Beware of Free Vacation From Simplicity Gourmet

Online Users: 1,277 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 105
Beware of Free Vacation From Simplicity Gourmet
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 9:12 PM

We recieved a phone call from Simplicity Gourmet. The person on the phone said that we had won an all-inclusive 7 day, 6 night vacation, no catch, no money exchanging hands. All we had to do was listen to a 90 minute sales pitch on (over priced) cookware. All we got from our time was a brochure from Integra Marketing which asked us to register, pay $50, for a 3 day,2 night stay, nothing included at the time share we choose, if it's available. I checked it out and have read about many that have tried it and got ripped off.

Re: Beware of Free Vacation From Simplicity Gourmet
Posted: Mar 31, 2007 12:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My soon to be wife and I won the same.  Sounds very shady to me.

They say we have to pay for the hotel and state taxes, and we can only travel at non-peak times to avoid fees. Never said this on the phone when I talk to them.  It was for 7 days six nights all expenses paid.  Doesn't sound like that now.  You never get anything for nothing, no matter how good it sounds.

Thanks 

LaurenS Posts : 2 Registered: 4/23/07
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 4:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I got the phone call too.  I went to the 90-min sales pitch.  I fell in love with the cookware, was able to talk the guy down in price and purchased.  It is rediculously expensive however.  If you are a couple who is pressed for money, I wouldn't do it.  and be careful if you do the financing through them, it seems wonderful, but just remember it's like having a loan.  i think it's a high interest rate too.  I purchased with a CC.  The trip is an incentive trip, the company that organizes the incentive program is Integra Marketing.  The trip is legit, but yes, there are catches, like paying the taxes and paying for travel expenses.  Most destinations however were in teh United States (some examples, Lake Tahoe, Las Vegas, Virginia Beach, Orlando etc.) they did offer some Europe and Mexico.  Just make sure you read everything.  Simplicity Gourmet and the cookware they sell (manufactured by New Era, Inc) are real, they are both real companies.  New Era, previously Vollrath, has been around since the 40s.  There are actually people ( i know some) who have owned this kind of cookware for 20+ years and still love it.  It's an investment, it depends on what it's worth to you.  I liked it and had the means to splurge.  But the offer from Simplicity Gourmet is not a scam, it is a sales tactic though.  I cannot speak to other companies that sound similar, i've read a number of reports (and the people from Simplicity Gourmet confirmed) that the company called Royal Prestige does scam people.  so with anything peaple, just be careful and READ EVERYTHING!  After I take the vacation I'll let you know how it went.

Posted: May 30, 2007 9:44 AM Go to message in response to: LaurenS

Have you gone on the vacation yet. I got the call yesterday, and we are still going to the show even though we aren't sure if it's worth it. They called themselves Simplicity Bride, but when I called them back to ask for their website they said it was under contruction but it was under the name Simplicity Gourmet. So from what everyone is saying i think it may okay. Please let me know!

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Jun 11, 2007 7:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Has anybody done this and actually gotten a free vacation? I got a call from them today and was wondering if it was some sort of scam. I'm smart enough to not give them my money (not that I have much to give away anyway...), but I don't want to waste my time, since I don't have much of that, either! 

I could use a free vacation, though - if they're actually going to give me one. And I do need new cookware and wanted to buy good quality this time - but I figured I'd register for it. Can anybody give me more information about this? 

Posted: Jun 18, 2007 7:39 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Hello i went to a meeting just a few days ago.it was 90min but it was a quick 90 min the person speaking was very funny. yes they  try to sell you pot an other things but you dont have to buy it if you dont want to an like all sales people thats how they make there living. i am in sales an everyday i have to do the same thing but i always let people know you dont have to buy anything.the pot an pans though show you makes you want to buy an we did but like we all say you only live once i am not a rich person but i no ive spent money on stuff that i didnt need this is something that i can see.they are high though.i think mine set was about 2000 but i didnt give any money up front an they say it takes about 2to 5 weeks before you recieve it. at the end they give you a something that you have to mail off so you can get your packet

in the mail an they you can start looking for your trip our is for a 7night8day condo vacation i going to try it let you no more when i recive the other part they say it takes about 7 days to get

MiJoMy Posts : 245 Registered: 2/15/07
Posted: Jun 18, 2007 7:59 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I listened to this the first time, and now I always hang up. I say always because they have been calling 3 times a week. Anyone who tries that hard to give you something "free" knows they are going to benefit more than having you listen to a cookware pitch.

Posted: Jul 15, 2007 6:41 PM Go to message in response to: MiJoMy

Forget the vacation - now I feel like an idiot because I actually bought a bunch of the stuff when I went to the presentation.  Has anyone actually gotten and used any of Simplicity Gourmet's things?  Do they like it?  I checked online when I got home and the salesperson flat out lied about the warranty.  As always under the law, you have three days to cancel a contract, and I think I might.  Someone please let me know what the actual PRODUCT is like!!!! QUICKLY!  I only have 2 days left!

Posted: Jul 17, 2007 9:57 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was called yesterday. I told the sales rep that I couldn't make it either day, not knowing it was a scam.  She told me I could stop by and pick up the "free gift."  When she tried to get off the phone, I asked for the claim # and she "forgot."  "Oh, did I not give that to you? I'm sorry." Ummm... yeah right.  Tell your friends about the SCAM.

Posted: Aug 8, 2007 9:37 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just got a phone call a couple of minutes ago telling me I won a vacation for 8 days 7 nights from Simplicity Bride and I knew something wasn't right with what they were telling me. They also said I had a free membership and a camera with film development discount. The cooking show is tomorrow at some hotel and I really don't think I show go but if the vacation is real, I want it. I just don't know what to do.

Posted: Aug 21, 2007 1:16 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Me and my now husband went on the condo trip, we had to pay for our taxes and a reservation fee and it ended up being about 200 dollars but it is a 2 bedroom and we called the hotel directly and for the week to stay was 1400 dollars. The condo was very nice. We enjoyed a weeks vacation in june to orlando. So it is not a scam at all. We use the membership all the time we saved almost 1000 dollars compared to the sandals website so if you like to travel or just want to use the condo its worth the 90 minutes and trust me it wasnt bad at all and even if you dont get the cookware it was a fun presentation, but the cookware is awesome definitely an investment that will last me a lifetime, my grandmother has had the same cookware for 30 years.

Posted: Aug 22, 2007 8:35 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I went to the presentation and the cookware seemed great, but I was not about to pay $3200 for cookware. I don't care how great it is and how great the payments are. It's great if others do this, but to be honest, we went just for the free trip. I was curious to see if anyone had actually taken a trip and am relieved to see they have. We were going to use this condo trip as our honeymoon next June. I'm going to send in the card, and I'll, update once I get something back from them.

OnigiriArmy Posts : 168 Registered: 6/7/07
Posted: Aug 27, 2007 10:33 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I know it's a little after the fact, but I just recieved 2 calls in3 days from them. Anyone know if they stop calling or if you have to return thier call to get them to stop? They're calling my office too & I have NO clue where they got that number.
Just curious...

Posted: Aug 29, 2007 10:29 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

So you are telling me that this isn't a scam...I just got the phone call today.  What all did you have to do to get the package....did you have to sign your life away?  We are going Friday to the show, and I understand that we have to pay air....it just sounds fishy and way to good to be true.

Posted: Aug 31, 2007 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just got off the phone with these people also. He said either I signed up or someone signed me up for their give-away contest.  I was thing of going to the show on Friday too. Are they pushy or anything?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine