How much are you/did you spend on your Honeymoon?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 57

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
How much are you/did you spend on your Honeymoon?
Posted: Jun 28, 2007 11:47 AM

Is it included in your budget?  Are you splurging or being conservative?  How much time are you taking off work?  Are you planning on having a lazy (i.e. hanging out on a beach) honeymoon or a busy (i.e. traveling to a city to do stuff) honeymoon?

I'm up for anything, and I'm looking for ideas.  If you had an amazing honeymoon, please tell me about it, especially where you went, and where you stayed. 

------------------------------------------------------------

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy." --Albert Einstein

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: How much are you/did you spend on your Honeymoon?
Posted: Jun 28, 2007 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Our honeymoon was NOT included in our overall budget.  We used some of my parents free airline miles and went to St. Lucia for 8 days/ 7 nights.  We spent about $5,000 on our room alone.  Then, any activities we did while we were there were extra.  We stayed at the Sandals Regency.  Mainly because it had a/c and I am not a huge fan of outdoor rooms at other resorts on an island with snakes, lizards, and much more.  You can not control nature!  We had a mixture of relaxing time as well as our sun time around the pool and on the beach.  It was beautiful there.  I have pictures in my profile.

I also love Hawaii.  Mainly Maui.  There is a lot to see and do.  I like the Westin there.  Take the drive to Hana.  There is a private waterfall that NO ONE will be in, so PM me if you want the location.  And, there are no snakes on Maui...so even better!

Another great place is Ambergriz Caye, Belize.  It's an island off the coast of Belize.  Excellent snorkeling and scuba diving.  On the mainland there are mayan runis you can visit.  Great mixture and very friendly people.  Look in to staying at Ramon's or Victoria House.

I also like Grand Cayman.  Many great places to stay along the 7-mile beach.  Great food, and friendly people.  They have a town called Hell and turtle farms there.

Mexico is alright.  My favorite place out of Puerto Vallarta, Cancun and Cabo is by far Cabo.  The Westin there was great, but I know now there are many more fabulous resorts. 

I know after our wedding I was ready to relax for our honeymoon.  That is why we did not look into Europe or anywhere like that.  You will be ready for a little R & R.

BritSig64 Posts : 24 Registered: 1/24/07
Posted: Jun 28, 2007 3:53 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

A presant from the FH parents :) We are going to a B&B in the rocky mountains! We are going to take 1,000 or so extra for spending money....
..............Almost a MRS!!!!!

bridezilla1872 Posts : 4 Registered: 6/25/07
Posted: Jun 28, 2007 4:04 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

We're including our's in the budget, because we have this much money and whatever we save on the wedding will go towards the honeymoon and vice-versa.

His parents have a timeshare they're letting us use, so we just took the best thing available on 6-month notice. Luckily, it turned out to be Palm Springs, CA! (We're in TN right now). It's close enough that we'll be spending a lot of time in Joshua Tree and the Mojabe Desert, as well as seeing San Diego. But there's still relaxing time at the timeshare itself. We'll be there 7 nights.

Posted: Jun 29, 2007 4:34 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

We're including the honeymoon in our overall budget.  We booked through a travel agent and spent about $3000 on roundtrip airfare and the hotel stay.  We decided on 8 days/7 nights in Cancun, Mexico this October.  3k is a bit of a splurge for us, but not outrageous.

FH and I chose an adults-only, all-inclusive, spa resort.  All-inclusive is the key word here for me.  All meals, drinks, even alcohol are included, so the only spending money we'll have to carry is for the spa services (massages, pedicures) tips, and souvineers.  I figure we'll be pooped after the wedding and looking to relax, so at this point we don't have any structured activities planned.  I'm considering a Mayan ruin tour though, because FH and I are interested in that kind of thing.  It's going to be fabulous.  I can't wait!

As a side note, FH and I have been to Jamaica (Montego Bay) twice together and absolutely loved it.  The people are so friendly and they're English-speaking and nice to Americans.  But they also keep trying to sell you some reefer lol.  The only reason we're not going back for our honeymoon is because we wanted to start our marriage with something new.

Posted: Jun 29, 2007 1:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We knew we'd splurge on our honeymoon... some of it was figured in the budget, then we had some "contributions" from the family, and we also swiped a bit on the CC (we didn't mind because we paid for/didn't swipe a single thing for the wedding).

We went to Tahiti, Bora Bora, some other islands on a Cruise in the French Polynesia, and to the Cook Islands... we were gone for a solid two weeks. Because we were gone for so long, we did about 1/2 the time lazying around in our room, by the pool, and on the beaches.... then the other 1/2 of the time we did fun stuff - like 4 wheeling in the mountains, scuba diving, snorkeling, etc.

We spent more than we'd planned while we were there (fancy dinners, extra excursions, etc), but it was TOTALLY worth it to us, and we wouldn't have changed it for anything :) It really honestly and truly was AMAZING.

If you want any other info specifically, let me know and I'll post it... but right now I have to get back to work! :) haha

MrsMinor4EnE Posts : 255 Registered: 4/7/07
Posted: Jun 29, 2007 5:04 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

My honeymoon was not included in the budget me and FH are paying for it on our own. We are splurging because its our hoeymoon and we only get one real honeymoon. We are going to Riveria Maya, mexico and we will be on the beach and do snorkling and riding ski doos. We wanted something relaxing but also somewhere we could have a blast. we are spending $2500 for our honeymoon and then bringin money to do fun stuff while we are there.

MrsMinor2b

sept 22 2007

elitegrp Posts : 1,048 Registered: 9/12/06
Posted: Jun 30, 2007 5:01 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Doing this as a living.. I can tell you the best options are .. all inclusives, bugets approximately $ 3000-3500  that will give you an all inclusive, with meals, drinks, water sports, land sports, taxes, transfers and tips.. even airfare... some even include tours.

let me know if you need any help

Cool Have a great day! and Congrats to you

Tammy

Posted: Jun 30, 2007 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Hey How are you

Usually $3000 should cover you if you want to spend 8 days at a resort. All inclusive. A few tours can be included. In Belize, at the Black Orchid Resort its very private and cozy. You have lots of things to do. It also has options fo tremendous beach time but its always best you do both.

contact me if you need more info at nursesobers@yahoo.com

Tannia

jessd0320 Posts : 1,491 Registered: 7/4/06
Posted: Jul 7, 2007 12:50 AM Go to message in response to: elitegrp

We are going to Riviera Maya for 8 days/7 nights and spending $3,114... a bit of a splurge for us. We are staying in a cabana suite at the Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa... can't wait! We're hoping to upgrade to a Royal Cabana suite, which is a separate adults only area with a bunch  more perks. We're waiting to see if we can afford the $160 it would take. 

We did include the honeymoon in our budget as we figured out how much money total we could spend on all things wedding related. That amount has kept going up and then the amount we could save went down (because we bought a house) so we're struggling, but I think we're going to make it.

FH wants to spend the entire time just lazing on the beach, but I think I will want to get up and do stuff after a day or two of relaxing. So I think ours will be a mix. We want to swim with dolphins and see the ruins. I think it would be fun to try scuba diving too.

FH and I really wanted to go to Hawaii, but we found that even if we had $4,000 or more, Hawaii would have been difficult. Its more expensive because there aren't any all inclusives and the airfare is very high... so we were sad at first, but now we're SOOOO excited for Mexico.... if our passports would only arrive (13 weeks and counting... we have til Oct. 1). And we'll go to Hawaii for an anniversary hopefully.

Posted: Jul 10, 2007 12:27 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

We are including it in our budget but we are also registering it on a honeymoon fund so guest can contribute to it as gifts. We arae going to Thailand for two and half weeks and spending $4,400

Posted: Jul 10, 2007 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We spent a lil under $5k on 8 days in Mexico and 4 days in Jamaica both all inclusive and first class

was a GREAT deal

" alt="" width="28" height="30" align="middle">November 3, 2007 I will be marrying the love of my life. Everyday I thank God for bringing us together.

Posted: Oct 14, 2007 10:04 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Well we are doing a cruise for 7 nights and 8 days and not including activities the cruise and airfare cost roughly 2400 I think considering that a cruise has everything included except alcohol I can deal with it. I didn't put it with my budget though because the cruise we paid for and didn't want help with. We are splurging a little bit and honestly I am hoping to be lazy, but still stay busy enough to not get bored. 
On January 19th I will be MRS. S

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

We spent $4000.  That was for two weeks in Costa Rica.  That included airfare from NY, 3 hotels, activities, transfers.  It was AWESOME.

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 8:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are going to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic for 8 days, 7 nights.  It's costing us us a little less than $3000 for an all inclusive, adults only resort.  We really want to splurge on a vacation, go away, not have to worry about paying for travel, meals, drinks or anything.  We will have to pay for spa trips and excursions, but that's not much money to have to worry about later. 

We've actually taken two weeks off from work, the wedding is on Saturday, we have a few days to pack and write thank you notes and we're leaving for our honeymoon on Thursday.  I love having that extra time, I don't have to worry about packing anything until after the wedding is over.

When we were looking at Caribbean destinations, the Dominican Republic was one of the least expensive, and Mexico was very comparable in price.  I would suggest working with a travel agent, ours ended up finding us some deals to save about $700 from the original quoted price :)

I'll be a Mrs. on November 10, 2007

Love one another and you will be happy.  It's as simple and as difficult as that. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine