The Wedding Day Diet??????

Online Users: 1,331 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 15
The Wedding Day Diet??????
Posted: Jun 22, 2007 2:09 PM

Has anyone heard of or tried the Wedding Day Diet that is supposed to make you lose at least 10 lbs in 1 week?  I don't know what to do anymore I have tried everything short of these fad diets and doing it the so called "right way" isn't working for me at all.  Should I not waste the money to get the information kit for this?  Help Please!!

Re: The Wedding Day Diet??????
Posted: Jun 24, 2007 2:11 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well, I've never heard of this one. However, I have heard that losing 10 lbs in a week is pretty unrealistic. 1-2 is more reasonable.

I know it's tough -- I'm a chocoholic, and I work at a banquet facility on the weekends, so I have a hard time not picking up a piece of wedding cake whenever the urge strikes!  Good luck, girl! 

Posted: Jun 27, 2007 8:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I also had a look at this briefly and the 10lbs in 1 week sounded a bit much.

It would be nice to know if anyone has tried it.

Wellnessbaby Posts : 9 Registered: 4/30/07
Posted: Jun 28, 2007 3:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey girl! That in itself 10 pounds in a week is not healthy for you! Your vital organs will take a toll. Anyhow, I saw that you have tried a lot of fad diets. I have lost 45 pounds in 3.5 months. I feel great!!!!!!!! I am a nurse by trade also a Personal Wellness Coach. I give FREE Wellness Evaluations to anyone who wants to learn how to live a healthier life and look good.  So, If you are interested in knowing more please email me at wellnessbaby@yahoo.com. Thank you and have a healthy day! Abby

Posted: Jun 29, 2007 11:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I ordered the ebook, like a fool.  It's basically eating low carb and then the final portion is basically a water weight diuretic loss thing.  Just eating low carb works fast, or in my case low carb vegetarian!

Posted: Jun 30, 2007 8:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Shame Hun. Don't beat yourself up over it you thought you were doing the right thing.

Most e-books offer a 30 day money back guarantee so why not just ask them for a refund because it wasn't what you thought it would be?

Its worth a try,

Posted: Jul 7, 2007 1:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I ordered it as well..I lost 10lbs in about 4 days-and it is all water.  The diet follows most of what weightlifters will do before competition to rid the body of as much water as possible in the tissues. Do low carb (less than 20g) the week before your wedding, drink at least 1 gallon of water a day the first 3 days, and then slowly lessen water consumption. the 2 combined will have you seeing results quickly-just remember it is temporary once you go off the water and low carb. But it worked short term for me.

Posted: Jul 13, 2007 12:33 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't know much about the low carb diet, but I do know that when I "flatlined" and couldn't lose any weight. I ate only fat burning foods and in small amounts. The foods include apples, pears, brocolli, low fat yogurt, grapefruit(the best), green tea, oatmeal(not instant). Along with 15-20 cardio workout. In the last five minutes of your workout push yourself as hard as you can(sprinting up and down stairs is good). That last intense push can keep your metabolism up for up to an hour. Hope this helps, it worked for me! I lost 7lbs in 8 days

Posted: May 10, 2008 9:20 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

what was the common bath thing? And common vitamin to combine with coffee? Can you share?

08jada08 Posts : 165 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: May 10, 2008 10:03 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am not sure about that diet but I have recently  bought the Jillian Michaels  "30  day shred"  workout video and her "making the cut" book. It is very informative and in the very back she does have a 7 day diet to get fast results for your big event.  The whole book is really cool because it shows you how to eat and exercise to be healthy for life.  The 7 day diet is basically 100 oz of water throughout the day, for breakfast  6 scrambled egg whites with some green vegetables in it ( cooked without oil or butter) and no salt on anything.  One  of the lunches is sodium free turkey (5 oz.) with tomato slices wrapped in lettuce. Snack- 20 raw almonds.  Dinner 5 oz grilled chicken, halibut,or swordfish with unlimited broccoli, eggplant or cauliflower and a cup of dandilion tea.  

You have to follow it to the tea though and of course exercise to "sweat it out" as she puts it.  I am doing really good on the regular diet right now and plan to lose at least 10 lbs before my wedding then the last 7 days I am going to hit this diet hard to hopefully lose 5 or so more, I know the 5 will be temporary but thats o.k. because I plan on sticking with her other normal plan, I love the workout, don't get  me wrong it kicks my but and I am always sore but thats how you know it's working right!!!!

a xhref="http://www.TickerFactory.com/" mce_href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Message was edited by: 08jada08

Retired Posts : 808 Registered: 4/17/06
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 7:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Just beware the largest threat of low-carb: ketoacidosis.

Eating less carbs forces your body to use fat in the Krebs cycle (your body's energy-making cycle,) which SOUNDS all well and good, but fat was not intended to be a large portion of this cycle. It will start forming ketone bodies, which drop the pH level of the blood, thus, (keto)acidosis. Very dangerous, so just be aware and careful of it.

Posted: Jun 11, 2008 1:09 AM Go to message in response to: Retired

Diets do not work! By severely changing your eating habits basedaround a diet program such asNutriSystem, South Beach, and Weight Watchers, your metabolism will actually slow down. Your initial weight loss, from starving your body, will in fact make
your body more efficient at storing food. The end result is you will gain weight. Our metabolisms will perform at a peak level when whole, natural foods are consumed and matched with a proper exercise program designed specificallyfor you.

Email me with any question. I would love to hear from you!

Lauren@ActionFigureWoman.com

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 8:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Weight loss programs should include all major food groups and an exercise plan that slowly introduces people into resistance training and proper levels of cardiovascular exercise. Even if you drop your calories to lose fat, whole grains, fruit, vegetables, lean meats, and dairy should be consumed in smaller more frequent portions throughout the day. Hope that helps.

Email me with any questions. I would love to hear from you!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 9:34 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well, hmmmm, you just described weight watchers.  How ironic.

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 1:54 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Weight Watchers allows processed foods and alcohol to be consumed while trying to lose weight. For example, a light beer is considered to be two points. While it is, of course, important to consume alcohol in moderation doing this will not produce a gorgeous, head-turning physique. If you are going to diet, exercise, and make major changes, than why not look your absolute best? Why settle for anything less?

Email me with any questions. I would love to hear from you!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine