Average price for reception hall?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 23

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: Average price for reception hall?
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 11:35 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

It REALLY depends on where you live and what you're looking for. You can also find places that don't have rental fees at all. We're trying to decide between two places - #1 has no rental fee or minumum, but it costs $80-95pp for an all-inclusive package. The other site has a $150 rental fee and a 5K minimum, and it's between $75-100pp. Either way, we'll be at about 8-9K for 100 guests, but both include everything.

Just to give you an idea about variety, I work at a museum in the same city and the RENTAL FEE for our vestibule is 25K - that is just the fee to use the space. Other venues in town have quoted me anything from a $1400 rental fee to a 40K minimum food and beverage charge. I didn't even inquire about the more expensive places in the area. Anyway, that should give you an idea of the variety available in just one city. I know that we're paying more than we expected to, but compared to most of the places in town, we're doing very well. We also could have done it for less, but we wanted an all-inclusive package so we don't get stuck with unexpected charges. You just need to do your research to figure out the average costs in your area.

I actually found The Knot to be very helpful in pricing reception venues - the local area of the website or the local magazine. They don't really give exact prices, but they give you a range, so you know what places you shouldn't waste your time with.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 1:15 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

My reception and ceremony are at a country club in a small town about an hour north of Orlando, FL.

My reception hall is $550 for the rental.

The food (Fillet Mignon/Chicken Picatta Duo) is $26.95 per person

Appetizers are costing about $900 for 120 people

Champagne toast is $2 per person

All in all we're paying out about $6000 for the reception hall and food... probably close to $7000 when you add decorations, cake, drinks etc...

November 3, 2007 I become Mrs. Vazquez! If this is a dream, please don't wake me up...

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: MisOctober

WOW my entire wedding is only $5200.  The reception hall is $900.  I live in South Jersey.

we belong togetherKiss

bksummer08 Posts : 165 Registered: 6/14/07
Posted: Sep 28, 2007 10:03 AM Go to message in response to: MisOctober

We're in Chicago & looking at $25,000 for the hall, dinner, gratuity, taxes, open premium bar, a gazebo, ect for 300 people.

Luckily, our church is "free" and we only have to pay a donation.

Kristine

Posted: Oct 1, 2007 5:00 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wow...I live in Texas and I am getting my room for $100 in a country club.  One entree dinner is $15.00 a head, bar is $100 for set up and bartender.  China, linens, setup and take down is all included with servers.  We get the room for 4 hours. 

I married my best friend in the whole world!!
Daisypath Ticker 

Posted: Oct 1, 2007 6:54 PM Go to message in response to: MisOctober

I am in atlanta and the cost of our hall is 1500 for the reception and 1000 for the ceremony... The venue has high ceilings, a separate room for the ceremony, a bar area, a lounge area, dance floor, reception area, and the cutest bridal suite.  The place is beautiful, and it was the cheapest I could find without being a dump.  The food and alcohol will total to be 40 pps, but that includes basic decorations, hand passed hors d'ouevres, whatever meats, sides, and salads I choose, champagne, wine, beer, and sodas. 

I will be Mrs. Harris on March 1, 2008

immigrants Posts : 349 Registered: 4/24/07
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 11:30 AM Go to message in response to: MisOctober

We live in Michigan and where my daughter is having her reception they don't charge for room rental. They charge per plate which includes 3 entrees, potato, pasta, veggie, rolls and butter, assorted cold salads, house salad, soup and there will be a three table dessert table and the alcohol is all included for $ 34.00 a plate so it will come out to be somewhere around $ 11,000.00 just for that portion. We have to pay seperately for the cake, music and all the other stuff.

nicholascage Posts : 3 Registered: 4/25/13
Posted: Apr 25, 2013 3:55 AM Go to message in response to: MisOctober

It always varies depending upon your requirements whether you want a big banquet hall or a small one and what all facilities you want along with it. So, all these factors count in calculating the price of the banquet venue. i would suggest you to fix your budget first and then look for appropriate matches.

KaylieH Posts : 2 Registered: 4/28/13
Posted: Apr 28, 2013 2:00 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just attended a close friends (bridal party) and she spent approximately $25,000 on the wedding and reception (on the lake in New Orleans) with drinks, food, and decor for approximately 250 people.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine