What's your Wedding Menu?

Online Users: 1,286 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 32

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
What's your Wedding Menu?
Posted: May 22, 2007 7:13 PM

So what did you guys pick out for your wedding menu?

We're having cocktail hour with crabcakes, shrimps and some kind of crostini

And then there will be the usual salad and for the main course my FH wants the bacon wrapped filet mignon with the garlic mashed potatos and vegetables. 

And for desert? All you can eat wedding cake! haha! I may put a bowl of M & M in our wedding colors somewhere too.

The Big Day: 9/20/08

Travsgirl4ever Posts : 206 Registered: 10/22/06
Re: What's your Wedding Menu?
Posted: May 22, 2007 7:31 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

We're having a cowboy wedding... tri-tip, chicken, beans, salad and bread. For dessert there will be the cake (chocolate, lemon, and carrot) with cookies and chocolate-covered strawberries... yummmmmmmy!

Can't wait to marry my handsome cowboy!  Kiss

June 30, 2007

MrsMinor4EnE Posts : 255 Registered: 4/7/07
Posted: May 25, 2007 8:09 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

I am going to have an italian buffet. somethin that everyone can enjoy and the price is right!it includes

garlic bread _ perfect for kissing hehehe

classic caesar/ tossed salad

meatballs

sausages& peppers

penne pasta marinara

fettuccine alfredo

and a veggie

My cake  and thats it!!!

MrsMinor2b

sept 22 2007

xNikkiHeartsMikex Posts : 341 Registered: 2/19/07
Posted: May 27, 2007 4:23 AM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

We're doing two apps, two soups, two entrees, a palate-cleanser, a pre-dessert, and a dessert.

Not sure on the apps yet, soups will be cheddar-ale and vichyssoisse, the entrees will be steak or chicken, the palate cleanser are frozen grapes and the pre-dessert will be something to transition into whatever flavors we decide to use for our cake and desserts. 

imghttp://www.tickercentral.com/view/7xoe/1.png[/img]

Krissy3781 Posts : 279 Registered: 3/21/07
Posted: May 29, 2007 11:55 PM Go to message in response to: xNikkiHeartsMikex

We're having a cocktail hour with several things- everything from veggies, fruit kabobs and cheese, to salmon toast.  Things will be werved on trays, so we have to limit the snacks to things that are easy to eat while standing.

For dinner, we are having a "combo plate" served - a beef and a chicken (sirloin and we haven't quite decided on the chicken dish - probably piccata or francaise), then some kind of whipped potatoes (probably either cheese or garlic), and julienned veggies on top.  We will be able to cater to special dietary needs (no dairy, vegetarians, etc, because the club bar is still open to members who are not involved with the wedding - so they'll still be cooking other things.  I should know about any dietary restrictions beforehand based on the guest list, though -I know everyone involved except for some of FILs guests.

Wedding cake for dessert.

Not quite certain on the chicken and potatoes because we're tasting next week to decide what we like the best.

Also, the aunts are baking about a million cookies to be served both during cocktail hour and at the coffee station toward the end of the reception.

One thing that I think is crazy - the club charges $60/half hour to plate cookies!  We're definitely doing it ourselves and always planned to - but holy crap.

Stacey61607 Posts : 22 Registered: 2/7/07
Posted: Jun 4, 2007 5:16 PM Go to message in response to: Krissy3781

12 days until I get to eat this fantastic meal again!!

Hors d’oeuvres

Cheese Puffs with Chutney

Artichoke Puffs

Gourmet Margarita Pizza  

First Course - Salad

Mesclun Greens with Grilled Vegetables

Fried Goat Cheese

Balsamic & Ranch Dressings on Table 

Dinner Rolls  

Main Course

Grilled Filet Mignon / Grilled Shrimp (Scampi Style)Twice Baked Potato

Assorted Seasonal Baby Vegetables

Wild Mushroom Sauce

I just added shrimp cocktail to the hors d'oeuvres.  We are also getting some various italian breads and rolls from a local italian bakery.  We had our tasting back in January and my fiance hasnt stopped talking about how good his filet was.  So excited!!

Message was edited by Stacey61607 on Jun 4, 2007 5:17 PM

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Jun 4, 2007 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: Stacey61607

Great.  Now I'm hungry.

The great challenge of our wedding menu is to incorporate spicy foods while accomodating those of our guests who have a low tolerance for spicy foods.  (FH and I love Indian and Thai food).  Anyone have any ideas on how to do this for a sit-down plated dinner?

------------------------------------------------------------

'To the world you may be no one, but to someone you are the world."

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Jun 6, 2007 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

maybe offer two options...a spicy option and a non spicy option
The Big Day: 9/20/08

Posted: Jun 6, 2007 4:48 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

I think I might make some of you a little jealous - look what I'm getting for only $10.50 per person (buffet)! Smile 

Two entrees: roast beef and some kind of chicken (haven't chosen it yet); Potato (oven roasted herb potatoes); two vegetables (green beans and a tomato/zucchini/feta dish); fresh seasonal fruit; HOMEMADE bread (yum!); a sweet pre-dessert kind of salad; plus coffee, iced tea, and lemonade.  This is all from one caterer.

Not included in that price is the wedding cake (from a seperate baker) and the hors d'oeurves.  Since the reception is outside on my parents' farm, we're doing our own hors d'oeurves during the cocktail hour - probably a selection of cheese and crackers and vegetable crudites.  We'll have wedding cake for dessert, of course, and later in the evening, we'll put out salty snacks to balance out the alcohol and dancing!

I'm so excited for the food!  I wish we could put a little more effort into the appetizers (SanRamonBride, I'm jealous of your crabcakes!), but we'll have enough work to do setting everything up and decorating!

Less than three months away now!

"Love is friendship set on fire." ~ Jeremy Taylor, 1613-1667

Posted: Jun 12, 2007 5:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hors D'oeuvres -- cheese table, shrimp wrapped in bacon, chicken empanads, fruit kabobs and cheese puffs

House Salad

Entrees -- choice of Chicken Gustaf or Crab Stuffed Flounder with roasted potatos and spiced carrots and apples (perfect for a fall wedding and my favorite part of the whole meal)

Dessert is our wedding cake (spice cake, my FH's one non-negotiable item) with ice cream. 

We had a tasting with our parents a couple of weeks ago, and everything was really good.  Hopefully it's not too different when being made for 200 people. 

I'll be a Mrs. on November 10, 2007

Posted: Jun 13, 2007 8:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Cocktail Hour will include out signature drink, pomagranite mojitos (yummmmmy!).  We'll have a intl/domestic cheese & cracker display and pigs-n-blankets for munchies during that hour (along with nuts, etc.). 

Reception menu: Grilled veggie station, mixed intl & domestic cheese & cracker display, mini beef wellington, cascading fruit display w/chocolate and key lime yogurt for dipping (yummy!), sweet potato biscuits with Smithfield ham (the deal breaker for me - if the caterer wouldn't do my ham and sp bis., they didn't get my business!), turkey and rolls, hot crab dip, hot spinach dip, and assorted mini desserts (my caterer is greek/italian - I can't wait to see the dessert display!).  My Mom and I are also making Spritz cookies (a very rich butter cookie that you make with a cookie press) in the shape of leaves.  They'll be decorated with sugar crystals in fall colors, of course!  Spritz cookies are a family tradition for us, just wouldn't be the same without them!  And of course, the wedding cake...3 tiered yellow almond cake with buttercream frosting.  The cake will be decorated with a cascade of sugar gum paste fall leaves - it will almost be too pretty to cut!

And I have to say, being on a wedding gown diet, this thread is almost torture!  Everyone is having such yummy food!  Laughing

Posted: Jun 14, 2007 9:40 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Nardisgirl, your menu sounds delicious!  I'm curious about the sweet potato biscuits - they sound really good!  Is this your own recipe?  How do you make them?

"Love is friendship set on fire." ~ Jeremy Taylor, 1613-1667

Posted: Jun 14, 2007 5:31 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

During cocktail hour we will be having assorted Wisconsin cheeses, sausages and crackers (yep I am in WI gotta love the cheese) and assorted fresh & grilled vegtables with dill dip &  red pepper remoulade.

For dinner we are having: Door County Salad (mixed greens, walnuts, dried cranberries, and Julienne Swiss cheese) there will be a choice of a citrus vinaigerette or ranch dressing (but the groom is having french on his at special request :)  The entree's include a choice of Mushroom Ravioli (for the vegetarians), Georgian Chicken (sauteed breast topped with smoked ham served with sherry cream sauce) or Kentucky Broil (Roasted sliced angus sirloin with Jim Beam Glaze onion straws and sauteed mushrooms). The dinner will also include vegtables (probably a brittany blend w/ green beans, wax beans & carrots) and what I call scalloped potatoes, but they had some fancy name for that I can not recall right now.  After dinner we will have wedding cake for dessert of course.

Since dinner is at 6pm we are going to do a late night snack at 10pm for all of those people hungry from dancing and drinking. This will include Italian Beef Sandwiches and Pizza.

Oh yum I am getting hungry just thinking about this.  I can't wait to eat on my big day!

Melissa

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: Jun 22, 2007 12:25 AM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

My fiance and I were really excited that our favorite resteraunt caters!! It will be an all-italian menu.

2 appetizers-- probably fried mozerella cheese sticks (my fiance's request) and toasted ravioli (my dad's favorite)

2 salad choices

4 pasta choices-- lasagna, pasta with brocolli and mushrooms, fettuchini alfredo (or cavtelli--it's the same, just different noodles) and mostciolli.

and of course, your bread and butter. We will also be getting some veggie, cheese and fruit trays from costco just to round it out.

and we can't forget the wedding cake!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10743;0/st/20080712/e/My+Wedding%21%21/dt/-1/k/11ec/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Posted: Jun 27, 2007 8:26 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Trish, sorry, I just found your question!  My Grandmother raised us on sweet potato biscuits...it's a basic biscuit recipe with mashed sweet potatoes and a pinch of sugar added.  I have a mix I buy that I add s.p. to because I usually don't have time to make them from scratch.  If you're interested, check out the Edward's ham website www.virginiatraditions.com , they sell both the mix or they'll ship made biscuits to you, all you have to do is heat them up.  The sweeter taste of the biscuit goes especially well with country ham!  It's also good with sausage.

I will pull out my recipe box and post my Grandmother's recipe for sweet potato biscuits, if you'd like.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine