Rockefeller Christmas Proposal

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6
Rockefeller Christmas Proposal
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 4:37 PM

Hi Folks.I am planning to bring my girlfriend to New York for New years eve and would like to propose to her on the ice at the rockefeller centre.Can anyone tell me how i organise the whole thing simil,ar to the video clips on the website.Thanking you all in advance.Any other ideas greatly appreciated.

2BMrsLewis Posts : 126 Registered: 9/13/07
Re: Rockefeller Christmas Proposal
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 4:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

DublinBoy - I have to say that this sounds like such an amazing an sweet idea. There is no doubt in my mind that if you have enough forethought to join this site and post, that WHATEVER you end up doing will be simply amazing! All that said, I have never been to NY City, but I would say that anything you can think of that shows you were thinking of her helps...ie...her favorite colors, flowers, songs, anything that might be special to the two of you, ie: food or deserts.

Again, you sound a bit nervous but I have no doubt that you will knock her socks off! :-) 

Beachwed Posts : 782 Registered: 9/19/06
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 5:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have been there but haven't seen anyone else do it before, only heard of it.  Honestly, the fact that you're on here shows how much you care and how excited you are, it'll be fabulous!!

Do you want it to be a big show where everyone sees? Or do you want to be skating and for her to turn and see you on one knee?  Honestly all of those things would give her the best stories to tell, she will LOVE that! 

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: Beachwed

This was my husbands proposal to me!! We live in Jersey, 10min outside NYC. He toook me to Rock Center last Christmas (the Sunday before), he had the ring in his winter coat pocket, he walked me to the base of the tree, there were THOUSANDS of people there,tourists. And heproposed under the tree and the lights...it was awesome!!! He didnt do it in the skating rink, but right underneath the tree itself. You could do it either way. IF you want it on video or picture, maybe let someone at the rink know (an employee) that you will be proposing and have them hold the camera or video for you? Im a Christmas nut , so for me it was the perfect proposal ... I loved itand Im sure your fiance will too.

What specific questions do you have about Rock Center? If you have specific things you need to know, go ahead and ask them and Ill try to answer. Im in NYC all the time so I can probably help you. As for doing it on New Years Eve, that might be tough only because its soooo crowded in the city that night...there is major securuty everywhere, but it can be done. I would call the skating rink and make sure they stay open that night and make sure its possible.

See my Advice Column and Blogs at www.brideorama.com :)

MrsMaldonado Posts : 2,852 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 12:29 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That is so sweet!

Bryan & Emy's Wedding Website

NightfallenRain Posts : 120 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

good luck!  i hope everything works out as magical as you're envisioning it.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 2:33 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

So OP, any progress on this idea? Are you still doing it?

See my Advice Column and Blogs at www.brideorama.com :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine