JUST FOR FUN: Things You Hate! (NWR but good for Stress)

Online Users: 1,241 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 5,240

StarlitHolly Posts : 47 Registered: 2/23/10
Re: JUST FOR FUN: Things You Hate! (NWR but good for Stress)
Posted: Mar 7, 2010 6:10 AM Go to message in response to: August28th

I hate that I clench my jaw and give myself headaches when on the computer.
I hate waiting to see what's going on (feeling that "possible whoopsie pregnancy" thing with you, August).
I hate when my neighbor plays loud, bass-heavy music that shakes the dishes in the cupboards in my kitchen.
I hate when the mom and grandma upstairs start whining "Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!" OVER AND OVER at the 10-month-old - he can't understand what you're saying, just get off your ass and MAKE him stop! he's 10 months old!
I hate when I see little kids running around with just diapers on in public. Yes, it's cute when you're at home with the family, and in photos later. But not in public, get some clothing on your child!
I hate seeing those "helicopter parents" and grandparents everywhere I go - you know the type - their entire freaking world is revolving around this ill-behaved little child?
I hate when the fitted sheet slips off the mattress.
I hate finding a cockroach in the bathroom in the middle of the night.
I hate screaming children in public and I really hate parents who just try to ignore the screaming child and carry on with whatever it is they are doing. I mean, seriously? Stop what you're doing and take the kid home. Yes, it's an inconvience now but you'll teach your child about proper behavior in public!

Wow, a lot of my pet peeves are about other peoples' parenting...

~~ Sunshine <3 Love <3 Plushies <3 Weirdness ~~

21. Canadian. Living in Hawaii. Stay-At-Home Wife.

SMGray Posts : 84 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Mar 7, 2010 3:58 PM Go to message in response to: StarlitHolly

I hate when my FH gets sick... I feel bad and get concerned for him, but I also have the selfish voice in my head saying "self quarantine, germs, don't touch him, sleep on the couch, purel, bad germs."

I hate that when my mom thinks there's something wrong she asks me a THOUSAND times. Sample of this conversation:
Mom: Honey are you ok?
Me: Yea I'm fine, just a little tired (stressed about school, grumpy, busy)
Mom: are you sure your ok?
Me: I'm fine
Mom: Really? because you sound upset.
Me: nope, everything's good
Mom: What's wrong?
Me: (loud and annoyed) NOTHING IS WRONG, I'm FINE!!!!
Mom: See, you don't sound fine, you sound upset!
Me: Well I am now! I'm annoyed at you because you keep asking me the same thing over and over!

I love my mom, and thank God she cares so much, but jeeez!

I also hate when my dog licks his paws... the noise is gross and he always leaves a wet spot on the couch.

"And so I come, to be the one, who's always standing close to you."- Van Morrison

August28th Posts : 153 Registered: 1/28/09
Posted: Mar 7, 2010 7:15 PM Go to message in response to: SMGray

Holly: I get headaches when I clench my jaw too, it's not only on the computer it happens at work a lot, they're not fun. By the way, Aunt Flo was supposed to be here on Friday, it's Sunday night and not a sign. I took HPT on Sat. and it was negative, so I'm gonna keep waiting if it's another week I'll test again. More waiting. Good luck to you too, keep me updated!

Grey: My mom does the same thing! She always makes me upset by pestering me about there being something wrong when everything is fine! I guess it's a mom thing.

I hate Sunday nights, because I know tomorrow is work :p. At least I have the Oscars tonight!

True love is like a ghost which many talk about but few have ever seen.

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 3:58 AM Go to message in response to: August28th

There's this girl who works at the local movie theater. And I guess she used to work at a Subway close to here that dH would go to sometimes. Anyway, before we were married, when I was still living in BC, dH used to go to movies by himself (I'd go see the same one and then we'd discuss it later - long distance date!).
So every time this girl would see dH, she'd be all smiley and say "Hey! I used to make your sandwich at Subway!" and she'd rattle off some random sandwich order. And dH would be like, "Oh yeah..." while thinking, just give me my popcorn already...
So now I live here too, and I'm married to dH (obviously). And we go to that theater together.
And every time that girl sees me? She gives me this look, and I get total jealous vibes from her.

Seriously? Do you see the ring on my finger? I'm married to him. I'm not going away because you give me a funny look.

We saw a movie today, and she was there, and she looks at me with that look and it's all I can do not to flash the rings in her face and tell her to quit with the stink-eye.

GAH.

.<

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ the world is made of faith and trust and pixie dust ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ 

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 10:16 PM Go to message in response to: StarlitHolly

I hate going on a quick run to Walmart in my sweats looking like I just rolled out of bed and end up seeing someone I know. I just hate to think that that's how they think I look on average. Mind you I do this on very rare occasions, but when I do I ALWAYS see someone I know. And it's never a good friend who's seen me that way before, it's always a coworker, FOAF or casual friend who is always dressed to the nines.

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 10:38 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

I hate hearing the 18-yr-old upstairs mother her 10-month-old. shakes head
It's painful. I want to take her and her mom and give them a parenting course (which I'd have written by my mom, who has 9 children).

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ the world is made of faith and trust and pixie dust ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ 

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 9:44 PM Go to message in response to: StarlitHolly

Your mom has 9 children? Holy s.... Bless that woman lol.

I hate spring allergies and hate that I cant just simply enjoy spring but instead have to love and hate it at the same time because I cant breathe, throat gets clogged, eyes itch and water, and I get headaches. Good times. I hate allergy pills. they all either take FIVE hours to start working, or they make you so drowsy you cant function, or both. And they dry your skin out and ... I hate them.

I hate March Madness basketball. I dont know why, it annoys me.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 10:09 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley, I hate March Madness basketball too!! But DH is addicted to it. I don't see the appeal, but it's on 24/7 in our apartment, thankfully we have two TVs! I feel your pain! I can't wait til it's over!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 11:56 AM Go to message in response to: August28th

I hate that my boss is making it very difficult for me to do my job effectively. And then makes mandates that is my responsibility to tell the lab (that's fine) but then doesn't back me up on them.

And he wonders what the f is wrong here.

Ugh.

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 12:10 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I hate when I set my alarm and then I wake up in the morning and look at the clock and it's 2 hours after I set my alarm--I guess I am so exhausted when it goes off that I don't even remember turning it off. Missed class this morning.

I also hate when people start to tell you something and they go "oh...nevermind..." and I'm just like "well now you have to tell me." I can usually persuade the story out of them based on the "you have to finish the story you started" rule but there are some stubborn people out there.

I also hate when my housemate leaves his lights on all day and whenever I am on my way out I have to go and check his room to turn it off. Even simple things like if he is heading into our living room to spend the evening lounging I will open my door to see his light on and walk across the hallway to turn it off. I have told him multiple times to turn it off but it never seems to sit with him.

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 11:11 AM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

I hate that on the first day of Passover my office is having a big meeting with pizza and cake!!!! Why am I being punished!!!!!

I'll just sit here and eat my matzah....
wedding tickers

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 5:39 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

I hate this rain. Yes MORE rain. Again. Enough already. March sucks.
Hate March. Pointless dumb month.
I apoligize if your bday or wedding is in March. lol. Its just my least favorite month. Nothing happens, the weather is crap and in limbo, then of course stupid March Madness. Bleh.

I hate the couple upstairs. They have sex a few times a week around 2am and its the same thing everytime. I hate them. I loathe them and their boring monotone sex. They are so loud yet so boring. Its the same moan over and over and over, for like an hour. Then more. And more.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Apr 3, 2010 9:17 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I hate that I'm sunburnt and it hurts. It's my own damn fault, but ugh.

Posted: Apr 5, 2010 8:42 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I hate when movie trailors depict a movie to be funny and lighthearted; just a bunch of carefree fluff. And then you go see it or rent it and it turns out to be some deep or depressing movie; the complete opposite of what you were expecting. When I saw P.S. I Love You it was that way. It looked like a romantic comedy, not a dramatic romance. That's how the new Tyler Perry movie looks too. I can't tell if it's a funny movie or a "deep issue" one. Anyway, that just drives me nuts, I want to see the movie that was advertised to me, not something that will leave me crying or depressed!

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Apr 5, 2010 1:41 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

I hate when the trailer for a comedy movie gives away the only 5 funny things to happen in the whole movie.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine