Gift for future husband

Online Users: 1,260 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13
Gift for future husband
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 11:35 PM

Any advice on what to give my future husband on our wedding day?  We live out in the country so any kind of jewelry or ties or anything is out.  We buy each other gifts whenever we feel like it so it's tough trying to think of something that is really special.  Same goes for my dad and his dad.  Advice please?!?!?!

Re: Gift for future husband
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 2:22 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

A good quality watch would be nice - even engraved? A good quality wallet? Any of them smokers? A good cigar case - could engrave this to.

Posted: Aug 14, 2007 4:27 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

No watch for my hubby.  I gave him two already that he doesn't really wear.  I'm thinking golf clubs.  It'll encourage him to get outside on nice days.  Who else has good ideas?

Gettin' down to the nitty gritty!  October 13, 2007

Posted: Aug 14, 2007 4:45 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I got mine a pocket watch. But, how about a book? We often do this, and you could write something sweet in the front. I don't know if he likes to read at all, but my H2B actually likes to read Nicholas Sparks, and even I can't read his as they're a bit too mushy. A walk to remember was good though. Any good story about love and couples staying together forever would be nice. My H2B wanted to get me something, but was clueless, so I suggested he get me the book about the making of Lady Diana's wedding dress.

Saabgirl88Wink

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 11:22 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Dear Erika,

Order an iPod from Apple and they will laser-engrave it at no extra charge.

Then, turn him on to all the podcasts available through iTunes. I highly recommend NPR's Car Talk. I am not a true car enthusiast, but I never miss the show!!!

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 11:33 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

How about a fancy Swiss Army knife with something engraved? It's handy and sentimental all at the same time.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

Pamlin Posts : 958 Registered: 10/26/06
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 12:13 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My Fiancé is a huge scotch afictionado, so I purchased a membership to the Scotch Malt Whisky Society of America, and it comes with a bottle of reserve barrel single malt, and I also got two tickets to the Boston scotch tasting event (which coincidentally happens the week we return from our honeymoon!)

Pamlin

The wedding will be lovely, but it's the next day and every day after that makes me truly excited.

Posted: Aug 14, 2007 2:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I went very boring and practical for mine. He has been DYING to see the movie "Wild Hogs" and it was just released on DVD today, so I bought him that. Also there are mats for his truck that he insisted on putting on our registry, and considering our wedding is in 4 days and they haven't been purchased, I am going to buy them off of the registry for him.  He is the type that would appreciate those gifts much more than any jewelry (that he wears NONE of) or any expensive gifts.

Posted: Aug 14, 2007 3:37 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

FH and I decided not to give each other gifts since we really just dont have the money to do so. But, I am going to have a friend of mine take artistic lingerie type pics of me. Not naked pics or anything, just tasteful sexy pictures and then we are going to make a calendar or something out of them.

Posted: Aug 14, 2007 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I wuold say buy him something that goes along with his favorite hobby. For Instance my FH loves playing pool, so I am going to buy him some personalized "balls" with the name his homeboys call him on it. Ebay has a great section for personalized pool balls.

adr ianlovesmarie

Posted: Aug 14, 2007 5:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH and I decided not to give each other gifts.  We purchased our house already, we are paying for our own fairytale wedding and we are doing a week long honeymoon out of the country. So instead of trying to get each other a gift, we are simply writing a love letter to each other to be traded during the time before the ceremony starts.  It will be great keepsakes and can even be framed and placed in our home.  We felt the private testament of our love for one another would far out weigh any gift we could purchase. Plus we are getting married in a month (September) and we can always exchange great gifts during our first married Christmas!!

~Sha'

Laughing   September 16, 2007 is my BIG day!!!!!!  Laughing 

~Don't be so judgmental of others that you forget you aren't perfect either.

TickledPeenk Posts : 175 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 6:31 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I really like the idea of a love letter- I think I will do that for FH on our wedding day.

FH is also a really big watch whore, he even says so himself.  I'm thinking of getting him one as an engagement gift.

Some other ideas could be a money clip.  I got him one for our second anniversary and he really liked it.

Posted: Aug 14, 2007 8:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

What do your FH and Dad enjoy? My FH is a chef and also bigtime science geek. So I got him a silly Alton Brown T-Shirt (Alton Brown is is favorite "chef") that said "Science it's whats for dinner" with a graphic of a fork sticking a molocule.

It's silly, but he'll love it, and it does not matter how much the gift costs, as long as it's something he will enjoy and use.

ricksang Posts : 100 Registered: 7/28/07
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 11:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am thinking sky diving. Or a sexy photo shoot.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine