The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 1,309 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 1,599

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Apr 26, 2011 2:32 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Remember ladies- do not respond to the annoying vendor or your post will get erased. Someone else needs to report it though as I cannot from an iPod.

We're heading home tomorrow morning. My mom is flying in, I got to talk to her today. Hugs everyone.

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Apr 26, 2011 6:20 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Glad your mama will be there soon Pharm!! I'm sure you'll be glad to get back home!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Apr 26, 2011 7:31 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Pharm, I'm so happy you are both doing well and going home. And your Mom will be with you soon!

Hope everyone had a good Easter! Dylan loved hunting for the Easter eggs. He's officially walking! It was about time, lol. He's been so cranky. We think is his molar coming out. I'm at work with less than 3 hrs of sleep. Hopefully tonight will be better.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: May 10, 2011 9:33 AM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

I am 33 weeks too. I am so ready for this pregnancy to be over. My dr appt for this week got postponed until Friday since the doctor had an emergency. I was looking forward to going yesterday to see how I was measuring. At my last appt, the baby was measuring long. My main worry is the guy they hired to cover my position while I am on maternity leave had a previously schedule vacation from June 1st through June 19th. He returns the 20th and my due date is the June 28th!

My doctor will start checking my dilation weekly at 36 weeks so at least I might have some indicators. I have been having braxton hicks off and on for awhile now, probably at least a month or so.

Hope the last weeks go well for you Agape. Time will fly!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Posted: May 10, 2011 9:34 AM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

I am 33 weeks too. I am so ready for this pregnancy to be over. My dr appt for this week got postponed until Friday since the doctor had an emergency. I was looking forward to going yesterday to see how I was measuring. At my last appt, the baby was measuring long. My main worry is the guy they hired to cover my position while I am on maternity leave had a previously schedule vacation from June 1st through June 19th. He returns the 20th and my due date is the June 28th!

My doctor will start checking my dilation weekly at 36 weeks so at least I might have some indicators. I have been having braxton hicks off and on for awhile now, probably at least a month or so.

Hope the last weeks go well for you Agape. Time will fly!

Posted: May 10, 2011 9:55 AM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone had a good Mother's Day.

Star, I loved you were talking to your uterous, lol.

Dylan is better from the sinus infection, yay! But we think the antibiotic mess up his tummy. He's not eating that much solid food, he's gassy and with diarrhea. But he's been drinking a lot of milk and all over the place. Today he officially started at the toddler room. We are having an evaluation with his previous teacher. I'm going to miss her. She's great. His new teacher seems to be very nice and Dylan is very comfortable in the new room. This moring he pull out a chair and sat down to eat cheerios with the other kids. DH said he looked so old and mature doing that.

Mother's Day was good. I got a bouquet of Dylan's hands. So cute. I have it next to his feet bouquets from last yr.

Yesterday we found out DH's company got bought up. There are going to be laid off at his site. But is going to take months before we find out. I'm trying to stay calm and don't stress out. I'm not good with not knowing what's going to happen.

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: May 10, 2011 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Congrats to the 33 weekers! I cannot wait until I am there.

Agape enjoy your shower! Do you have pics of the baby's room?

My company just got bought also. Talk about nerve racking.

wedding tickers

Posted: May 10, 2011 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Pharm, what part of pumping are you struggling with? I pumped for months and it was never comfortable or easy. I just don't let down well with a pump. I always had to use the strongest setting and just deal with the pain. But, Josesgirl pumped alot too, so maybe we can offer some advice. Happy to try and help any way we can!

I hope MK starts sleeping better for you too!

Posted: May 10, 2011 6:16 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

oh, also, I had trouble finding flanges that worked well for me. But Pumpin Pals worked pretty good. I needed a couple sizes to rotate for comfort and efficiency.

http://www.pumpinpal.com/

Posted: May 10, 2011 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Having issues with the let down. It doesn't hurt. Even the highest suction doesn't hurt. It went a little better today, but I had to hold MK to even get one let down. I'm hoping that that gets easier.

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Posted: May 11, 2011 8:01 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Hello Ladies!

Congrats to you ladies at 33 weeks! I can't believe I'll be 36 on Saturday. I'm really starting to kind nervous. I feel like I've spent so much time concentrating on being pregnant and now all of the sudden I'll be a mom before I know it! I've researched and read all about pregnancy and I guess just kind of figured motherhood would come to me. I'm starting to feel pretty overwhelmed and like I'm so not ready for this little bean to make his grand entrance.

Has anyone seen that show Pregnant in Heels? She does the Mommy IQ test in the beginning with each client and sometimes it makes me feel so unprepared! Are there any books or websites you lovely mothers can suggest? There are a thousand different options and I'd rather not inundate myself with too much information but atleast one really good reference guide would be helpful!

I assume that these feelings of anxiousness are normal, right? I guess it's just coming to the realization that I am going to be responsible for this little miracle for the rest of my life. It's not that I wasn't fully aware of this going in it's just sort of all hitting me at once.

Sorry for the long post ladies. I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

wedding ticker for myspace  BabyFruit Ticker

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: May 11, 2011 9:27 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

Congrats to all the 33 weekers!! You'll have little ones before you know it!!!

Pharm- hope the pumping gets better for you, I worry about that issue when it finally comes too

MrsPaul! WOW!! 36 weeks! That's amazing! I'm sorry I don't have any good info for you but I'm sure some mommies on here will have some for you. Just remember that no one feels totally prepared as a FTM. You will do just fine!!! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Posted: May 11, 2011 10:58 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

MrsPaul - The hospital sent us home with TONS of stuff that I hadn't even gotten to read until I was home for a couple of weeks. But it had good info in it.

The worst is when she cries and just screams for unknown reasons. You can calm her down for a little bit and then she starts up again. The first night we came home was the worst. Though now she is up until about 2 AM doing it and then goes down. I'm hoping it resolves itself....

Posted: May 11, 2011 11:07 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Pharm, Are crying episodes after feedings? We had that with Dylan and it was gas. We gave him gas relief drops and got the Dr Brown bottles. Hope she stop crying like that and you get some sleep. I know is very frustrating. Especially when you are both back at work. DH and I take turns. Hope you find something that help with pumping.

MrsPaul, I love the book What to Expect the first year. And we did a lot of research in BabyCenter.com. Is normal you feel like that. Is a learning process. I still don't know why Dylan cry histerical some times. Can't wait for him to talk more.

Posted: May 11, 2011 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Not necessarily after feeding. And I can't change out my breasts, so even if it is I can't do anything about it. I asked my ped about gas before and he didn't think that that was the issue. Honestly, it's just CONSTANT for the SAME time the past 2 nights.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine