Anything other than DIAMOND engagement ring?

Online Users: 1,352 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

db2b08 Posts : 12 Registered: 3/14/07
Anything other than DIAMOND engagement ring?
Posted: Jun 20, 2007 4:29 PM

I was just wondering if anyone received anything other than a diamond engagement ring? I was also wondering if anyone has ever received a diamond ring and took it back before the wedding to just get a band instead. If you know of anyone doing this, please let me know!! Thanks.

MrsJunebug Posts : 333 Registered: 1/11/07
Re: Anything other than DIAMOND engagement ring?
Posted: Jun 20, 2007 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: db2b08

An engagement ring can be any style.  I have a friend who has a sapphire.  Another friend has a tourmanline stone.  Both are lovely and suit the girls' personalities.

I've never heard of trading in an engagement ring for a wedding band.  I would worry that this might offend the groom who picked out the engagement ring especially for you.

2BMrsHaller Posts : 24 Registered: 6/1/07
Posted: Jun 20, 2007 8:29 PM Go to message in response to: MrsJunebug

My ring is a celtic knot with inlaid black diamond and two smaller diamonds.  So it isn't quite the traditional but it works for me very well.  Everyone says that he definitely knows me since he got the celtic knot instead of just the band with a diamond... they are right! :D

Soon2BeMrsBackus Posts : 13 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Jun 23, 2007 10:27 PM Go to message in response to: db2b08

My fiancee proposed last april, and instead of getting me a diamond solitaire, he got a channel set band with seven diamond chips in it. I think it is beatiful and i love it; it totally suits my style and he knew i would never wear a solitaire. I do get different reactions when i show it to people though. Sometimes it's almost as if they think it's not big enough or that diamond solitaires are the only kind of engagement ring. personally, I wouldn't trade my ring for the world and i don't think it really matters what anyone else thinks.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine