Punch? Are you serving it and what kind?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11
Punch? Are you serving it and what kind?
Posted: Mar 8, 2007 3:04 PM

My wedding and reception are both outside on May 5th. It should be in the low 70's. We were thinking of having lemonade instead of punch but I can't decide.

Are you having punch and if so what kind?

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Punch? Are you serving it and what kind?
Posted: Mar 9, 2007 2:13 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I had champagne punch. I've also done margaritas as a punch. But it sounds like you might want a non-alcoholic punch. Try a site like epicurious.com for punch recipes.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

Posted: Mar 9, 2007 6:54 AM Go to message in response to: myra

Yeah we figured we would do a non-alcoholic punch to serve with the cake and throughtout the reception I guess. We will have plenty of beer though. :)

Thanks Myra

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 2:02 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Maybe you could have one bowl of punch, and one of lemonade, to offer a little variety? Just a thought. :)

Posted: Mar 14, 2007 7:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My favorite punch (and I actually got it off the epicurious.com website) is made with fresh ginger (boil fresh ginger in sugar water) & pineapple juice, add a little lemon & line juice and sparkling water. It is soooo good, sweet and spicy and refreshing. It's also fabulous spiked with rum...lol.

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 3:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ours will be 1 can each cranberry, lemonade and limeade, plus sprite or 7 up soda.  Not spiking it as we will have kids and people who don't drink there also.  This isn't super sweet, and, we wanted to keep it red without the hawaiian punchy stuff.  Recipe off epicurious also.  Thanks, Myra!!  We had a hard time finding a recipe that we liked.

Posted: Mar 22, 2007 6:59 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

We have a champagne fountain so we wanted a light colored punch (and it doesn't stain! : ) use ginergerale, white grape juice, and apple juice - one regular sized bottle of each (use only 3/4 of the gingerale to the others) I promise it will be a hit!

Posted: Mar 29, 2007 10:53 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

im gonna have lemon-lime ade, southern sweet tea, sodas and juices....and i might use that punch recipe that was on the post thats before mine

SHANDA & KEVIN

~~ LOVE @FIRST BITE Wink~~

AUGUST 22 2007

http://www.tickercentral.com"> border="0" src="http://www.tickercentral.com/view/823p/2.png">>

Posted: Apr 5, 2007 1:35 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Daughter's wedding is Sept. 1. We ARE having punch, but having a hard time finding a good recipe! We have searched EVERYWHERE! We are having a punch fountain, so need a punch with no pulp of any kind, no fruits, foamy, or slushy punch. No ice creams. Also would prefer nothing with a carbonated drink ( such as ginger ale ) if we can get by without it, as it needs to be added to the fountain base every 15 minutes in order to keep the punch from going flat! I don't want to baby sit the punch fountain all evening. Non-alcoholic ( as kids attending ) and a light PINK in color!!! Not to "picky" are we? LOL  Anyone with any ideas on a recipe we can use? Thanks and good luck on your wedding!

Posted: Apr 5, 2007 6:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are serving punch, it's a really tasty mixed berry punch called "Portland Punch" you can find it all over here in oregon, but i think if you search google you can find it to order.  It's inexpensive and REALLY good.

Posted: Apr 18, 2007 6:31 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Here is a link to some great punch recipes (perfect for a beverage fountain) and also some grea tips for using a champagne fountain:

http://reviews.ebay.com/CHAMPAGNE-PUNCH-BEVERAGE-FOUNTAIN-RECIPES-amp-TIPS_W0QQugidZ10000000002319790

jojolina Posts : 897 Registered: 2/28/07
Posted: Apr 18, 2007 6:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

we are having leomonade and ice tea.

someone mentioned sweet tea.  we do have a lot of southerners coming...thanks for reminding me. we need some sweet tea too!  also quite a few diabetics...so i better have an sugar substituted on too!  thanks!

www.mywedding.com/lorrieandchris

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine