The suspense is killing me!

Online Users: 1,329 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

katherine592 Posts : 2 Registered: 6/30/07
The suspense is killing me!
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 2:35 AM

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years.  We met through friends and have lived in the same city for the past year and a half.  Ever since, we've practically lived together although we pay rent for two different apartments.  We've discussed marriage, but we both agree we're not yet financially secure enough to make any moves in that direction.  Nevertheless, I can't stop daydreaming and the suspense is driving me nuts.  I'm 20 and in school full time, he's 24.

Please share your stories about long relationships/engagements.  Do any of you have a similar situation, and how did things pan out?

sandraxtna Posts : 86 Registered: 8/26/07
Re: The suspense is killing me!
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: katherine592

I was with my FH for 5 years before he proposed. My word of advice is don't inundate him with wedding/proposal talk. If it's meant to be, it'll happen. Twenty is still young; there's plenty of time left. 

bridesrocks Posts : 478 Registered: 9/25/07
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: katherine592

My FH and I met 8 years ago.  We were both in a relationship but we were friends the 4 of us.  When I split up with the ex, his ex left him.  We never thought we would be together because we were great friends and I was scared of ruining our friendship.  But when it's your soulmate there is nothing you can do to stop the way you feel.  Shawn proposed to me a few days after our 3 year anniversary.  So now it will be 4 years together and we are still as happy as ever.  My FH is 40 and I'm 30.  Neither of us have ever been married.  I guess the right person never came along until we met.  I'm not saying you should wait until you are 30 but you have time.  When he does propose it will be all worth it!

Very soon I will be Mrs. Kaye

KissBrides Rocks!

Message was edited by bridesrocks on Oct 13, 2007 1:35 PM

amb2010 Posts : 12 Registered: 9/30/07
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: katherine592

I know its hard to wait for someone to propose to you.  But lf I were you I would focus on school and when you least expect it he will propose.  Age doesn't matter its finding the right person.  A friend of mine was with her Fiance for 10 years before he asked her to marry him and now there getting married in 2 months.  Your still young and I'm sure when the time is right he will ask.

Mandy

Message was edited by amb2010 on Oct 13, 2007 10:19 PM

katherine592 Posts : 2 Registered: 6/30/07
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: bridesrocks

Thanks for the advise everyone!  I suppose its helpful to have all this time to finish school (although I'm pre-med, so there's still many years to go), etc.  It's just discouraging knowing that we'd like to be engaged but the timing won't be right for quite a while.

Thanks again, and congratulations to you all!

amberstar Posts : 38 Registered: 6/17/06
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 9:09 PM Go to message in response to: katherine592

i feel you- my boyfriend and i have been together for 7 and a hlf years- very impatiently waiting- amber*
ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE!!!!Smile

amberstar Posts : 38 Registered: 6/17/06
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 9:09 PM Go to message in response to: katherine592

i feel you- my boyfriend and i have been together for 7 and a hlf years- very impatiently waiting- amber*
ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE!!!!Smile

lovesaidgirl Posts : 30 Registered: 10/4/07
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 12:56 PM Go to message in response to: katherine592

want to talk about suspense? my bf basically told me he plans on asking me within the next six months.

i have issues waiting for christmas! this is torture, haha.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine