it really is fun!

ONE MORE DAY UNTIL FRIDAY.  THANK GOODNESS.

dyminbride Posts : 87 Registered: 5/6/08
Posted: May 10, 2008 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: WeddingBelle6

I'm 32 and will be 33 when we get married.  Shawn is 28 and will be 29.  So yeah I am older wheich is why the JOKE about MRS Robinson is always coming up.  PLus our last name will be Roninson.  So at the reception when we walk in the song Mrs Robinson will play.  LOL

Call me  MRS ROBINSON!!Kiss

Posted: May 12, 2008 5:48 PM Go to message in response to: dyminbride

Hey to all!!  Sorry, I've been MIA for awhile!!  We STILL have not gotten our wedding pics yet and I'm about at the end of my small rope with the whole thing!  (For those who are new, or do not know, my wedding was back on March 15th)  Do you ladies have any ideas on how I can be very tactful with our photographer without being a witch????

Welcome to all the new 30+brides!  dyminbride- I LOVE the Mrs. Robinson theme!!!  My DH is 15 years older than I am (he's 50 and will be 51 in September and I turned 36 the week after our wedding).  We decided that as long as the two of us do not have a problem with the age difference, then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks!  I just think it's cool that your name will be Mrs. Robinson too!!! 

So, how is everyone coming with the wedding planning? Any new details, problems, tasks finished?  Dish it out, ladies!!! 

http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Posted: May 17, 2008 10:29 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi MrsLinn!

We actually fired the first photographer we hired because it was his way or no way, but that is all.  Why the delay???

Twenty Eight days until wedding day.  We leave for CAnada in about 2 weeks and it is SO surreal right now, I need to start getting all my new gear together and deciding what to wear when etc!

My Lingerie shower was last weekend followed by a mini stagette party...here are som epictures.  I made my own veil much to my bridesmaids dismay, but I just love that stuff and yes...its covered in sparkle!

Cheer ladies!  Happy weekend!

Posted: May 17, 2008 10:31 AM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Posted: May 17, 2008 10:33 AM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Sorry, I dont know how to post more than one on here!!!

bobbit Posts : 3 Registered: 5/17/08
Posted: May 17, 2008 11:55 PM Go to message in response to: WeddingBelle6

I am 30 and will be 31 when we are married. He will be 35. This will be the first wedding for both of us. Laughing

The wedding is 10/3/09. I am just starting to plan. This is overwhelming!!

Message was edited by: bobbit

cdliv Posts : 1 Registered: 5/17/08
Posted: May 18, 2008 12:36 AM Go to message in response to: WeddingBelle6

Hello!

Im 33 and getting married in October. This will be my first and only! Until I met my FH I did not think i ever would want to get married...so Im a little lost on the do's and donts of wedding planning..and am a bit overwelhmed. ...and so excited all at the same time

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine