I need your help girls!!!!

Online Users: 1,322 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 18
UPDATE 3 weeks to wedding Re: I need your help girls!!!!
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 11:43 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are now only 22 days away from our April 19, 2008 wedding.  We have everything planned, and it will be a beautiful spring wedding.  Then off to Jamaica for a week of relaxing!  Thanks for all your help with the engagement!  If you guys have any last minute advice, or anything send us a message.  Any good recipes or anything we should definetly try?  We love spicy food!  Ok... I better get back to work.  = )    But all I can think about is saying how I will take my Kimberly as my wife! ! !

Beachwed Posts : 782 Registered: 9/19/06
Re: UPDATE 3 weeks to wedding Re: I need your help girls!!!!
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 11:55 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Congratulations! I could send some recipes of course, but as for wedding advice, here's a few that we were told that I'm so glad we used:

-On the day of, don't worry about seeing and talking to everyone. Of course, go say hello and thank you for coming, but also remember to enjoy your day. No one will be upset if they don't get 20 minutes with you!

-Take "mental photos" during the big parts of the day. It will all be a blur later, so stop and pause when you both see each other for the first time, take it all in.

-About once an hour, go find each other (during the reception) to just hold each other's hands and let it all sink in.  Stand back from the crowd and watch everyone, just feel each other's hands and let it all in. These are my most vivid memories, when we did this. We also left for a few minutes to go on a walk together, and we went outside the reception site to look in, it was so fun to watch everyone having such a great time in our honor.

Last, just relax and enjoy the day. Things will go wrong, but the tone of the day will be how you react to those things. It is such an amazing day, congratulations and let us know how it goes! 

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Aww congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! I read your post and it bought tears to my eyes!  I wish you and your new wife nothing but the best as you begin your life together.  I registered at kraftfoods.com, and they have simple recipes that are out of this world! They are so good.  I can definitely send you some, and I would suggest you guys register there as well. 

Good luck and don't forget to post some pics!

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 12:15 PM Go to message in response to: Beachwed

The above advise is all good.  I would only add just make sure that you find a few minutes to say thank you and I love you to the parents. 

Just enjoy your day and the rest of your lives together.

Best wishes on a long and happy marriage.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine