Spanish RSVP wording?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 20
Spanish RSVP wording?
Posted: May 7, 2007 9:01 AM

Hey all,

I'm making my invites and a few of my relatives only know Spanish (some of FH's as well), so I'm looking online for some RSVP card wording in Spanish but I can't find any, any suggestions?  I need it also to include a part for any possible children's meals they may need.

TIA!!

November 3, 2007 I become Mrs. Vazquez! If this is a dream, please don't wake me up...

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Re: Spanish RSVP wording?
Posted: May 7, 2007 1:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

What do you want it to say?  My FH is from Mexico and is fluent in Spanish and English... I'm sure I could get him to translate something for you.  He's good at that sort of thing.  Let me know :-)

Posted: May 7, 2007 3:26 PM Go to message in response to: HLYflute

I just want it really standard. My english ones say something to the effect of:

The favor of your reply is request by Oct. ?, 2007

M______________, __accept with pleasure, ___decline with regret

#_____ guests attending, #____ childrens meals

November 3, 2007 I become Mrs. Vazquez! If this is a dream, please don't wake me up...

Posted: May 8, 2007 12:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Have you tried www.ocasionesmemorables.com? They print invitations in Spanish and you can do a custom message.

Good luck!

Posted: May 9, 2007 10:30 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Krisjoy, I looked there but they don't have suggestions (they may have had one) and my invites are DIY, so I need examples so I can just type myself :-( I feel like the first DIY bride who needed spanish wording lol.

Posted: May 9, 2007 12:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I will ask FH on how to say this in Spanish tonight.  I wouldn't trust what you see in invitation catalogs... when we were looking, FH was appalled at the Spanish translations... he says it looked like someone took the English and put it in the altavista translator... but anyway, I will ask him and get back to you.

Posted: May 14, 2007 11:04 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi Mrs. Vazquez-- I talked to FH about translating your RSVP into Spanish... he says there is special, formal wording that you use for that, and being a guy, he is not sure what it is!  Does your FH or any of his family speak Spanish fluently (I assume they do or else you wouldn't be sending out Spanish RSVP's!) Maybe one of them can help you.  FH also suggested you look at places that sell Spanish invitations (I think he means actual Spanish places, not American places that will do translated Spanish wording, since he says those are wrong!)  I am very sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Posted: May 14, 2007 11:12 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think I found what you need!  I went to the website suggested by krisjoy34, and if you pretend like you are going to buy some RSVP's, you can see the spanish wording.  They have many examples.  Here is the link:

http://www.ocasionesmemorables.com/Verses_Verses.cfm?Cat=19&SubCat=106&SR=1&strTop=Custom/WT/_incEmailHeader.cfm&bNoDate=1&bNoCloseBar=1

If you want to put on there about the children, underneath "Numero de personas" you could write "Numero de ninos" (put a ~ over the second n).  I am by no means an expert in Spanish, but I do know some...I think from the examples on that site you should be able to figure what they translate to.  Keep in mind that spanish is much mroe concise than English... they avoid using extra words when possible.

Posted: May 14, 2007 11:54 AM Go to message in response to: HLYflute

I thought about putting just the # of children, but especially in latino circles the definition is child may not be what I'm thinknig, I was called "La Nena" till I was about 16.... and would have been counted as a "child" back then.  I want to specifically say that I need the # of children's meals... it's a parental judgement call as to whether their 10 year old will eat a children's meal or the fillet mignon we're serving.  Thanks, that's a good starting point though. 

Posted: May 14, 2007 10:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Numero de comidas de ninos?  Just a guess!

Posted: May 14, 2007 11:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Just talked to FH.  He says you can say "Numero de comidas PARA ninos."  I was close... one word off.  I hope this helps!

Posted: May 15, 2007 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm so happy that this topic was brought up. I havn't begun to
search for ways to word Spanish invitations yet, but I will be in the near future, about half of the invitations will be in Spanish.

I havn't started worrying about that yet, right now I'm just worrying about what kind of invitations to have.

www.publiboda.com has been a good resource for me.
There are links available to numerous Spanish websites for every type of wedding vendor (including invitaciones) there. Also, there is some information about  etiquette.

Also, www.novia.com.mx

THese have been really useful to me in particular because we
are trying to plan a reception in Mexico a month or two after
the wedding in my FH's hometown.

Posted: May 16, 2007 9:54 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am SUCH an idiot. None of my Spanish speaking guests have kids so... I only need the basic wording.  THanks anyway! :-)

Posted: May 16, 2007 3:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

LOL, that's ok!  At least you were thinking ahead!

Posted: Aug 6, 2007 2:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was on the internet looking for spanish wording for the response cards and was directed to this site. I was wondering if you found the proper wording and if so can you please forward to me. I am having no luck. Thanks.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine