Won a David's Bridal contest?

Online Users: 1,328 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 5
Won a David's Bridal contest?
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 10:22 PM

Okay, so last month, I registered on the David's Bridal website. Today while I am at work, I get a voicemail from a woman with David's Bridal saying that they choose 5 brides per month to win goodies from David's Bridal, and I was one of the lucky winners. She gave me her number and I called her back, but had to leave a message.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I know they are having a contest on their site about winning a free bridal gown, but I don't think that constitutes as 'goodies', so I won't keep my hopes up. Yell

Re: Won a David's Bridal contest?
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 11:04 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't know girl! Becareful though, don't give any personal information just in case! But if you did win anything at all that would be nice! I would still look around, but depending on when your wedding is I wouldn't buy a dress just yet! Don't depend on it just yet though, cause they could be talking about thank you cards or something!

Laughter is the key to a great relationship!! (And hugs & kisses of course)

July4thBride Posts : 381 Registered: 9/24/07
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 9:10 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Congratulations! The only thing that I know of that they give away are their wedding gowns and bridesmaid's dresses.  That would have been wonderful to win so my bridesmaids would not have to pay for their dresses.  Hopefully it will be one of those, but maybe they offer other good things if it's not that.  Good luck, and keep us posted about what it turns out to be!

When is my wedding

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: July4thBride

Okay, so BRIDES BEWARE! Via some research, I found my answer.

When you go to David's Bridal, even to look around the store during your appointment, you fill out your address, phone number, etc. The fine print says that David's Bridal retains the right to sell your information to their affiliates or other parties.

So here is the deal. The woman who contacted me told me she was a 'David's Bridal, Mary Kay Rep'. Guess what my 'goodies' were? A makeover party so that she could come sell us her stuff. ...Undecided

And in my research, I find that brides get calls from places saying 'Hey, you won a free honeymoon on us!' that you have to pay sales tax, travel expenses, etc. Now, while most brides gave really negative comments about this, a few had a positive experience. Still, I'm not willing to find out.

So keep your peepers open! 

July4thBride Posts : 381 Registered: 9/24/07
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 2:38 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yeah, I would stay away from any free honeymoon deals.  But the Mary Kay thing sounds fine.  I actually, if it's the same thing, won the Mary Kay runner up prize which allowed me to choose a free item...either eye shadow or nail polish.  So I invited a friend to go with me, and the representative did facials/skin care stuff as well as basica makeup.   We bought some things, just as you would when going to a makeup counter to get a makeup consultation for free.   A week later, we did the glamour makeup thing at my place for free.   My friend actually had our Mary Kay rep do the makeup for her wedding, which she said was free to customers.  It worked out fine, and we got great tips and some makeup to use for the big day.

When is my wedding

Sabrinasoon2bjo... Posts : 1 Registered: 11/28/12
Posted: Nov 28, 2012 2:38 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hello,
I received a call last month also telling me that I won a free honeymoon through Davids Bridal. She told me all I had to do was for me and my Fiance to attend a 90 min cooking class.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine