How much are you/did you spend on your Honeymoon?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 57
Re: How much are you/did you spend on your Honeymoon?
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:51 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

We are splurging hardcore on our honeymoon. We're going to stay at the Sandals Grande St. Lucia in one of their beachfront Rondoval suites with a private plunge pool, whirlpool, and outdoor shower. Oh, and butler service!

We are budgeting $15,000, which is my entire pay for a year, but this is our honeymoon and it's going to be worth it. It also includes airfare, spending money, and tour money. We're going to stay for a week, but we're taking 2 weeks off work. We want a couple of days just before the wedding to get everything in order, a couple of days after we get back to get everything BACK in order, and the trip is going to include one overnight there and one back. 

Life isn't about the breaths we take. It's about the moments that take our breath away!

Shandi

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We spent 4 days & 3 nights in NYC (2n/3d were a wedding gift from my BIL, and we just tacked on another day at the same hotel).  We were short on $$ & my DH was short on vac time from work.

Good luck, happy planning & happy wedding day

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 11:54 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Really?  $15K at Sandals?  Personally, I would have used that towards Tahiti, Fiji or somewhere else myself, but maybe that's just me.  I think it would be hard to spend that much there.  We were at the Regency for 8 days and spent $6K (less than 1 month combined salary).  We probably spent an extra $500- $600 in tours and Extras.  We were glad we did not get a private plunge pool because everyone we met that had them NEVER used them.

FYI, if you book NOW you can get the room you want for $10K.  That should save you a lot of money there.  We used frequent flyer miles for our air fare, but it should be somewhere around $600- $800 per person round trip.  The earlier you book, the better the deal.  And, if you book online with Sandals you can always call and get cheaper prices if they are ever available.  We did and saved an extra $1200 than when we first booked.  So, it's worth it to keep checking.

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 4:11 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Our honeymoon isn't included in our budget beings the budget we have for the wedding likely wouldn't COVER the honeymoon. LOL. We are saving up on our own for it and will not be able to spend much more than $3500. We plan on going for a week and laying on the beach sipping fruity drinks the whole time. No stresses, no plans, no itineraries! Now we just have to figure out that perfect place and since we live in Washington state, finding a place that doesn't kill us with airfare could be difficult! Best of luck to you!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 11:37 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Dear MsD,

$200 in 1976.

We were both penny-pinching grad students, and his parents gave us $200 as a wedding present. We blew that on the honeymoon.

July4thBride Posts : 381 Registered: 9/24/07
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 2:06 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Our honeymoon is going to be a nice 6-day cruise to the Bahamas.  We're just about 2 1/2 hours from the dock, so we'll drive/find transportation there.  We budgeted about $2500 for the honeymoon and managed to find this particular cruise for that.  Travel is so expensive, and it took us a long time to decide on something.

When is my wedding 

ddboo Posts : 137 Registered: 1/21/07
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 8:13 AM Go to message in response to: July4thBride

Which island in the Bahamas are you going to?

WharfHouseBride Posts : 514 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 7:16 PM Go to message in response to: ddboo

We're planning on spending $5-6k for ten days to two weeks in Thailand during the May-October low season. Round trip airfare costs between $700 and $1500 per person from New York to Bangkok, and then it only costs about $60 to get to and from the island (Koh Chang). I've done Thailand on the major CHEAP, spending only $3.50 a night on a beachfront bungalow and less than $5 a day on food, but for $150 a night we can get a luxary private villa with private pool and indoor-outdoor spa bathroom, etc., and all the shrimp and mangoes we can eat. My family is from the West Indies so it's really difficult to take a beach vacation in the Western Hemisphere without being forced to visit with distant relatives. 

krista210 Posts : 450 Registered: 7/14/07
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 4:24 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

our honeymoon isnt in the buget. we are going to be extremely irresponsible and use our tax returns for them and also probably some money that we recieve as gifts. we are going to drive down the coast (from canada) to disneyland on the 101 and stop at all the places we think look interesting. then we'll end our trip in disneyland since my FH hasnt been there and really wants to go. we're so exicted!!

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 4:42 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

We're spending about $4000 (including air and everything).  We're going to Sandals Royal Caribbean in Jamaica, where food, drinks, etc. are all included.  We had originally planned to go to Maui, but airfare alone was outrageous, so we'll plan that for an anniversary.  I plan on lying on the beach (in my cute new bikin I just bought!) sipping drinks and getting tan.  We're also planning to do things like tours, snorkel, and go on a rip-cord tour of the jungle.  Right now I have a job, go to grad school full time, and am planning a DIY wedding--so I can't wait to step onto that white sand and relax for 10 days with my baby!!

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 10:42 AM Go to message in response to: krista210

Krista, that actually sounds very RESPONSIBLE to me.  At least you are not putting everything on credit cards.  Nothing wrong with using tax return money and other money from your wedding.  It's YOUR money and you can use it how you would like.

Alitone Posts : 2 Registered: 7/10/07
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 3:15 PM Go to message in response to: WharfHouseBride

Hey Keepingmyname,

We're also thinking about going to Thailand in late September for a couple weeks.  I haven't looked into it too much nor have either of us ever been there but I've heard it's an affordable place.  We would definately like to do some relaxing in a somewhat luxurious but secluded place.  Is the place you're staying in a secluded setting.  If so, what's the name of it?  I've also heard that it's the rainy season that time of year.  Have you heard the same and do you know anything more about what the weather is like?  Is there any advice you could give me?  I'd appreciate your help.

Zooey Posts : 5 Registered: 1/24/07
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 4:18 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

We just booked our honeymoon. We're budgeting 5500$ and that wasn't a part of the wedding budget. And that doesn't include airfare-- we used frequent flyer miles. We're going to Croatia. And I'm so excited. We'll have 2 travel days to get there, 10 days in Croatia, and 2 travel days for the return. We're flying into Split, then going to Hvar, and then Dubrovnik.

We booked through Tasteful Croatian Journeys, if any one's interested.

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

A lot of you guys sound like beach bums. We are hitting the slopes! Whistler-Blackholme in British Columbia. 10 days, including airfare from the east coast, lift tickets, and a day of snowmobiling is $4000. It is not included in our wedding budget because we are paying for it and wanted to splurge. 

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Not including our trip in our "wedding" budget per se,  but saving up for it on our own. If we have left over budget (getting 5K from each my dad and FH's dad) we will use it for the honeymoon -- but I don't know if we'll make budget (17K). My FH doesn't think of any of the little crap we need & wouldn't have a cake or flowers if it where up to him. (BOYS!)

We're planning it to be a trip to Ireland, but are waiting until we're a little closer to finalizing what we are spending on what (and time is RUNNING out!) ;)  If we can't afford it, we'll keep saving and go a year later. (which I am super bummed about and really hope doesn't happen). Tentatively we're thinking it will cost around 5-6 K. We are taking a 10 day trip (FH still lobbying for a couple days in Netherlands and England) - so will probably end up taking 2 weeks off work. I may not have enough vacation banked by then, and may have to have a few days no pay if HR doesn't approve me "borrowing" vacation time. Frankly, I don't care, practically nothing will stop me from taking as much time off as I want (except getting fired or missing a mortgage payment).  We're going to take a driving tour around Ireland, so we'll probably be pretty busy, with only a few stops spending 2 days in the same location. Gas will be really expensive over there, so we're saving for that too, and I'm secretly keeping a stash of our cash that FH doesn't know about for souvenirs because I'm not having a repeat of our Hawaii trip. He didn't buy anything for ANY of his friends or family - so I had to give him half the T-shirts and coffee I brought back for MY friends and family. I was so irked. So whenever I find a few of his bucks or change lying around, or doing laundry - I put it in a little piggy bank so I ... errr I mean HE can spend it later. He never misses it. Wink We are both from Irish descent and I'm sure our families will love little trinkets brought home just for them from the old country. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine