Grand entrance song....for those with a DJ

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 31

JosesGirl Posts : 582 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Grand entrance song....for those with a DJ
Posted: May 15, 2007 12:17 PM Go to message in response to: SaucyMrsK

Jan777, have you considered using Mission Impossible for the garter removal? That's what we did and it was definitely cute!! My husband got down on his hands and knees and crawled to me, laid down on his back and slid under my dress, used his teeth to remove the garter 1/2 way, came out for air, went back under and finished taking it off with his teeth. He got a HUGE round of applause from our guests!!!

RedStormGirl Posts : 184 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 17, 2007 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: SaucyMrsK

We're thinking about "Two Step" by Dave Matthews Band...its just a fun, upbeat song.....and DMB is our favorite band :)

Posted: Jun 4, 2007 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

I love that idea with the Mission Impossible song for the garter!! I just might use it. Thanks!!

link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/
image noborderhttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10722;105/st/20070609/e/I+marry+my+boobie%21%21%21/dt/1/k/f1e4/event.png[/image]
[/link]

Posted: Jun 8, 2007 10:15 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

FH & I are entering to "A Thing Called Love" by the Darkness.

I love the mission impossible theme for the garter removal. Def. stealin that one

Posted: Jun 8, 2007 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My brother is a firefighter, so they used Ring of Fire. My friend and her husband walked in to the theme from the A Team, which was fun. 

BobbyK Posts : 7 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Jun 13, 2007 8:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm not a lady but I am a DJ . There are some good ideas in this forum . If I could stress one point - be sure there are no vocals in the piece while the wedding party is being introduced .

DJ's do get plenty excited about the Grand Entrance . That sets the tone for the whole event . It is the foundation upon which the rest of the event is built .

As a matter of fact, I worked a wedding last week in which I introduced the bridal party to "Eye of The Tiger" . It was a small wedding party so I was able to introduce everyone before the vocal started - but it was close ! Then I cut to the "Rocky" theme for the bride and groom's intros (they were big into sports & boxing, I guess .

Also, remember that when you interview your DJ, try to detect if he really loves what he does or if he looks at like a chore . The right DJ will be genuinly enthusiastic , a good listener and have the ability to share you special vision for your special day .

Bobby K

www.bobkern.com

Posted: Jun 14, 2007 8:09 PM Go to message in response to: RedStormGirl

FidanzataBella- Me too!  LOVE that song (and most of their others).  I'm definitely using it somewhere in the wedding.

Posted: Jun 16, 2007 7:27 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have finally decided on all the songs for our activities at the reception.  Here they are...let me know what you think!

Parents Grand Entrance...Austin Powers Theme

Bridal Party Grand Entrance...Jungle Boogie - Kool & The Gang

Bride and Groom Grand Entrance...You're the First, My Last, My Everything - Barry White

First Dance...You and I - Michael Buble

Cake Cutting...How Sweet It Is - Michael Buble

Bouquet Toss...Milkshake - Kelis

Garter Removal...Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye

Garter Toss...SexyBack - Justin Timberlake

Garter Toss catch/Bouqet Toss cath couple...Don't Cha - Pussycat Dolls

Mother/son dance...Unforgettable - Nat King Cole/Natalie Cole

Mother/daughter dance (my mom is giving me away)...Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder (this song came out the day I was born)

Bride sings to Groom...At Last - Etta James

Bride and Groom last dance...Our Love is Here to Stay - Ella Fitzgerald

Posted: Jun 20, 2007 11:14 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are doing The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson....the begining is really fun plus it really makes you feel like strutting your stuff.  I am thinking about getting all the bridesmaids boas to wear and having everyone wear their sunglasses as we enter!

Posted: Jun 20, 2007 5:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Possibly "Don't Stop Believin" by Journey - no-brainer for us Sopranos-lovin Jersey folk!

Posted: Jun 20, 2007 7:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

"We're Bringin' Sexy Back" literally....haha

Posted: Jun 21, 2007 1:19 AM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

We're thinking Blister in the Sun by the Violent Femmes is we're doing a grand entrance.  He also wants to announce loudly during the first dance, in his best Doctor Who, "Rose I jus remembered.  I can dance!"

"Yes I've been in love before.  Once or Twice been on the floor but I've never love no one the way I love you."

~Paul Simon

5/31/08

immigrants Posts : 349 Registered: 4/24/07
Posted: Jun 27, 2007 1:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are also from Michigan and I have been to a few weddings that used Lets Get It Started and the room went wild. We too are Piston fans good choice. Good luck to you. My daughter is unsure of what song she is using yet.

immigrants Posts : 349 Registered: 4/24/07
Posted: Jun 27, 2007 1:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am a 51 year old mother of the bride and I love that song eventhough I am far from being sexy LOL. Good luck to all of you and have fun.

Posted: Jul 10, 2007 11:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Me and my FH are HUGE geeks...we are thinking about the Indiana Jones theme, or the Mario Brothers theme song.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine