The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 1,331 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 1,599

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Dec 30, 2010 9:02 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

Nat

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Dec 30, 2010 9:45 PM Go to message in response to: mrscreamer2be

Nat-Will for sure be sending up many prayers for you, your baby and your family!! I know you will stay strong, but make sure you lean on someone else too. Take care of yourself and again, many prayers being sent your way!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Dec 31, 2010 8:47 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Nat, you and your family will be on my prayers.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Posted: Dec 31, 2010 10:49 AM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

I'm so sorry Nat. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

wedding ticker for myspace  BabyFruit Ticker

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jan 2, 2011 11:57 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Well aside from Nat (please update us if you can hun - I have no other way to get in touch with you and you & your family are in my thoughts) - how was everyone else's Holidays?

Mine were good, though we had some rough times. We lost a friend Christmas Eve to what they now think was a brain aneursym. She was only 34 years old and it was very unexpected. We're planning to make the Memorial Service (she was cremated) on Jan 15th in Kentucky.

Other than that, the holidays were good. My brother and his kids were here for New Years - it's nice to see them and do gifts with them. But man, they are EXHAUSTING!!! And they aren't even BAD. LOL They are just 10 and almost 9! LOL

Anyhow, my Mom and I painted the nursery. We have a quick coat to do tomorrow and then I'll still have the cabinets and shelves to do, but I can do them a little at a time. And yes, I used good paint with low fumes. But I'm exhausted and sore and my Mom just had a hip replacement 6 weeks ago, so she's sore.... Talk about two sore people!

I'm so not ready to go back to work tomorrow. But I must earn that pay check! LOL

Posted: Jan 3, 2011 2:45 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Pharm,
I'm so sorry about your friend. My thoughts go out to you.

Posted: Jan 3, 2011 7:58 AM Go to message in response to: mrscreamer2be

Thanks Mrscreamer. It was difficult. Still is at times. I had to wait to tell DH until he got home and lost it again. We called her husband that night to check on him. Obviously he's having a difficult time. The baby was very active that day and night - which sort of helped.

Her best friend is a very good friend of ours and he almost lost his wife that week - she was finally out of the woods and then his best friend died. It hadn't even sunk in for him until a couple of days after Christmas. That's also been some difficult phone conversations.

It's a day at a time - making sure baby and I are OK and then trying to help others. So not ready for work today.

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Jan 3, 2011 12:34 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Nat - I hope everything turns out well for you! One of the girls here at work had a C-sec because of pre-e and her and baby are doing wonderfully now though it too about a month afterwards for her blood pressure to return to normal.

Pharm- sorry to hear about your friend. It makes it even harder with it being around the holidays for sure.

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Jan 3, 2011 1:29 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

Nat-you're in my thoughts. Stay positive and strong! And keep us posted.

My holidays were ok. Very tiring... Lots of driving and stuff. Now I just have a huge mess of presents and Christmas stuff to clean up this week. And we're just swapping it all out for baby gear! But at least the baby stuff is fun!

I did some major baby shopping last week and I am really excited. I got her "coming home" outfit and a few other warm clothes that are also the appropriate size. We didnt get much 0-3 month stuff at my shower--mostly 3-6. So now I just have massive amounts of laundry to do. And her furniture is finally in and in our house. It looks great with the paint and the floor. DH and his dad are putting together the crib this weekend as well as the pack and play and swing. Just to get it all out of the garage.

Other than that, nothing else is going on. I am just happy to be out of holiday mode and into baby mode!

a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Posted: Jan 3, 2011 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

It's always harder when it's someone young. My bf's husband passed away 2 years ago of cancer. He was only 35 and only after 5 years of marriage.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Jan 3, 2011 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: mrscreamer2be

Hello Ladies, Happy New Year!!!!! Haven't been on in a while, so I tried to get updated by reading posts.

Nat-My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you at this time. Always have an extra prayer.

NJ-So sorry to hear about your friend. I can only imagine losing a loved one especially around the holidays.

As for me, I am 5 almost 6 months pregnant. We would know what the baby was, but when we went, the baby turned around on us and wouldn't turn around again! Stubborn just like my husband!! Other than that, the pregnanacy is going well and Jordin started daycare today at 18 months old. She didn't cry so that was a good thing.

Will keep you guys posted and I will be updating more often now!

Posted: Jan 3, 2011 3:43 PM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

Hey Diva,

Happy to hear that Jordin and the new little one are doing well. We looked away when the u/s tech looked/recorded the sex. My Mom knows but she's not telling. That will be better once she's not staying with us. It's been tempting to break down and ask, but I don't think she'd tell me even if I did. LOL I thought the doctor slipped but my Mom thought the tech slipped so now I have no clue. I mentally refer to the baby as she now, but in the beginning I referred to it more as he. So I really have no idea.

The Memorial Service for my friend is about 9 hours away in Kentucky. I didn't want to take more time off, so we were going to leave Friday night and try to get a little more than half way there. BUT then I realized that I have off that Monday as a holiday. So I spoke with my boss today and he told me I could switch the days. That will make it much easier for us. We'll travel there on Friday - at a leisurely pace and not have to get up and rush on Saturday. Also, we'll be there Friday night to help out in any way we can. Then we'll drive back leisurely on Sunday.

Long weekend, but really so much better not to have to rush! So I'm very grateful to my boss.

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 10:58 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

PTG, wow I can't imagine not knowing! Well, I should say being able to know and not know. Do you want to wait until the baby is born?

I'm glad your boss is understanding of the situation. Besides you're pregnant and you don't want to rush to get there and your body start aching and all that foolishness!

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 11:30 AM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

The plan is right now to wait until the baby's born. I really don't want a lot of crap that is pink OR blue. Seriously - and then if you find out the sex and ask for other colors people give you shit. I'm sort of just done. Some people are taking it as a personal affront that we don't want to find out the sex (not you - certain family members) and I'm going to end up telling someone off shortly.

I can tell that my MIL and I are going to have some MAJOR show downs with this kid.

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I definitely understand that now that you put it that way! For Jordin's baby shower, we had to so much pink stuff, it looked like a damn bottle of Pepto Bismol! LOL

When is your due date again?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine