anyone going off a theme?? Post it

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 37
Re: anyone going off a theme?? Post it
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 7:13 PM Go to message in response to: 5in3

Great idea! I believe its RIT. My grandma dyes shoes with it. I want it for the reception as the aisle way leading from the entrance to the dance floor. I think that would be awesome. Once again thanks for the ideas!!!!

sallythecamel Posts : 25 Registered: 3/13/07
Posted: Sep 2, 2007 11:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

our theme is like an elegant Halloween maquade.

ricksang Posts : 100 Registered: 7/28/07
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 4:20 AM Go to message in response to: sallythecamel

I am also doing a Halloween theme. We are getting married on Oct. 31 2008. My FI picked the black and white color scheme. I decided I wanted  40ish glamour included. We still wanted to incorporate Halloween without it being childish. So we are using the very old Dracula, Frankinstein, and mummy movies as our inspiration. We will be playing these movies in the background on a large screen without sound. The rest of the reception area will be 40's glam.

But in black accents (got this idea from a bride on here)

Love this idea too.

I want my hair like this, including this feather.

I bought a fun orange and black skull and cross bones garter on Ebay today!

ChicaChels Posts : 656 Registered: 10/12/06
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 1:45 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

well im not really sure if its a theme, but i guess pictures?

we rented a photobooth. i am making invitations like ones i found at www.imagegallery.com (they only come in black and white on the website and my colors are pink green and white so...im guna make them) and FH and I made like hollywood stars that were guna stick to the floor of our reception hall that lead the way to the photobooth. (it's in a separate room all by itself) and our save the dates are magnetic photostrips. its really  cute. i think anyway. :)

the Wizard of oz theme sounds super cute! my cousin is a huge WOO fan, and she too has her whole house decoroated with random oz things! :)

Posted: Sep 7, 2007 7:27 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We're incorporating a movie theme in our wedding.

We are naming the tables after movie couples. We are going to try to do movie ticket save the dates... stuff like that, nothing too over the top. 

NewfieBride2008 Posts : 242 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 3:04 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

What a fabulous theme!!!  I love the Wizard of Oz!! Please post pictures after your wedding! Congratulations!

http://www.TickerFactory.com

BethM Posts : 33 Registered: 8/22/07
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 9:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have a thread going already about my idea, a nyc theme. We love nyc, and he proposed to me on a subway ride our first time there together. So we'd like to go with that, classy, elegant. Any ideas?

Beth

MelissaJuneBrid... Posts : 698 Registered: 3/13/07
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 11:39 PM Go to message in response to: BethM

Beth. New York is such an amazing city. You could start off by just thinking about what colors remind you of the city (if that makes sense). Then you could always make everything very glam but still very elegant and classy, just like New York, stylish but classic. Also when thinking about the reception, maybe picture the city at night. It is all lit up and bright. So maybe lots of twinkling candles and crystals. Just some thoughts Smile.

I myself am not going with a theme per say. We are just basing many things off this idea. I love Disney. FH proposed there and we are going back for our honeymoon. My favortie movie is Beauty and the Beast (that music from the movie was playing over the loudspeakers while he proposed!). So I am going with a "Disney" fairy tale theme....sort of. Lots of crystals...for example, in my bouquet and centerpieces. Light pastel colors....purple for the dresses and accentling with blue and pink...plus white and silver to coordinate with my dress. My dress is adorned in crystals and is poofy. I love it! So basically....it isn't a theme per say. We are just incorporating bits and pieces of the different fairy tales with color and style (romantic, classy, elegant). Any ideas how I could use the idea more and not make it seem to Disney (lol, if that makes sense). Thanks!

MelissaSmile

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 7:33 PM Go to message in response to: MelissaJuneBrid...

We're going with a celtic/Irish theme.  I'm part Irish, and he just loves the celtic culture/traditions.  Our bouquets will have shamrocks in them, the BMs dresses will be clover green, we will have bagpipe music playing during the outdoor ceremony.  Our cake topper is an Irish bride and groom with the bride's dress having shamrocks on the bottom.  Our favors are celtic knot heart soaps that we are making--they are green with a clover scent.  My veil (and ring pillow) will have shamrocks embroidered on it.  Oh, we are also having a handfasting ceremony as well.  Our colors are green, ivory, and silver accents.  I think it will be gorgeous!  Smile

Ashleyl525 Posts : 1,590 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: Sep 29, 2007 10:45 AM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

we are doing a music themed wedding...we are both dj's and love music...the cake will be white round tiers with a black and silver ribbon around every layer at the bottom of the layer...then we are having our sheet musiic for "our song" put on each layer...our favors are going to be Cd's that we create ourselves...we are doing tables that instead of a number it will be a song that i will have taken the time to incorporate who is going to be sitting at each table into my choice so if it is the grandparents at a table it will be a timeless song like all the way by frank sinatra (i hope i remember that correctly i dont know if thats who sings that or not i am having major brain freezes lol) and a table with my friends who are younger will have a newer love song...we have a friend of both of ours that is a dj (we actually go to his shows for karaoke often and used to go 3 times a week) play at the wedding and then around 900 we are switching it to karaoke...i think we are singing to each other at the reception but i am still trying to figure out what to sing so if anyone can think of anything i would appreciate it and i will get back toyou all when i think of more stuff

Much love and Support!!

Ashley

MrsWhtrse04 Posts : 116 Registered: 3/1/07
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 2:10 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

my theme is snow. My colors are blue & silver we are decorating with snow and fake ice. All my flowers are white except for in my bouquet will have blue columbines because FH likes them.  

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 11:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We had a slight theme...

Between all of the guys in kilts, me in the Tartan Wedding Dress, a piper, harpists, some of the food was semi authentic (the English guests drank all of the barley water I think.) Oh, the cake.... (Now have to watch Ace of Cakes to see if it is ever there)  Flowers were white, thisle and heather (and I loved them!)

Here are a few pictures:

This was before we started really decorating:

blndsnbrdr Posts : 131 Registered: 9/3/07
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 2:19 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWhtrse04

We are going to be doing a snowboarding theme - we are getting married in Summit County, CO (big snowboard location) in January and then we are going to have a reception back home in WI.  If all goes well we plan on naming our tables after runs at Breckenridge, Keystone, and Abasin.  Then when we go out to CO to go boarding this winter we will take photos by those runs and then make the photos into puzzles (because we are using the quote in my sig. for the invites and such) and then have a puzzle at each table.  I'm also doing little bags of hot chocolate and marshmellows for favors (I think).  Our save the dates will either be two puzzle pieces or a snowboard (DIY puzzle pieces are a lot of work). Otherwise we are using a lot of snowflakes and white lights.  We are steering clear of the "winter wonderland" theme (reminds me of HS prom) but we are really going for the snowy theme. Our center pieces will have candles and 'fake snow'.

I think its great when people do themes and then tie everything together - its so cool to see the ideas and see how much work was put into making everyting work together!

Ticker

"We fit together pefectly, like two puzzle pieces...puzzle pieces you have to pour water on and pound together" -FH

http://www.mywedding.com/chrisandheidi

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 2:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

ooo for wizard of oz - you could do swirly lollipops for favors - like the lollipop guild!  they could be rainbow colored :)

here are a couple cakes i saw online too!

Tabetha9286 Posts : 90 Registered: 5/6/07
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

those cakes are awesome! lol, a bit extreme but definately amazing!

My wedding is October 10th, Although the halloween thing is an adorably cute idea for the time of year, I'm just sticking with a fall theme. I'm going to use different colored glitter pumpkins and flowers for centerpieces, my colors are brown and gold, there was this cute little country looking chapple i wanted to get married in, but my fiance refuses to go there, insisting that its to far for guests to drive... oh well. I also want to incorporate leaves or maybe straw somehow but I've yet to work out those details.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine