Ideas for a purple and green wedding?

Online Users: 1,269 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 14

Jennififfer Posts : 12 Registered: 5/9/07
Ideas for a purple and green wedding?
Posted: May 9, 2007 10:31 PM

The date is July 25, 2008 and I'm trying to think of neat ways to incorporate my colours--deep but bright purple and granny smith apple/lime green. Also, I want to pick a signature bloom that is available in purple and white. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Re: Ideas for a purple and green wedding?
Posted: May 10, 2007 1:09 PM Go to message in response to: Jennififfer

White not keep the brighter colors to the flowers, ribbons, and cernterpieces, and uses softer hues for the dresses. Irisis are a beautiful flower for a deep purple, and there are orchids and lilies that come in a beautiful bright white . You can also put colored rocks or candles as accents to tables as well.  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. 

Posted: May 10, 2007 1:32 PM Go to message in response to: Jennififfer

These flowers (Osteospermum) are from the daisy family and come in white with purple centers, or purple with purple centers.

They aren't so fancy, but are probably cheaper and I would assume they're available in July....I think they're beautiful... I just bought some for my flower garden.

this link takes you to picutres of the purple ones:

http://www.osteospermum.com/albums/purplealbum.htm

good luck! Smile

Jen415 Posts : 255 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: May 10, 2007 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: Jennififfer

I'm also thinking about using purple and green!  Although I've been considering a leaf green or emerald green with more of a lavender purple.  I'm still trying to gather ideas as to how to tie these colors together...my Mom wrinkles her nose every time I bring the color scheme up.  But I think it'll work and be different than everyone else.  And my BM's seem to think it's ok.

I'd love to share ideas with you.  I don't know much about flowers but here are a couple bouquets I like...

May 17, 2008
Daisypath Ticker

scatterjoy Posts : 117 Registered: 9/27/06
Posted: May 10, 2007 2:44 PM Go to message in response to: Jennififfer

My colors are also purple and green!  My wedding is June 2008, so I haven't made too many decisions regarding decorations and flowers, but do have some ideas; for centerpieces you could float lime or apple wedges in a tall hurrricane-type glass, during cocktail hour you could serve cucumber-melon-mint water, lavender colored lemonade or even mojitos, use lilies/orchids for your flowers, if your caterer allows you could add blackberries or another deep purple berry to each glass of champange for your toast (I've seen this done with crushed strawberries and it looks amazing).  Were you planning on decorating your cake with your signature bloom?  That would be a really neat idea!  Good luck planning your wedding!

(on a side note, I am planning to have green bridesmaid dresses and then their bouquets would have lots of purple flowers in addition to some greenary and a few white flowers...) 

What lies before us and what lies within us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us -ralph waldo emerson

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 10, 2007 8:11 PM Go to message in response to: scatterjoy

I have many purple and green wedding pictures. just contact me through my website and I'll send some right out to you.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

trcel Posts : 8 Registered: 4/5/07
Posted: May 15, 2007 3:45 PM Go to message in response to: Jennififfer

My date is June 2008 and Im also doing purple, blue and green. I dont know if you are planing on your guest blowing bubbles or throwing flowers but it you are I think that throwing crushd lavender flowers is a cute idea plus smells good!!! I found it on lavendergreen.com

Someone Posts : 1 Registered: 6/5/07
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 7:02 PM Go to message in response to: Jennififfer

I have been looking into doing a purple and lime green theme as well.  It is so fresh and modern, which I love.

Lilacs!  They come in a variety of purples and whites.  They're fragrant and usually bloom around May/June, depending on your area.  I put them in a clear vase with a bright green tablecloth in my dining room along with some white candles and it was beautiful and what was initially inspired the color theme.

Posted: Jun 7, 2007 3:55 PM Go to message in response to: Jennififfer

Why not add green to the flowers... Lime green orchids could be used for the guys boutonnieres. My colors are a lighter turquiose, apple green, and pinks.  So I know all about finding bright green stuff!

Nichole3 Posts : 1,410 Registered: 5/15/07
Posted: Jul 11, 2007 2:44 PM Go to message in response to: Jennififfer

Just thought you might like this cake because of you color scheme.

AAARRR!!!  My pic disappeared!! SORRY!

Message was edited by may8thBride on Jul 13, 2007 10:28 AM

Beca Posts : 361 Registered: 9/28/06
Posted: Jul 11, 2007 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: Jennififfer

Jenn, here are some pictures I have in my library with your color scheme.

Wedding Florist

Purple/Green Round Box

photo 3

Matte Satin Bridesmaid Dress

Posted: Jul 30, 2007 3:03 PM Go to message in response to: Jennififfer

Hi Jennifer. Sorry replying so late but i have just decided on something that I am going to include in my wedding which you may like for yours....have clear glass vases as the centerpiece on each table, fill with bright green granny smith apples, and then have the flowers of your choice on the top............ afterwards, guests could bob for apples (kidding) Good luck!

Posted: Aug 4, 2007 4:04 PM Go to message in response to: Jennififfer

THe purple and green color scheme also goes very well with a wine/grape theme.  Just an idea.. I've seen some really neat things done with grape leaves, etc in bouquets, and also grapes in centerpieces, mini bottles of wine for favors, etc....

Hope this Helps!

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 10:02 PM Go to message in response to: Jennififfer

What are you using for a theme? I am using these same colors but I am stuck on what to use for a theme. HELP!!

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 10:09 PM Go to message in response to: Jennififfer

Oh my colors are a sage green, lavender and lilac. My wedding is 8/9/08 in Florida. The bridesmaids are wearing a lavender/lilac dress and I will have the Jr Bridesmaid in the Sage Green.

I need a theme help!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine