Naturally Curly Hair

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 19

mrsuvarona Posts : 1 Registered: 5/9/07
Naturally Curly Hair
Posted: May 22, 2007 6:07 PM

Does anyone have any pics for naturally curly hair???  I can't find much that I like.

RockChalkChick Posts : 48 Registered: 12/27/06
Re: Naturally Curly Hair
Posted: May 22, 2007 10:20 PM Go to message in response to: mrsuvarona

I've got very fine curly hair, myself, and have really struggled to find something that's going to work with my hair. I've been collecting pictures for ideas - here's a link to what I've found so far: http://www.flickr.com/photos/curlygirly/sets/72157600241046683/

I really like this one - natural and not stuffy (I just want to work with my curls, instead of trying to fight them!)

Good luck!

padmelupin Posts : 3 Registered: 7/26/07
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 9:27 PM Go to message in response to: RockChalkChick

I'm bumping this thread because I also need curly hair ideas. Everything I've found so far is either SUPER curly or looks really fake. My hair is curly, but not spirals. Any ideas? To give you an idea of my hair, it's about this curly:
(I'm having issues inserting the pic...let's try this again!)

meaganandnathan Posts : 25 Registered: 5/20/07
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: padmelupin

My hair is naturally curly too. I don't know if any of you feel this way but my hair has been curly all my life and so when its curly I get bored with it  - like my hairstyle has been the same for WAY too long. Honestly the only difference from my high school hair and now (7 years ago) is the length. So with that said, I was thinking about wearing it wavy for my wedding and having the stylist straighten most of the curls. Would this be a mistake to go against my natural hair? I'm like most of you and cannot find a curly style I really like. Are any of you thinking of going straight for the big day?

sallythecamel Posts : 25 Registered: 3/13/07
Posted: Sep 10, 2007 11:58 AM Go to message in response to: mrsuvarona

I have naturally curly hair but, I don't have super curlly hair on top, it's curly but not too bad but on the bottom it's spirals and bananna curlys as  my mom use to call them. but I don't see why you can't get your hair done in any style you want... My hair dosn't go straight but I'm had people ruin straight irons threw it to make it silkier and get rid of my really curly curls before they curl it... or curl it all over so it looks better.

Posted: Sep 11, 2007 11:35 AM Go to message in response to: meaganandnathan

I've also had curly hair for all 26 years of my life--so I know how boring it can be.  I thought about straightening it for the wedding, but with all of the stress of that day, I don't want to worry about whether or not my hair will straighten the way I want it to.  I've decided to be natural, and leave my curls for the day.  I'm going to do 1/2 up, kind of pulled low in the back, with my veil pinned there. I know my hair, and I know that I'll be safe with that style on the wedding day.  If your hair straightens well and you'll be confident that it will turn out, go for straight if that's what you want.  It's all about you feeling confident that day--if you're fussing and worrying about your hair all day/night, people will notice.

meaganandnathan Posts : 25 Registered: 5/20/07
Posted: Sep 12, 2007 8:40 PM Go to message in response to: sallythecamel

My stylist suggested that very thing... running a straight iron through it to loosen some of the curls before making it wavy using the straightening iron. She breifly did it once before to show me how it might look and it looked good. I just can't decide :(

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 7:41 PM Go to message in response to: mrsuvarona

Here are a couple pics of curly hair. I refuse to straighten my natural curls so I'm just working with them!

looser curls...

lovesaidgirl Posts : 30 Registered: 10/4/07
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 12:19 AM Go to message in response to: mrsuvarona

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v227/beautiful_days/weddings%20ideas/hair/

here's my photobucket w/ hair ideas. there are wavy and more curlier styles too. i have other stuff on the wedding ideas, so feel free to look around!

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 2:14 PM Go to message in response to: lovesaidgirl

i saw this page and thought it might be helpful for some of you

http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/user/page.aspx?username=curlyhairbio

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 11:33 AM Go to message in response to: meaganandnathan

I have naturally curly hair and the only thing that will straighten it is The Chi. Its expensive to buy it but my stylist has one. I thought about going straight for the wedding because I love the way it looks but I also like the way it looks when its half up and half down with curls so Im not sure what Im going do.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 9:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have finally come to love my curly hair and don't want it any other way for my wedding.  My fiance has made comments that he wants it straight, but my hair is so fine that I think it will look too flat straight.  It has been frustrating to find good pics of natural curls, and I am glad to hear that I am not the only one!  Thanks for the links and other ideas!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10729;96/st/20080518/e/I+become+the+Mrs.../dt/-3/k/0e98/event.png[/img]
[/url]

maryQsweet Posts : 1 Registered: 8/6/07
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 9:09 AM Go to message in response to: RockChalkChick

SmileI totally agree with you. I looked at the link and this is the best look I've seen. I'll probably have my stylist do this.. or the one with the high bangs with few flowers. I think the other 'dos have hair extensions.

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 9:23 AM Go to message in response to: maryQsweet

curlyloca Posts : 1 Registered: 6/11/07
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 3:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i too have curly hair...FH loves it and would die it i straighten it.  plus, its a beach wedding so i dont want to deal with frizz.  a month prior the wedding, im going to ouidad again so they could shape it again.  the big day, i'll just style as usual with a flower and im good to go.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine