TV Thread!!! Discuss IDOL, DWTS, THE OFFICE, HOUSE,whatever....

Online Users: 1,262 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3,307

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Re: TV Thread!!! Discuss IDOL, DWTS, THE OFFICE, HOUSE,whatever....
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 7:46 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I felt like Jake was going to pick Ali to be his wife but now that she's gone, he's screwed. I think Tenley is the best pick of whose left but I don't really like her either. Ever since Ella left, I'm not too interested anymore. I agree about him watching her dance tho. She's way too emotional for me. Her whole damn family was crying!

I'm soooooooooo looking forward to Hollywood week tonight! I'm interested in who Ellen will like. I think she knows the difference between good/bad entertainers.

Mrs. Pinky

006-2.jpg picture by jenny3_26_05Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 8:33 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Bachelor

I think the whole thing with Ali was BS. I don't believe for a second that there was a work issue. I think Ali was trying to manipulate Jake into telling her she would be the one. Maybe I am a cynic, that is just how I saw it.

I think he should send everyone home. LoL. I hate Vienna. And is it me or is her relationship with her Dad a little strange? Being Daddy's Girl is one thing, but something just seemed... off. Gia seems like a nice girl, but I don't think she is for Jake. Although I am still with Kelley - he wants to wreck that chick. Tenley is sweet, but she seems too sweet and sappy for him. He'd be better off starting from scratch.

Edited by: Bride2008 on Feb 9, 2010 8:34 PM

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 9:47 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

OMG I cant beleive I forgot to mention Viennas CREEPY relationship with her dad. Ewwwwwwwwwwww, is all I have to say about that. Just Ewwwww. What is she, 12? when her and Jake were in her bedroom and dad comes aknockin on the door and they are kissing and shes like "tee hee, just a few more minutes daddy?" like shes a teenager. Ewwww. And then her dad saying to Jake "treat my baby like a princess, thats what shes used to, thats how I treat her." It was like he was passing the baton over to the new guy ... it reminded me of those creepy dads who make their daughters save their virginity and control it and all that ....... ick!!! Viennas whole hometown vibe creeped me out. Yuck.

Bride I would agree with you about the Ali thing, BUT I dont know, I dont see her as being that manipulative AND shes a pretty good little actress if that was the case cuz those were real tears there ... I dont know, it seemed vague and fishy, I just dont know if she was purely manipulating him or what was happening.... but the job thing seemed weird to me.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 10:22 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

You're right. She'd have to be an awesome actress. I am sure I am probably wrong, but it seemed so fake to me. Honestly, now I remember why I never watched the show before. The people just irritate me. LoL.

Edited by: Bride2008 on Feb 9, 2010 10:23 PM

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 2:05 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

IDOL:
Ellen wasn't THAT bad of judge. She kept the experience upbeat I thought. Lessened the drama they were trying to create. I'm surprised they got rid of almost half of the Day 1 people.
The guy (Andrew Garcia) that did the remake of Paula's song was MY FAVORITE. He got me singing that song AFTER the show was over. Very memorable and I thought it was a great compliment when Kara compared him to Adam's style. Not everyone likes him, but he's a great artist!
The girl that sang Kara's song had a GREAT voice and nice control. I'll be looking for her again. She just really sounded great and confident.
I also loved the rocker mom but I don't see her getting into the top 24.
I'm glad they cut the Jersey sisters before we were tortured with their voices again.
I was sad when they cut the country girl (Vanessa Wolfe)from TN who had never left her town before. BUT, she really didn't do good on stage. Poor girl.
Kinda surprised the Barney girl didn't make it but they didn't show her singing.
REALLY looking forward to group night tonight.

Mrs. Pinky

bosoxgirl Posts : 231 Registered: 2/3/10
Posted: Feb 13, 2010 2:56 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

THE OFFICE: WHO IS READY FOR PAM AND JIM'S BABY?????? Ahhh I can't wait any longer!!!!!!!!!!!

On another note, I have never watched an episode of Grey's Anatomy in my life...until 3 weeks ago when I caught season 1 on Lifetime. Now I am hooked...but so far behind. Encourage me everyone! Trying to get through all the seasons in less than a week!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: bosoxgirl

Bosox, do I FINALLY have someone in here to discuss THE OFFICE with? Please dont disappear lol. There used to be tons of office and 30rock watchers in here ages ago and now they never post anymore....

Definately ready for Pam and Jims baby,though it seems like shes only been pregnant for like 4seconds lol. Ah tv pregnancies........ Im still laughing at Dunder Mifflin being bought by Sabre and all the funny that has created. "Have you ever tasted a rainbow? At sabre....you will." thursdays was great... loved the whole mixup with valentines card going to Kelley. Of all people....shes so psycho lol.

Pinky I agree with you about your choices on Idol, I loved them too. Also loved the blonde girl with the guitar who sang Lullabye of Birdland, beautiful voice. I havent watched Wed episode yet, will watch today with DH.

Also havent seen Modern Family yet ,will watch today, heard it was really funny.

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 10:45 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

IDOL: Hollywood Week
I can't b/l that guy missed his 1st child's birth for an audition. I think he sounds great but Idk if he'll make it to the top 24 of even if voters will vote for him.
They keep going back to this Amanda chick who is 19 but I just really don't like her.
But I am happy Andrew Garcia went through. He's the guy that redid Paula's song.
And I'm happy that Didi went through too. Her voice is soooooooo good. I'll be surprised if she's not in the top 24.
I was so OVER the drama they tried to create with taht one group that had mary Powers in it. I was kinda hoping she DIDN'T go through.

Mrs. Pinky

Posted: Feb 15, 2010 1:10 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

HOUSE: Yeah Im really late on this but since noone replies anyway who cares lol. Last weeks was awesome, I loved how they showed sort of a day in the life of Cuddy and what she goes through btween work, her baby, and all the political red tape of running a hospital. I loooved that in the end she got her victory with the insurance company ....it was really cool.

IDOL: group week/night was fun, but I agree with you Pinky about them creating drama with that one group that was really boring. That girl Mary has a good rocker voice, but she seemed annoyingly bossy in a group. There were also tons of people they didnt show at all and now Im wondering if they got through, like Lili the blonde who sang the jazzy tune in auditions who I loved. I hate when they dont focus on people and then tehy just sort of disappear from the show and you nevr know why... I cant even remember specifcis right now about group day, still too many people for me to recall stuff. Once it gets down to top 24 and then 12, I can really start having fun with my reviews lol.

Sillyass Bachelor tonight lol. At this point, its just so fun to mock and watch my husband get angry watching ME watch The Bachelor.

Posted: Feb 16, 2010 9:38 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley - I watch House too. But I am usually a week behind. I just saw the episode with Cuddy. I loved it. She is really one of the best characters on the show, and I really liked seeing everything from her point of view.

Edited by: Bride2008 on Feb 16, 2010 1:15 PM

bosoxgirl Posts : 231 Registered: 2/3/10
Posted: Feb 16, 2010 3:50 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

You are looking at an Office fanatic, Kelley! I missed last weeks episode because its been chaos in my household but I will catch it on hulu tomorrow!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Posted: Feb 16, 2010 8:00 PM Go to message in response to: bosoxgirl

The BACHELOR Review:

So, thisweeks episode was sooo hilariously ridiculous, I actually took notes. MisterKelley(dh) was half-watching with me and mocking like crazy, so I wrote down some of his best and funniest comments along with my own observations. This show is so beyond silly and so obviously staged at this point. Realitysteves blog is RIGHT ON so far,and I have no doubts it will remain that way.

Jake and Gias date:

Sillyness. I laughed out loud when he said to her "youre really very deep." Ummm, hello? Really? Please Jake, give me one example, just ONE, of Gias deepness. Yeah, thats what I thought. Shes about as deep as plywood. And can she stop with the fingers to the mouth and the brushing her fingettips along her lips? All the time? Its so annoying. Their nasty openmouthed kisses were pretty disgusting as well. He sooooo wants to bone her. I wonder if they did it in the fantasy suite before he sent her ass packin back to NYC. Cuz technically, he can screw 3 girls in one week just for the hell of it. The whole idea of the fantasy suite was cracking me and MisterK UP. We were imaginging what the dumb card REALLY said or what Jake was thinking " Dear Jake and Gia, use this key to go and screw each others brains out. We will turn the camera off for 10min so you can F**k. Then Do the same with all the other remaining girls, and bring them to the EXACT SAME SUITE with the same roses and bed and hottub and everything else and act like they are special. Have a great f&&k. Love, creepy Chris Harrison."

MisterKelleys best line: Hey, Im sure they change the bedsheets and put new rose pedals down for each of the three whores. What more do you want?

Jake and Tenleys date:

Okay. Again with the flying scene? And again with the "On the Wings of Looooove" song .... really? I love how the show has at LEAST 3-5 flying montages in EVERY SEASON with minimum of 3 diff. girls, yet each time they do it, they act as if its the first time they have EVER shown the Bachelor with a girl flying and looking out at the city. GAG. Its soooo fake and staged. How many times can you have the same exact fixed romance? And could Jake be any more cheesy? "Its like a fairy tale up here...." Ummm, this show IS a fairytale you idiot.

And the dancing ... gag again. I had to actually fast forward through them dancing together because the sheer sappiness of it was making me wanna barf.

Misterkelleys best line: After Jake tells Tenley how he really wants her to open her heart, MK says "Yeah right .. Im sure its her HEART you wanna open up, ya perv."

Jake and Vienna:

She is ugly. Sorry, but she is. Looks like Tori Spelling from her 90210 days. Ick. Her eyes always look like she got hit in the face with a baseball bat. Doesnt she look like she just got a black eye? That chick doesnt know how to put on eye maekup or something.

Jakes stupidest line: "I need that immaturity." Ewwww. What? So you WANT a 5yr old as your wife? I used to like him, but week after week, he just gets cheesier and cheesier and hes kind of dumb and lame. They were acting like children on their date, and not in a cute fun way either, just in an annoying way. Gee you wacky kids are sooooo silly. When they were climbing the ship sail, I said to DH "woudlnt it be awesome if they both fell to their death right now?" I know. Mean.

When they went to the fantasy suite, I half expected Viennas creepy trailor park daddy to jump out and be like "hey now little girl, dont you get started on that without yer daddy!" And Vienna KEPT saying how shes NEVER been in love before. Over and over. Okay, Im sorry, but how old are you? 26 at least right? And youve NEVER been in love? Weird.

If Jake says "Im in love with three different women, all for completely different reasons!" one more time, I might have to murder him. What bullshit. How are you IN LOVE WITH three people? This show is hysterical.

THE ALI PHONE CALL: Totally lame, manipulative,and pointless. The whole thing was just a way to get the audience to feel badly for her, like her more, because she WILL be the next Bachelorette, according to realitysteve. And I believe him. He said after she left the show, shes still contracted to the show until the shows end ... so if they want to tell her to CALL JAKE so they can make it dramatic, they will do that. So thats what they did. At the very least, that call was suggested by the producers. I guarantee you shes the next Bachelorette.

Even though Gia has the intelligence and depth of a postage stamp, I did feel really badly for her when Jake sent her packing. The girl really started to think he was into her, and he probably gave her a good screwing in the fantasy suite, then sent her home lol. But wow, shes sucha little girl wiht the hair twisting and all that. But she was really hurt.

Anyone else have some opinions???

Posted: Feb 16, 2010 8:37 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley - I fast forwarded most of the episode. I took Jake's line of "Gia, you surprised me. You are so deep". Nevermind that she isn't that bright, but he pretty much told her "When I first met you, I thought you were a moron". So sweet of you Jake. But he definitely hit that. Tenley is so damn bubbly its annoying at this point. Yes, we know you got divorced. You tell us non-stop. Vienna is hideous. I'd agree with you about the Tori Spelling thing, but I think that's a little insulting to Tori, lol. Vienna needs to condition that nasty ass hair of hers. So dry and crusty - its gross. And the white lingerie?? SERIOUSLY?!

I think now more than last week that Ali is full of shit. I really think she expected to have Jake say "Yes darling come running back and be with me in paradise". But he didn't. In fact, that was the first thing he has done in weeks that I agreed with. I give Gia a lot of credit. When she said good-bye to Jake, she did it with a lot of class. She didn't badmouth the other girls, which I am SURE a lot of the other ones would have done. I felt bad for her.

I know the Olympics are a big deal and they only happen every few years, but I have to say it is really damn annoying that none of my regular shows are on because other networks won't go up against the Olympics. Not everyone gives a damn about ice dancing and curling. Some of us would like to watch Criminal Minds or Biggest Loser.

Edited by: Bride2008 on Feb 16, 2010 8:38 PM

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Feb 18, 2010 2:29 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

So Ive got other comments to make about the bachelor but I just got home and will pass out in aobut 3 minutes. But I just HAD to ask - am I the only one that saw that RIDICULOUS "dancing" is I guess what you're supposed to call it taht Jake was doing with Gia when they were walking around town?? Because I thought it was HYSTERICAL and had to rewatch a couple times for a good laugh :) Ahh this show gets more and more ridiculous every week but I cant look away..

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 10:47 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

AMERICAN IDOL: Top 24 was chosen, and I still cant remember half the people. But, I can tell you my favorites right now. My absolute fave is Crystal Yellowteeth ....the girl with the yellow teeth, harmonica and guitar skills and kickass unique voice. Love her. Also looooove Lili with the platimum blonde hair who sang Lullabye of Birdland ,plays guitar, very jazzy voice. Beautiful. Ashley Rodriguez is very good. Some others too, oh, Janelle something ... very good.

The men ... I really like that guy wiht the longish blonde hair who plays guitar and Kara is in love with him, I forget his name. So bad with names ........ also like Andrew whats his face who sang the Puala Abdul song. Not nuts about that tall dude whos trying to be Mick Jagger.

Man, I need to wait til there are waaay less people so I can give a proper review. But, some great talent this year,and I think everyone I liked went through.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine