Infinity Symbol

Online Users: 1,286 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 34

annNjustin080808 Posts : 8 Registered: 10/23/07
Re: Infinity Symbol
Posted: Oct 30, 2007 12:28 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My fiance and I also chose to get married on 8-8-8 because of the infinity symbolization, but I am also finding it very difficult. I'm curious how the ones who are making their wedding invitation are doing it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;24/st/20080808/e/Ann+and+Justin+Become+One/dt/-1/k/1fa8/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 10:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

another small idea to use the infinity symbol someplace else at the reception is to make champage glass rings. ( you know the wine glass charms the sell in stores?) You could make your own by buying number 8 beads at a store and using ribbon that match your color theme  and tie each bead around the stem of the glasses for your toast.

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 10:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Also, to tie it into your ceremony you could use a candle lighting ceremony but not just for the bride and groom but a candle for each person.  Say something along the lines "an infinit amount of candles can be lit from a signle flame and the life of the flame will not decrease. The flame of hope, the flame of courage, the flame of love and the flame of happiness can all be infinatly shared with out being decreased. Thank you everyone for sharing the flame with in us" It will include all of your family friends then the last few people that share the candle flame is passed from the parents of the bride and groom then to the bride and groom then to one singe candle.... so every one wil have a lit candle passed on from one infinit flame.

080808bride Posts : 151 Registered: 5/16/07
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 1:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are doing something similar to your candle idea. We are going to have the grandparents come up and light a candle, and then they will light the "parents" candle. The parents will then come up and take that candle and light the "bride and groom candle" and then we will then take those candles and light our unity candle to symbolize all the love and memories passed from one generation to the next. 

We decided on doing these invitations (although they don't directly have the inifinity symbol" but I bought a stamp to press on the outside and on the seal of the envleope to begin the infinity symbol. Then we'll use the stamp on the programs, seating cards and the top tier of our cake will have multiple inifinity symbols on it. Keep those ideas coming!!

http://www.rexcraft.com/WE_ViewEns.cfm?prev=1&TempPrev=0&blnPreviewRequestSubmitted=0&recordsperpage=8&CompletedOrder=0&sBasketID=0&sItemCode=WedEns5161&FromHome=1&Search_intTotalSearchLevel=1&Search_strInputString=1petite&Search_strInputKeywords=1petite&Search_strItemGroup=&Search_blnAccessoryCategoryPage=0&Search_blnSingle=0&alogo=1&menu=none&morethanonepage=YES&HostDomain=0&FirstTimeThrough=1&option=WE_ViewEns.cfm&format=WedEnsRR&CFID=32459733&CFTOKEN=94200340 

lafayettehill Posts : 57 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 4:32 PM Go to message in response to: 080808bride

We're using a very unique Celtic knot so I had my invitations designed.  It's really not more expensive than ordering Crane or even Carlton invitations.

You can buy your own symbol or search the web and put something together yourself in Adobe Illustrator or Microsoft publisher.  I farmed out the invitations but am using the symbol to create my own placecards and programs.

I skipped the stamp idea in favor of a good color printer- then again, I'm craft challenged. Laughing

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 10:37 AM Go to message in response to: 080808bride

You are not the only one!  We are planning our wedding for 08/08/08 and I had the same idea.  I have not looked for a printer yet but have been searcing for various forms of the symbol to base our wedding designs around.  Search for not only the phrase "infinity symbol" but als "Eternity" and "Unity" as well and you will find some really great stuff!  As for the invitations.  There are sights were you can buy an image of graphic printing quality and any printer should be able to incorporate that into your invitation.  Great minds think alike!! God Bless!

jameza40 Posts : 29 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: Nov 18, 2007 1:22 PM Go to message in response to: 080808bride

hey - I am also getting married on 8/8/08 and searching everywhere for the infinity symbol.

thus far, i've come up with these 3 ideas:

1. we have a friend who is a graphic designer who designed a wedding logo for us. he took both our names and has the infinity symbol linking the two of us together. we've turned that into a stamp we've stamped our save-the-date envelopes with and plan to put it on the invitation.

2. at things remembered, they have a style called "eternity" - it is two wedding bands linked (VERY CLOSE to an infinity symbol) that is where we ordered our unity candle, champaign flutes, and cake cutter and server.

3. my stationary company offers a circle cut invitation. we're making a three-tier invite where the circles rotate upon one another.

:) Good luck to the rest of my infinity bride friends!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Jess

alyssa Posts : 239 Registered: 11/20/06
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 12:24 PM Go to message in response to: 080808bride

we didn't use the infinity symbol in our wedding, but our officiant mentioned that we could cross our arms at the wrist (when we joined hands) and that from above, it would look like an infinity symbol. we both liked that idea and did that during the ceremony. this is what it looked like:

Another way to incorporate the Infinity Symbol
Posted: Dec 26, 2007 10:23 PM Go to message in response to: 080808bride

i found this site and have ordered a ton of these for my wedding. they are decals that go on walls, floors, etc, and then peel off when you are done. Our theme is butterflies so I ordered one with a special phrase and a butterfly on it. you can custom design them - so maybe do the symbol and then think of something nice to say about infinity http://www.wonderfulgraffitiwedding.com/store_wedding_landing.php

Erin

buemxrex Posts : 4 Registered: 1/1/08
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 3:58 PM Go to message in response to: 080808bride

I'm also an 08/08/08 bride.  I'm excited to get ideas from all of you too!  

Wilton has a line of "infinity" wedding items, which are linked rings.  They have flutes, ring bearer pillows, flower girl baskets, etc.  They also have invitations which are very nice with the matching linked rings, but I haven't seen them on their website.  They have them at AC Moore though.  They also have invitation seals that match.  Here is the link: http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=63479F12-423B-522D-FFD30A3711A378B6

I've been searching forever for an infinity wedding favor and this was the closest I could find.  It doesn't match my colors of white and turquoise.  This is gold.  It's a bookmark with the infinity symbol and I hope it helps some of you!  http://www.favorsandflowers.com/gold-infinity-bookmark-wedding-favor.htm

If any of you have found an infinity favor, please let me know!  buemxrex@aol.com

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 7:21 PM Go to message in response to: buemxrex

I am also getting married on 08/08/08 and am so thankful that I found this website with all of you passing on your great ideas. I have been looking everywhere for a ringbearers pillow and flower girl basket that I like and this website you gave me was perfect. thank you for your great ideas
God Bless

buemxrex Posts : 4 Registered: 1/1/08
Posted: Jan 2, 2008 4:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Also, check out these infinity wedding bands:

http://www.e-weddingbands.com/cgi-e-weddingbands/sb/productsearch.cgi?storeid=e-weddingbands 

And here

http://www.celtarts.com/888.htm

Also, I bought this infinity necklace for my bridesmaids

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Sterling-Silver-Loop-Fashion-Pendant/1772240/product.html

Also, I bought that infinity cake topper a while back. I haven't met with my baker yet, but the topper is Huge and i'm not sure if the cake can hold it.  Just a precaution if you're looking to buy it.

7 months away!  

buemxrex@aol.com 

Posted: Jan 16, 2008 8:04 PM Go to message in response to: lafayettehill

Hi, would I be able to see what your logo looks like. You can email me at katherinevelez@gmail.com

Posted: Jan 16, 2008 8:04 PM Go to message in response to: jameza40

Hi, Would I be able to see how your logo came out. I am trying to get ideas. My email address is katherinevelez@gmail.com.  Thanks

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: 080808bride

You can have a custom monogram done by truelovelogos.com with your names and an infinity symbol and make any invitation incorporate your theme!

Favorite Wedding Vendors

True Love Wedding Monograms
Barr Mansion in Austin, TX
For Your Party Custom Printed Products
The Paper Mill Store DiY Paper Products
Zazzle Custom Products
Jenni Bick Handmade Albums & Journals

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift