royal prestige bridal travel packages?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 39

cherbearford Posts : 1 Registered: 8/1/09
Re: royal prestige bridal travel packages?
Posted: Aug 1, 2009 12:29 PM Go to message in response to: Shadawn

I just talked to them today. i am getting mixed reviews. i talked to my fella about it, and we figured we should go just in case. we wont buy anything tho, we just want to make sure we dont miss the opportunity if it is real. we will probably leave the money in the car, just to be safe. i dont want to get scammed, but it seems that everyone that says its a scam feels that way because they spent too much money, or they didnt even go because it seems like it may be a scam. i think i will try to give them the benifit of the doubt and not get sucked in, and maybe i can go on a cheap trip!

JH1976 Posts : 1 Registered: 10/26/09
Posted: Oct 26, 2009 12:01 PM Go to message in response to: LeahW

I think the BBB listed earlier is in error. That is located in San Fran...the company is out of WI. Here is the true rating with an A+ http://www.bbb.org/wisconsin/business-reviews/cooking-utensils/hy-cite-corporation-in-madison-wi-17000452/

I ordered the cookware yesterday, and most of what I have read is that it just needs to be used properly. I will report in once I have used it... I am not sure if the vacation is as advertised, but I really do not care as long as my cookware is what I wanted.

parsul6858 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/22/10
Posted: Jan 22, 2010 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsScanlon

did u go to the presentation?..i'm suppose to attend one this year.

Willsgirlfriend Posts : 1 Registered: 2/8/10
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 11:37 AM Go to message in response to: parsul6858

My boyfriend and I just got back from a Royal Prestige show. He was the one that got the call, and I was about 100% sure it was a scam. But, I left work early on saturday, and drove an hour and a half, because I just couldn't risk missing out if it was legit. The product is very nice, you can feel the quality, and the way it cooks is interesting. However, $1190 for 5 pieces (A pan, two pots, and two lids) was a bit too steep for us. But then we got a free set of knives (also very nice) the price was then dropped $990, No we said, already had enough payments. Well then he really made us a deal. $840, but no knives, real nice guy. But when we decided that we just could not do this, as we were trying to buy a house, he replied (in a very snarky tone, might I add) "Yeah, well, so is pretty much everyone here. Take you vacation vouchers and have a good night." SO, now we have our vouchers, I really wont believe it until I lay down in the room. I still feel like it will be such a hassle it won't even be worth it in the end.
My opinion? Go, if you can say no under great pressure, because they really lay it on you.

JessW2Be Posts : 1 Registered: 3/12/10
Posted: Mar 12, 2010 6:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

If you have something good to say about Royal Prestige then chances are, you probably work for them. On the Consumer Affairs website there are over 20 pages of comments left by Royal Prestige's customers and the majority of those are complaints from people who did go to the presentations, bought their products and got screwed out of their hard earned money! My fiance works for a venue that allowed Royal Prestige to be a vender at their annual Bridal Show. This company is no longer welcome as one of their vendors because several of our Bridal Show guests contacted them about being ripped off by this company! If you dont believe its a scam, just go to the website and read the testimonials yourself!!

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/royal_prestige.html

Kirchberg Posts : 1 Registered: 3/18/10
Posted: May 6, 2010 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: JessW2Be

I just received my call today. I called my FH to tell him about this great news because I automatically asked her what the catch was. I am having mixed feelings. I now that if my FH gets even a scent of scam he will not go. But I also have to add that I haven't read that any of you said you were entered to win something, but she told me on the phone that we would also be entered to win a Harley Davidson. Other than that, everything else is the same. I want to go just in case it is legit, and I have no problem telling someone no when I don't want something. And if they feel that they can "crack" me, they have another things coming. :) Going to talk it over tonight with FH.

FutureMrsKlein Posts : 164 Registered: 5/2/09
Posted: May 6, 2010 8:45 PM Go to message in response to: Kirchberg

We went. And got the free vacation. if we had bought something we would have had both vacations. The vacation, as I recall, just meant we had to pay airfare and taxes. But they do pay for the room.

I read a lot of reviews. Some were very very bad. The people we went to didn't have any bad comments about them and they were very nice. I think, kinda like david's bridal, it depends where you are.

Edited by: FutureMrsKlein on May 6, 2010 8:46 PM

fad4507 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/8/10
Posted: May 8, 2010 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

We went to this last night after receiving the call - we signed up for it but we went back this morning after thinking about it and canceled. I hope they acutally cancelled our order because the price just ended up being too expensive - around $900 for two pans and one pot with lids - but it did come with a 5 day Carnival cruise for 'free'.
We do have the certificate for the 'free' stay either in the Bahamas or Mexico but I am not 100% sure if this is real after reading all of these comments.
I hope I am not billed for these pots and pans because we canceled the morning after and according to the form, we had three days from first signing to cancel. I hate scams and I am usually good with this stuff, but Royal Prestige seems to have guilting and black-hat marketing down to a science because last night we felt so compelled to purchase!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10716;6/st/20100729/e/Our+Wedding/k/d2d0/s-event.png[/img]
[/url]

AJMcDonald Posts : 1 Registered: 2/21/11
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: fad4507

I recieved a call this morning from this exact number saying I had won a set of Goblets and a choice of a Vacation package. I knew I had not intentionally registered for this at the Bridal fair yesterday, and they had to get my number from the entry registration table. They want me to drive to go to a meeting and "discuss" these items, but I smell scam all over it. They would not tell me what vacation it was, or how they got my information.

I'd rather enjoy a honeymoon I paid out of pocket for than get a fake one.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 5:26 PM Go to message in response to: AJMcDonald

Dear AJ,

" but I smell scam all over it"

So do I.

cakefaces Posts : 1 Registered: 3/7/11
Posted: Mar 7, 2011 10:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm one of the most unfortunate ones. I actually purchased the cookware (sort of). We told the salesman we did not have the money and he asked us if we had any credit cards or family members we could borrow money from. We almost left without buying then he told us about how this could affect our children etc. and that they would bill us every month. My finace was against it but we ended up purchasing it. The cookware is nothing special. It burns the food and food sticks. We are spending the money we received for our wedding to pay this big bill. I feel very angry with myself. I tried to book the trip but so far we are unable to book it. That was also a disappointment. But I hope other brides do not make this mistake like I did. SO far it has not been a good purchase for the benefit of my family.

torinad2597 Posts : 1 Registered: 3/1/10
Posted: Mar 10, 2011 2:26 PM Go to message in response to: cakefaces

I went to a cooking demonstration last night with my fiance. I read these messages first, we agreed ahead of time that under no conditions would we actually buy any of their products. We thought it was worth a shot to go and see if we can actually get the vacation, wedding bands, and glasses that we were promised.

After the demonstration was over, which lasted about an hour, we got our folder with all of the information for the prizes inside. The person doing the demonstration seemed to be upfront about what each would end up costing us. The trip will cost $39/night in taxes, wedding bands will cost $25 each, and the glasses are $19.95.

We prepared what we would tell them ahead of time, thinking that they were really going to try to get us to buy something. Being college students, we don't have $1700 to spend on pots and pans. We have read that they tell you NIH and Mayo Clinic endorse their product and all kinds of crazy things. None of that happened. After the demonstration the guy actually left the room, the second guy was sitting at a table where you could go talk to him about buying the different packages I think, we didn't want to talk to anyone when we were done so we got our folder and got out ASAP before we could be tricked.

We plan on taking the trip voucher to a travel agent to see about the resort, if it is decent enough that we would want to spend our honeymoon there and possibly add on nights. Otherwise, spend the 3 days/2 nights there and go to another hotel for the rest of the week. We have to book our trip by September. I will let you all know what we find out about the trip from a travel agent, quality of the ring, etc.

I'm still trying not to get my hopes up, just because we got the vouchers for these prizes doesn't mean we haven't gotten scammed.

temer11 Posts : 1 Registered: 3/11/11
Posted: Mar 11, 2011 4:38 PM Go to message in response to: torinad2597

Hey I received a phone call today for the exact same offer and was wondering if you could let me know what information you find about it. My fiance and I are interested if it's legit like most are but that's still the question. Is it legit or not? Thanks for any help you can give!

Septemberbride12 Posts : 1 Registered: 8/26/11
Posted: Aug 26, 2011 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: temer11

Hey,
My fiance and I went to one of the shows and we did end up buying a pot set, but they are of VERY GOOD QUALITY. My fiance is the one who cooks mostly, and he absolutely loves them. The presenters were not pushy to us, and for the couples who did not want to buy any pot sets, they simply handed off the vouchers and were not ugly about it, but again, I'm sure we have all had different presenters.

The only thing I am unsure of are the trips. We have the vouchers, but now that we are finally ready to start planning for the honeymoon, I want to get some more information on the quality of the resorts. I read a previous post where a bride went to the Bahamas, and we were thinking about that option, but again, I don't have any information yet. I will definitely let you know about the ease in booking the trip, any hidden fees, etc...

I didn't think the presentation was a scam, but I am definitely waiting to see what if anything comes up with trying to book one of the trips. We may do the continental trip first, and see what happens.

MsMurillo Posts : 1 Registered: 11/3/11
Posted: Nov 3, 2011 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: cherbearford

So how was the vacation? I just got a call today about this too. I want to know more details. So i just say No to everything and I should get the vouchers? Has anyone got the rings or the glasses?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine