August 2008 Brides!!!

Online Users: 1,244 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 482

Colpark Posts : 49 Registered: 9/22/06
Re: August 2008 Brides!!!
Posted: May 13, 2008 1:12 PM Go to message in response to: soontobeMrsHills

WOW....I'm ready these posts and realizing....CRAP....August is FAST APPROACHING.  Especially when I read soontobeMrsHills has sent out her invitations!!  How exciting!!!  Anyone else getting married on August 29th?  It's a Friday, and also my mom and dad's wedding anniversary.  Both are passed away, thought it would be a nice tribute to them.  Does anyone else feel kind of stalled in their planning at this point?  I feel kind of freaked....like I should be doing something!!! 

ninaw Posts : 42 Registered: 4/3/08
Posted: May 14, 2008 3:30 PM Go to message in response to: Colpark

Colpark, I am getting married on August 30th so I know how you feel about the planning. I am right there with you about being at a stand still.

"And now these 3 remain faith, hope and love, but the greatest of these is LOVE"

soontobeMrsHills Posts : 228 Registered: 9/13/07
Posted: May 14, 2008 4:02 PM Go to message in response to: ninaw

I keep thinking I'm at a stand still too! It drives me nuts, then I try to think of a little detail I can plan! I'm going to have nothing to do once we get married, I will have to find a hobby!

Another round of invites is going out today. Just a couple of FH friends that wouldn't call him back with their address and finally did (or he called again and they answered, how dumb).

What are you guys wearing to your Rehearsal dinner? FH thinks I have to wear white because I'm the bride, but it's hard to find one that I love! I think I will wear white but just am having some trouble find one!

81608Bride Posts : 91 Registered: 12/2/07
Posted: May 16, 2008 3:20 PM Go to message in response to: soontobeMrsHills

Can't believe it - 3 months to go!   Invitations are being done this weekend and will mail out beginning of next week.

Not sure what I'm wearing to the rehearsal dinner yet - I'm still trying to figure out the details for it!   My FH's uncle is a minister and is performing the ceremony for us.  However, he lives in SC and we are in NJ so he his figuring out what day they are going to be getting here.  Will find out this weekend and then I'll be able to plan everything else.

soontobeMrsHills Posts : 228 Registered: 9/13/07
Posted: May 16, 2008 3:40 PM Go to message in response to: 81608Bride

We've gotten 3 rsvp yeses and 0 nos back so far! woohoo! However people did not send baby pics! Let me explain. On the bottom of the rsvp, I wrote "Please send a baby picture of all attendees with your rsvp" or something like that. I was hoping to use the pictures as their place card instead of writing them, even though I will probably write their names anyway. Why can't people just follow instructions? Now I'm having my mom or FH's mom or my grandparents call these people and tell them to bring a pic to them for them to give to my mom to give to me or email it to me or else. I'm not sure what to do if people won't give a picture. Probably try and find one of them looking bad in a pic, but that could be difficult for a lot of the invitees. Hopefully people will start sending them! Wouldn't you guys send a pic if the invite asked you to?

BethM Posts : 33 Registered: 8/22/07
Posted: May 16, 2008 10:44 PM Go to message in response to: soontobeMrsHills

I'm sure this is on here already somewhere, but I've been away from the board and haven't read all pages of posts. We're getting married Aug. 9th, when is everyone sending out invites? We're making our own, already have them, just haven't printed them yet. Got pretty much everything else done. Have my dress and excessories, need to go for fittings in June. Have all the girls dresses except one, we're going soon (it's my daughters and future step-daughters, they're all wearing something different). My sis-in-law is doing the flowers and centerpieces, and hired a friend who decorates for weddings, she's doing everything, seat covers, candles, white lights all over. Making my own cake, doing a test run a month or so before, very simple, white 2 layer cake with cascading flowers. A friend is doing the pics. The only thing we don't know is who is going to marry us! I know, big thing there!! But we know it will either be the city mayor, or a judge, family knows both, we just have to set it up.

Thanks for reading! Hope everyone else is having as much fun as we are!!! Beth

karma898 Posts : 69 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: May 16, 2008 11:34 PM Go to message in response to: BethM

I'm getting married August 9th and we sent out our invitations a couple of weeks ago.  We have an A list and a B list, so I'm waiting on the A list to respond so that we can send out invites to the B list if people send their regrets.  

karma898

butterflybride08 Posts : 70 Registered: 1/19/08
Posted: May 17, 2008 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: BethM

We're getting married August 2nd, and I"m sending out invites next week! :D Thats really awesome that you are doing your own cake, good luck! I know I would be so nervous I'd just mess everything up lol

I am so excited we are doing our engagement photos a week from tomorrow. Just have to figure out what FH and I are going to wear...and how to put my really thick curly hair so it won't frizz up in the GA humidity!

Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypathWedding Ticker

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: May 17, 2008 11:51 PM Go to message in response to: karma898

Oh geez! You all are freakin' me out! I'm getting married Aug.31, and the invitations are sitting on my dining table. I thought I had tons of time! Maybe I need to get to it! I think I'm going to do the A list and B list too. Too many people to invite- and we have a strict limit. As well as money!

Ijetski2 Posts : 36 Registered: 3/3/08
Posted: May 18, 2008 1:33 AM Go to message in response to: BethM

Hey Beth,  Our date is Aug 16th and we are sending the invites out on May 30th.  They are addressed and ready to go.  We made our own also and they are beautiful! 

My dress appointment is June 10th and I also have been doing my own centerpieces and flowers.  Almost done with those, its been really fun and I have no one to blame if I don't like it.  Ha Ha    I also have condsidered doing my cake.  I love to do that kind of thing.  I just have one problem and maybe you know .  How does the fondant icing hold up if its really hot?  I've never worked with it much. 

Im glad to see your having a good time.  Thats what its about!!

Counting down to Aug. 16th 2008.  Soulmates say I DOSmile

Posted: May 18, 2008 1:42 AM Go to message in response to: MandyLynn

August 16th is the day and I can't wait either.  How is your planning coming along?   Im doing well but still can't go shoe shopping, my foot isnt' healing well.  Kinda the pits but I have to decide on shoes before my dress fitting on June 10th.  I've never been the flats type of girl!! 

Posted: May 18, 2008 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: Ijetski2

I'm an August 16th too!!  I just put the invitations together last night (a couple of family members helped so it went fast).  I just have a couple more to do (we realized we were missing a couple of addresses that we are waiting for call backs on).  I will be mailing later this week.  I know this seems kinda early but I didn't do Save the Dates and with it being prime vacation time I wanted to get them out early.  We also have a bunch from out of state - we don't think they will be able to make it but this way if they can they have plenty of time to make the arrangements.

Posted: May 18, 2008 10:17 PM Go to message in response to: 81608Bride

Us 16th gals will have to stick together.  It will help to hear about everyone elses timeline.  I didn't do Save the Dates either but we are only having about 100 people.  Most are within a few hours drive.  I have a few addresses to wait for also.  Most of the guests are members in the private park we are getting married in so we don't have to worry about alot of people driving.  Lots of our friends are spending the weekend so we are having a huge campout/decorating party/rehersal BBQ all at once. 

Im glad you have help from family,  I live in Oregon, getting married in Washington,  and 98% of my guests live in Wa.  My FH's Bman has just moved to Denver so planning has been quite fun. 

Well its back to the invites,  gotta get them finalized to go out on time..!!  

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 9:31 PM Go to message in response to: 81608Bride

81608Bride      

Have you had any rsvp's back yet?    I sent out most of my invites last week, still have a few stragglers for addresses but almost done!  I've had one rsvp back so far.  I still am working on my centerpieces.  Almost done but have been working OT to catch up on when I was off with my foot.   Still need to go shoe shopping.  I get my dress altered on the 10th of June so I will be looking right before the alterations appointment.  Hope to find something cute but comfort is a must.  My ankle is still terrible...It SUCKS!      

Hope everyones planning is coming along.  We don't have too much time left, let the countdown continue!!  Ha Ha

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 8:50 AM Go to message in response to: Ijetski2

I ended up mailing my invites on May 24th and already have 4 responses (all yes)!   i was surprised since I mailed them on Memorial Day weekend.  I have everything for my fitting on June 17th - found my shoes a couple of weeks ago.  Now we are in the process of selecting songs that we want played at the wedding (my DJ has a website that I can just enter everything into).  

As for my flowers, my florist knows what I want for everything but I just need to make an appointment to go back in and finalize some things (like the coursages).  Also, once I have a better idea of how many tables I will have then I will know how many centerpieces.  The reason why I don't have any idea is because FH has a lot of out of state relatives and with the economy right now we just don't have any clue has to how many may be able to come.  Luckily my florist doesn't need to know until a couple of weeks before!

Hope everything is going good for all the other August 2008 brides!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine