Confessions

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5,855

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Re: Confessions
Posted: Jan 31, 2010 11:46 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Overpriced? Yes! No doubt. My only other option would be to drive to Tampa to go to the single owned stores. The produce was in wonderful condition at this store, in a very yuppy area of town so maybe that has something to do with it. I'd rather pay $2.50 for bok choy over $99 for iceberg though. I hate iceburg lettuce. Sorry your store sucks. My only other options are Publix and Wal-Mart. The organic section is the size of my closet in those stores.

wedding ticker

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 12:29 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

The produce in the Whole Foods that is now in Richmond also sucks. Almost ALL produce in Richmond sucks. And this one is in the VERY uppity section of the city - not worth the time and hassle of the traffic for me on top of the cost - I have a tendency to road rage when people are idiots.

That's why I miss my Giant at my old job. The Trader Joe's is pretty good, but again, completely out of my way and we juat have produce that goes bad in the house. Very frustrating. I want my farmers' markets back. Seriously miss NJ for that. Ironic, huh?

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 1:13 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I confess - I need to go to bed. I know I don't have to work tomorrow, but sleep would be a good idea. Ugh

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I confess I can NOT wait until tomorrow!!!!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 2:22 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Ick! That sucks. I'm sorry you can't find good food. I can't road rage anymore. Too many hood ass tourists with guns. I used to have a market literally within walking distance of my house in Tampa. So, when I wanted fruit I walked to get it. Great money saver.

I have no confessions.

wedding ticker

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 3:05 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

I swear I'm going to get shot. But I honk if you cut me off. (Don't consider that road rage, but people here don't use their horn.)

I confess I feel bad because my friend invited me to her Mom's B-day Party on the 20th, but I just got an opportunity to work a wedding for over 7 hours and get paid. I need the money. sigh

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine