The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

RMB0414 Posts : 1,386 Registered: 8/2/06
Re: Update ~ pregnancy not happening
Posted: Jun 22, 2008 2:30 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

I think Sarah had the baby (o:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 9:11 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Hey everyone - hope you're all doing well!!  I hope Sarah had that baby girl, I think she did by reading her myspace page.  I can't wait to hear from her!! 

It's funny becuase since being on this website forever now I've always heard so many horror MIL stories.  I never had one with the wedding and planning.  Now that her first grandchild is here - AHHHHH!!!!  Let's just say she knows EVERYTHING and I really think she is trying to get that "mother son" bond with MY boy!!  You had your 3 boys, enjoy being a grammy now and get a life.  It is all stupid things, but it is all SO annoying.  Everything I do she questions or knows better or can do it better.  GRRR!  I LOVE having Joe home with me, but at least when he goes back to work this coming Thursday hopefully I can get some peace!!!!!!

Okay sorry had to vent!!

Kelley - whatever happened with that job up here in MA?  And your interview on TV??  I totally lost touch with reality once I got admitted into the hospital 3 weeks ago.  Oh yeah and you asked about all the Red Sox outfits - holy cow we have SOOOO many!  I think we have EVERY outfit they make in Red Sox and Patriots.  We have one Bruins sleeper and nothing Celtics (yet!).  He really doesn't fit into any of them yet, but we did put him in one this past weekend.  (o:  He has onesies, jerseys, hoodies, jackets, bottles, sippy cups, bibs, pacifers, etc, etc, etc LOL.  Even a build a bear in the uniform that plays take me out to the ballgame!!

Here's some more pics of my little stud muffin (o:

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Jun 23, 2008 10:44 AM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

I agree Rena, it definitely sounds like she had the baby either Friday or Saturday.  I cannot wait to see pictures!  And I am glad it happened before she had to be induced.  I have heard induced labor takes longer than one started naturally.  :)

I love the new pictures of Joey!!  He is such a cutie!  How is he sleeping?  My mother is coming out to stay with us from Oct 4 - Thanksgiving so I am sure I will have days when I feel like you do about your MIL!  

I have become hooked on stalking the diaperswapper forums!  As I have said before, we are going to do cloth diapers at home.  Also cloth wipes!  I have bought 18 wipes so far ($22) and 6 one size pocket diapers ($50).   The stuff out there is soooo cute, and they now have alot of stuff that will last from infant to potty training!  

I think I am also going to breastfeed for a bit, then move to exclusively pumping like Sarah.  I think that will work well for us.  Especially since I work at home.  I can pump and freeze really easily.

I love having the crib up in our room right now.  Its fun to see it every day.  We just have to get out one of these days and buy the mattress. 

Take care!

Janice 

It's a girl! Little Faith Ann is due October 17, 2008!

JosesGirl Posts : 582 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jun 24, 2008 12:11 AM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Hey ladies! Yes, Aliyah is here! She was born Sat (her ACTUAL due date) at 7:39 am. I'll be back tomorrow with one hell of a story and pics!

totobride Posts : 641 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jun 24, 2008 9:07 AM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

Congratulations!

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

Wahoo!!!  Congrats (o:  Can't wait to hear all about it and see her pretty little face!!

MrsDupont Posts : 1,574 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Jun 24, 2008 1:42 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

hello all you prego mums and grandmums to be! 

how are you feeling Janice??? CONGRATS ON the GIRL!

Any names picked out yet?  Are you feeling the Pregnant brain yet? because I dont remember if i asked you if she has a name or not. 

Are you feeling her move about in there.. Leyla just wont quit!  She moves so much it's so wonderfuL!

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 1:49 PM Go to message in response to: MrsDupont

Hey MrsD, I am feeling great!  We decided on Faith Ann for her name.  And yes, pregnancy brain is in full swing!  How about you?  Feeling pretty good?

Faith has been wiggling for a couple weeks now.  She kicked DH in the head on Sunday when he put his head on my belly.  He loves to feel her moving and kicking as much as I do! 

I have been working on our registries lately.  I have one at BRU and MyRegistry.  MyRegistry is mostly for a cloth diapers that BRU doesn't carry.  I am not registering for any clothing though, figured the stock is different everywhere, let people pick what they like.  I can exchange or buy whatever else I need.  I just hope I don't get a ton of disposable diapers or wipes!  

I am anxious for Sarah to log on today with pictures and her story!  I love all the delivery stories and baby pictures!!

Well, time to get back to work!

Take care Mamas(2B) and GMama! 

Janice 

March32007 Posts : 118 Registered: 5/10/06
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 11:54 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

As far as cloth diaper go...I love the bum genius ones.  If you get them, and use the microterry inserts though, be sure to get some newborn size ones, or doublers some people call them.  My dd was born at 9 lbs 8 oz, and is about 12 lbs now, and still looks uncomfortable in the large inserts.  she can't move her legs well with them.  Just a thought for ya...

Hope everyone is doing well, and having fun planning or enjoying their little ones.  Time flies. Lila is almost 7 weeks old already...I still feel like we were just at the hospital! 

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: March32007

Time really does fly by now - it's crazy.  Joey is 3 weeks today and he is already growing so much both physcially and cognitavely (haha I cannot spell that one!).  Just looking at his hospital photos to him now is crazy.  They change so much on a daily basis!  Oh gosh and his cord is hanging by a damn thread.  It is so disgusting to me.  I want to just yank it off so bad but I know I can't!!!!  I would rather deal with a million just circumsized penis' than one nasty umblical cord.  They cut his VERY short when getting him out because they were in such a hurry that they said it would take a little bit longer to fall off than normal, well they weren't joking!!!  I can't wait to give him a FULL tubby!!!

We are going on our first family vacation next week.  My parents got a house down at The Cape so we're going down for 3 days.  It should be fun.  He really is a good boy, so I HOPE he doesn't suddenly go monsterish on me lol. 

Last night he slept in 4 hr intervals, which is nice.  He started doing 3 again and mommy was getting tired.  Joe is back to work so he's tired.  I told him not to worry about the nighttime things now, but I want help once I go back to work. 

I am SO anxious to hear all about Sarah's labor!!  I cannot wait to see pics of little Ali!!!!!!!  Come on!!!  HAHAHA I cannot take the anticipation lol. 

Aww my boy is having a nightmare right now!!  He is fussing in his sleep, making some sad faces!!!   Poor little guy.  Probably dreaming about mommy putting him in his carseat lol.  Doesn't like that too much, as soon as I click the chest piece he cries.  LOL, but the minute I get him moving he is happy (o:

Have a good day everyone!!!

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 3:40 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Danille, congratulations on your coming grandchild! You will be such an awesome grandma! (and FYI, my grandmas were 39 and 41 when I was born)

Rena, I'm loving all the pictures of Joey. That's awesome that you're taking all those, you will be so glad you have them when he's grown up! He's looking gorgeous. :)

Nicole, Haley is adorable, too! That pacifier in her mouth looks HUGE on her little face, lol, but so cute. Is her hair getting lighter? When I saw the first pictures of her, I was surprised her hair was as dark as it was, with you and Aaron both being blond.

*Anxiously awaiting news of Aliyah!* 

Michelle and Larry

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

Thanks MrsMcD - I love taking pics of him as does my hubby!  Sometimes we are a bit obnoxious but my mom has negative pics of me when I was a baby so I want Joey to have lots!! 

Oh and I changed his diaper like a half hour after I posted that and WAHOO - his cord came off!!!!  Doing a dance

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

nicolesybrant Posts : 1,359 Registered: 10/4/06
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 5:24 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Hey everyone!

Haley will be 5 weeks tomorrow and Rena, you are right!  They change so much.  Her hair is getting lighter and hasn't fallen out at all yet *crossing my fingers for it to not EVER fall out, I love it!*   I am still breastfeeding, and pumping is such a dang hassle, I am really bummed that I spent so much money on a pump.  I honestly cant wait to put her on a bottle because I get NO sleep!  I sleep about 4 hours a night.  On the upside, today she giggled at me for the first time and it made everything worth it!  I can't even explain.  Tomorrow I have to go in for my 5 week post partum check up.  I am not looking forward to it much cause I have lost a lot of the weight but I can't diet too much because of the breast feeding.  I wanted to be back down to my normal weight it's not too crazy, I was swelled up lots!

So I am dying to hear from Sarah!  I'm sure she is busy!  

Janice, That is so neat that you are doing cloth diapers, I wish I had the time and patience but between work and the nanny we found for her... I cant imagine!  They are all so cute now!  I'm not sure what you are doing for wipes, we are sort of alternating between wipes and dry wipes and water, but Haley loves the wipe warmer that we bought cause instead of freezing cold wipes at 2 in the morning, she has warm ones!  They are at Target and something to check into :)  Oh, and I would just have whoever is throwing the shower spread the word that you will be using cloth and to avoid getting regular ones.  I agree about not registering for clothes... we got so many without registering for any.  I hope you are feeling great!  

Rena, Yay for the umbilical cord coming off... I know what you mean, How gross! shiver

Well everyone take care!

:) 

Nicole, wife to Aaron

...and then there came one more :)

Nicole and Aaron

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: nicolesybrant

Thanks for the recommendation Nicole!!  My 2 coworkers that are planning the shower know about the cloth diapering, so I imagine they will spread the word, plus I put a note about cloth diapering in the "Registrant's Message" part of the registry.  I also have a second registry at MyRegistry.com with all the cloth diapering supplies.  So, hopefully between word of mouth, the registry note, the second registry, and the fact I live a few states away from where the shower is will discourage disposable diapers and wipes.  But if not, I will probably just return the diapers while I am in San Diego even if its just for store credit.  Then use the store credit to buy other stuff I need.  As long as the packages are not opened, I heard BabiesRUs will take them back provided they carry the brand and size.

I am also doing cloth wipes.  I ordered 18 for $20 and they can be washed along with the diapers and I will order another 18 as soon as they restock.  I will probably keep a squeeze bottle of room temp water, or wipe solution around so I don't really need the wipe warmer.  But if it becomes an issue, I will pick one up.  I have heard its hit or miss with the wipe warmer... some people use it, others don't.

Thankfully, my mom will be stay with us through Thanksgiving so I will have an extra set of hands to help with the baby.  My mom used cloth diapers on me so she can show me the ropes!  :)

Argh... gotta run, work is calling... I hate stupid people who always have to argue all processes!

-Janice 

nicolesybrant Posts : 1,359 Registered: 10/4/06
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Janice,

I have heard that about Babies R Us too.  I am planning to use washcloths too, especially for the diaper rashes when her poor bottom probably wont take too kindly to the regular wipes!  You are so lucky to have your mom there, that will be so nice! :)

Nicole, wife to Aaron

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine