brides (17-21yrs)

Online Users: 1,296 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3,630

deirdre28227 Posts : 136 Registered: 3/15/07
brides (17-21yrs)
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 11:53 AM

I'm 20 so i just wanted so where to chat with the other young brides. Me and my FH have been together for 6yrs he is 24yrs. We have lived together for 2yrs. and things are great. He popped the question when we were in high shcool but decided to wait so I could have my dream wedding. Everyone is so happy for us.

Post what ever I just want to hear from you.

Re: brides (17-21yrs)
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 4:11 PM Go to message in response to: deirdre28227

Well it looks like your big day is coming up. The next few months will fly by. Everyone may say that, but it really does. I was twenty one when I married my husband (turned 22 two months later). My husband is 24 also (25 on the fourth of July! He'll be an old man, haha). Everyone was really happy for us, too. What kind of plans do you have for your wedding?

deirdre28227 Posts : 136 Registered: 3/15/07
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

It started out as a very small wedding with only 25-50ppl now it's at 60-100  everyone want to come to see us get married. I'm so excited congrats on your recent marriage. Can you post pics.

Our colors are Black and White yellow as the accent , buffet style, outside wedding, 8/25/07, yadda yadda ya!!! LOL I'm open to any suggestion you may have.

GUEST21 Posts : 812 Registered: 2/2/07
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 8:17 PM Go to message in response to: deirdre28227

hiii I'm an 18 year old fiancee & will be a 20 yr old bride :-) Are you in school or did you graduate already? Your getting married so sooN! how long have you been engaged? aw how exciting :-) my FH is only 19 and will also be 20 at our wedding (will be 21 the week after we marry) haha

Our colors are green and pink even though its in september lol. Green is our favorite color and pink is just pretty :-) It's a sit down dinner in like a year and a half lol

~Tati, WIfe to Rob on Spetember 13, 2008   :-) ~

Pirategirl1701 Posts : 65 Registered: 3/14/07
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 9:01 PM Go to message in response to: deirdre28227

Hi Everyone! I'm a 20 yr. old bride-to-be and my FH is 21 (22 by the wedding.) We've been dating for over 5 years and engaged for a year. I'm very excited but I've been hitting a million and a half road blocks with planning and stuff. Because I'm young, I feel like everyone isn't taking me seriously about getting married. My mother (who I'm not close to and isn't contributing) asked how my planning was going today, and I told her that I may have a cake/punch type reception to save money. She said it sounded like a trailer trash 5 year old kids birthday party. How hurtful is that? Is anyone else having problems?

nicolesybrant Posts : 1,359 Registered: 10/4/06
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 9:22 PM Go to message in response to: deirdre28227

Hey there young brides,

I too, am a young bride...I am 20...I was 19 when got engaged last June and now we are geting married in December.  I will be 21, he will be 25.  Did you get all that?

FH is in the Army, he joined shortly after we began dating and we had a long distance realtionship for 11 months...it was hard but it was wonderful.  It made us so much closer!  In September, i moved to Hawaii, where he is stationed, to be with him.  In a few weeks he is being medically retired and we get to go back to Minnesota and continue with our planning!!

Were having a winter wedding at a resort about 3 hours from our home.  There will be about 60 people there.  Our colors are gold, red, black, and ivory....yikes!!

I will say young brides get lots of flack on here.  Its hard but only you know if you are ready or not so dont let anyone discourage you!!!  As i like to say..."If i found at 19 what most people wait their entire lives for...i feel very lucky!!"

Love this thread!  Let's keep it going ladies!

Congrats to all of you!

Nicole, Future wife to Aaron

May 1st we leave this island, and go back to Minnesota!!!

Our new wedding date... December 29th, 2007!!!

Posted: Mar 30, 2007 9:25 PM Go to message in response to: nicolesybrant

Are all of you in school?  How long do you have till you are done?  Just curious. 

I have one more year...when we get married, i will have a semester left...Kinda nervous bout being married and dealing with school, but i just cant wait to be done!!

Posted: Mar 31, 2007 12:25 AM Go to message in response to: nicolesybrant

I graduated from college last May (06) and got married in December. I had a year and a half engagement so I had plenty of time to plan and it didn't interfere with school.

Deirdre, Sure, I'll post two links to my wedding photos. The first is a link to a slideshow my photograher put together of his favorite photos of the day, and the second link is a preview of the layout of our wedding album. Some of the pictures are the same, but not all

Slideshow:

www.photographybyscott.com/slideshows/zuege

Album layout:

http://www.photographybyscott.com/albums/zuegealbum/

JessesFutureWif... Posts : 486 Registered: 10/8/06
Posted: Mar 31, 2007 6:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi Everyone,

Both FH and I are 21 now and I will be about a week away from my 23rd birthday when we get married. We set the date for Sept. 21, 2008 so about a year and a half. Almost everyone is excited for us and helping. We put a deposit down for the ceremony/reception site, we picked who we want in the Bridal Party we chose 3 people each. Um. I'm still in school until December. I found out I finish all of my classes by the end of the fall semester YAY. I'm so excited to be graduating before my wedding. FH will still be in school because he can't decide on a major. My mother made a wedding website for us www.tandjwedding.com I think we got alot accomplished but there still is so much to do. Feel free to send me a message

Posted: Mar 31, 2007 6:26 PM Go to message in response to: nicolesybrant

I'm actually just a freshman :-) But i will be a junior by the time i get married so i will have pretty much a full two years left. FH is done in may ecause he just took a certification course so he'll be supporting us for the most part right after our wedding. I will help with part time jobs and stuff.. hopefully by then i'll be an okay real estate agent and be able to bring in good money even though I'm still in school :-)  I'm not very nervous about being in school at the same time, i think it'll be exciting.... or maybe it just hasn't hit yet haha

Posted: Mar 31, 2007 7:24 PM Go to message in response to: deirdre28227

I am 21 years old been with my FH for 2 years and we are happy
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10716;89/st/20070721/e/Jon+%26amp%3B+My+Wedding/k/76e9/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Posted: Mar 31, 2007 10:44 PM Go to message in response to: GUEST21

We have the same colors! My fiancee's last name is Green, and my favorite color is pink, so it's perfect. I'm 18, and I'll be either 19 or 20 when we get married. We can decide on a date. But when I know, I'll let you know. I totally agree with Nicole, it's hard being a young bride out in the "real world" and being on here doesn't make it any easier. You just gotta suck it and deal with it. But you have other young brides to complain to, also!

Posted: Apr 1, 2007 1:54 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Seriously ladies, I am sooooo tired of going on EVERY single thread on these boards and getting knocked for my age.  With the exception of a few, no one on here knows me well enough to tell me if i am too young to get married or not.  GRRR!  I could tell someone i am having issues with my guest list and they would be like..."OH, you are 20?  Maybe thats why you are having problems!  Maybe you should wait!!" AHHH!  Seriously, I feel bad for you mature 18 year olds who have your shi* figured out and know you want to get married.  Of course, there are plenty of young couples who dont make it....but to automatically assume that young brides are dumb enough to not know what they are getting themselves into is just dumb!!! I really feel like putting in my profile... DONT PICK ON ME CAUSE IM YOUNG!!! Hahaha. 

Ok, Im sorry for being so negative...I feel much better.  Thanks for listening to my vent.  For those of you who are experiencing what I am, keep your chin up and do everything you can think of to prepare yourself for marriage, including pre-marital counseling (I know ive told a lot of you that, but seriously...it is AMAZING!) 

Ariel, (can i call you that on here?)  Do WE have the same colors??  You replied to someone else but then you brought up our last name, so i wasn't sure!  If so awesome, elaborate...cause i just changed my colors and my wedding date and i need decorating ideas!  Hows your school project coming??

Oh and thanks a bunch for sticking up for me in that stats thread...

Lets all keep this thread going, i think we could all use some support!

Have a good one!!!!

(HUGS) Laughing

Posted: Apr 1, 2007 12:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

lol that is soo cool!! i love the combination.. its really beautiful. But are you having a hard time finding things with that color schemE? the onlything i found with those colors is a cake. i can't find invitations or anything else so ill probably have to do DIY invitations and save the dates. Which isn't bad because I'll entertain myself for the year and a half left before my wedding lol. Wen is your anniversary with FH? that's how we picke dour date just in case it helps..

Anyway, i barely get anything about my being young, i mean not from anyone that matters. Everyone in my family has gotten married young so its not that weird for them. It's worked out pretty good i think :-) My family is really happy for us and helping out tremendously. We are very lucky.

As for strangers, thye love critizing my age lol but i just laugh it off and say someting like what nicole says. I was lucky enough to find at 18 wut others spend a life time looking for thats all.

i love this thread btw :-)

Posted: Apr 1, 2007 12:54 PM Go to message in response to: nicolesybrant

You can call me either ariel or sahar. It doesnt really matter to me. Anyway, I was telling YoungMrsSchwagger (sp?) that we have the same colors - green and pink. What are your colors? My project isn't due until May, I think, so I haven't done much. My annotated bib was due last week, and my interview questions are due in like three weeks. I need to start working on the actual doc, but I'm so distracted. I swear I can't concentrate on anything. My friend told me I need to go see a counsler - just as you did. I'm a nutcase! LOL.  

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine